Newbie with questions...

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Jodiat »

Summerwave im a little rusty in reading up on text like this. Its been years actually. What im not sure on here is the way the drinks were taken. Because it would make sense that some sugars would become fermented if alot was taken in one sitting. Spaced drinking or sipping would maybe have given different findings?

Im using Orange juice just now but would you sugest I try a different juice...or even water and sugar with olive oil? For a short period?
summerwave

sugars

Post by summerwave »

I will defer to RRM on all advice; it depends too on whether or not you are 1) experimenting (sensing the body) or 2) trying to solve an acute problem-- or a bit of both.

If it is instructive to hear why I did this, to sum up:

- I found it easiest digestively; and
- sensorially (sensing energy needs)

to use monosaccharides in a 1:1 ratio of glucose to fructose, plus oil in the manner the diet recommends for the sugar/fat ratio.

This was most easily achieved for me with cherry or grape juices due to their sugar profile, 50%/50% glucose/fructose powder mixes in water, or dilute raw honey (diluted with water) -- all with added olive oil.

Because all of these require no digestion of sugars in the intestine, they were easiest digestively. And because they went directly into energy needs, I could feel very easily when I needed to sip.

In truth I don't know if the ease was because of the handicap that I couldnt really digest sucrose, so the above was the only real way to get energy. That is-- who knows, maybe sucrose breakdown is nearly instantaneous in the intestine, so I exaggerate to say that glucose or fructose are that much quicker. I really don't know.

But I do sense that for digestive problems, the type of sugars (you can take my sample drinks above as examples that can be experimented with) I am talking about are really great. Orange juice has a lot of sucrose, so there is an extra step the body must take to use it (breaking down its two parts; it's a disaccharide or double sugar). So again: the above could be good to 1) solve a problem, as well as 2) run an experiment. But it's not necessary to limit yourself if you don't have the problems I (had)-- it's just a good test strategy. And it ensures perfect digestion of the carbohydrates, as they are immediately used and don't require anything of the intestine.
summerwave

simplest

Post by summerwave »

That was very long; to say it succinctly:

- I couldn't digest sucrose (due to Candida and damage to the intestine from eating grains); so if I sipped a sucrose-rich juice:

1) I felt immediately hungry (it wasn't usable to me), and
2) hunger was accentuated because the sucrose *was* used by Candida, which then craved more...

So no matter how much or when I sipped, I couldn't tell what my energy needs were: it was very confusing.

If you think or know you have Candida overgrowth, the same could be true.

My method helps to make you certain to meet energy needs properly, as the sugars are usable to you and you get the proper signaling. Does that make sense? If it is too complex thats okay; I just want to make sure others who can use the information get it, and it seems this might be helpful. But just in undertaking the diet there's a lot to do, so disregard this if it's too much, or not the right direction for you personally. Good luck!
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

No, that makes perfect sense and for candidia it makes sense.
I think im on day 3 or 4 now and im using OJ becuase I bought alot lol and still have a few litres left. What I did notice is while working out yesterday I was sipping the OJ in between reps. I did notice towards the end of my workout I could hear and feel OJ swishing in my stomach. Which I didnt know what to make of this because is that the volume I used..that OO or the fact some digestion is needed to break the sugar bonds?

So maybe whole fruit is not too useful at the onset if you have candidia?

'This was most easily achieved for me with cherry or grape juices due to their sugar profile, 50%/50% glucose/fructose powder mixes in water, or dilute raw honey (diluted with water) -- all with added olive oil.'

So Cherry, Grape fit the bill - did you use a glucos and fructose powder?
I could use honey and water with OO too.

I think I will switch soon and maybe use these for a few weeks and see how the coconut oil and anti fungals help and then maybe use OJ.
summerwave

candida/diet

Post by summerwave »

That is good to know; I am glad I was not shovelling things on top of someone who has many things to do at the outset of the diet...

Cherry and grape are nearly all fructose/glucose (for awhile I peeled extremely large grapes bought in Chinatown because I was afraid of yeasts on grapeskins; forget that step! it was very costly of time, for then I would juice them too, and it took forever....)

