Newbie with questions...

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Newbie with questions...

Post by Jodiat »

Ok, my first question is how can so much sugar (from any source as all carbs end up becoming sugar) not lead to candidia? I fully unerstand how fruit/fat combo leads to insulin regulation which is crucial for acne.

I say this because 'most' people who have acne...mine is cyctic...would have been on antibiotics/accutane and thus realised they have a leaky gut (not in every case mind).
Its my opinion candidia is still a problem for none acne sufferers as theyre liver capacity is so much better then a none acne sufferer that even if theyre blood is chronically 'dirty' it poses no acne problem - but a health problem. They can eat everything and anything and have clear skin because theyre bowels and liver can simply handle the extra stress - while an acne sufferer with a smaller capacity will find even dirty food hard to not just digest but utilise.

Second question is Brazil nuts and EVOO are higher in o6 fats and its common to find with acne its o3 fats we are in need of - this leads me to the question of balancing the omega ratio.
Reading what RRM does - which has taken a few hours, im finding it hard to believe if i follow the sample diet, with lashings of EVOO (even adding to OJ at 2:1 ratio) that I would not breakout...infact I would put money on me breaking out even more.

Im not new to raw, alkaline diets and the raw salmon I was doing years ago while I was lifting weights. Ive also done lengthy detox's with the herbs and P+B shakes.

Im 6 foot tall and weigh 130lbs with 6-7% bf and in a bid to put some lean mass on I decided to follow a diet that caused me too much acne. I will post more in the other thread about building muscle after ive read more on RRM.

Regards, Liam
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

In a bid to answer my own question about candidia. Maybe because the acid - alkaline ratio means candidia cant overgrow on this diet since an overgrowth can be almost impossible in an alkaline high body?

I duno - ive read that many books that the truth is always protected by a bodyguard of lies.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

found it...makes sense now

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxificat ... ve-oil.htm

http://www.drmyattswellnessclub.com/healthbeatV8I7.htm

NOTE on Olive Oil: Although Olive Oil has an acceptable Omega Ratio (11.61), it contains a high Omega-9's, fats which are non-essential and interfere with the body's utilization of the "good fat," Omega-3. Olive oil has a healthful reputation that far exceeds the reality of its worth. Use flax oil for salad dressings and