Unsweetened cherry juice-- tart or sweet-- is fine if you can get it. Honey too, diluted in water, thought this is tricky, as it dissolves only if the water is warm, and you will not want to heat raw honey too much...

I bought crystallized fructose and found glucose powder available too. Glucose is hard to find in the U.S., but not where you are. I had to substitute dextrose (from corn) or ribose, which were fine.

Sipping on juice this way was very helpful. It was key to me in many ways. The orange juice seemed to go nowhere in me. I based a lot of this on the Elaine Gottschall book _THe Specific Carbohydrate Diet_ which is based on eating monosaccharides or fruit for carbohydrates. But in limiting my fruit, I took her theory farther than anybody, I think! But it was vastly helpful to do so.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I will be on the lookout for these juices but the only problem might be that they are from concentrated fruit...although my organge juice is store bought for now its is packed within 24hour and is cold pressed then pasturised to last 3-4 weeks. Also my budget is stretched right now too. What about sugar water with OO?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:What about sugar water with OO?
Its a safe source of energy, but if you consume too much of it, you may ingest too little (specific) nutrients
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

oh thanks for the tip. Im going to add some water to my OJ and then some extra sugar and see how I feel and how my acne responds.
summerwave

experiences

Post by summerwave »

It is very good to read of someone setting out with this, and experimenting.

It can be hard at times to break the addiction to cooked foods.

When you have other adjustments to make or aspects of health to observe on top of this, it can be uphill at times.

But the diet is ingenious, and so attuned to the body's real needs, that from the beginning one is 'hooked.' There is always the motivation to continue (especially if you have a health problem).

It does seem at times that my health and clear skin are incredibly hard-won. But one does not have a choice, and the results come in so clearly once you are on the track. It can take awhile, but it is very, very much worth it. So: courage, attention to detail, and above all: good health!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you weren't doing it already, experiment with splitting up your protein intake during the day. Apparently you should be able to handle more protein if it's not all consumed in one go.

You don't have to eat nuts, so you can also experiment with eating less or no nuts.
summerwave

protein spacing

Post by summerwave »

Yes-- what Oscar says is a good idea.

I defer to his advice as well; it was an omission to leave his name out in what I posted! At RRM and Oscar's hands, you will get excellent information and feedback.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yes theres is plenty of really good quality information here! That is down to the guys like Oscar and RRM and yourself are able to give.

The cooked food thing isnt so much of a problem for me as I have done some crazy diets before. I relish the challange of clear skin again and trying to put weight on. However alot of new changes will mean easy errors and its morale crushing that these 'errors' are acne or cysts that people can see and I know are there.

Oscar I will be playing with my protein ammounts alot over the comming months, also my nut ammounts - which i might even stop for egg yolks if I find they are causing more harm then good. I thought I knew my body better then most people and yet it seems I still dont...acne seems to give slim chance for mistakes and punishes like judge, jury and exicutioner!
summerwave

acne

Post by summerwave »

It is very exacting, yes (reading what you wrote to Oscar)...

Sometimes you would do anything for a little 'forgiveness,' or a little slack.

I found that by understanding my missteps in terms of having some level of addiction to cooked food, myself (unlike what you've said of your experience), it was much easier. That is, what was 'unforgiving' was the body's essential intolerance of cooked food. So that made it easier, once I understood it that way. But I went through many months and years of upgrading my diet and still not being quite there, and at times I was incredulous that my body seemed to "demand only the best."

In retrospect-- this is how it should be. I spend a tremendous amount of time and money on food now, and it is all worth it, and I never deviate from the highest-quality foods. And it has amazing results to my body.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have little to add to summerwave's post. We've 'developed' ourselves to a point far from being able to trust and listen to our bodies. To get back to that point takes time and effort (read: experimenting), and the results are worth it.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

My main problem seems to be I want to clear and build muscle and these have alwasy been at odds for me...its one or the other. I want both and it will take some time but Rome wasnt built in a day.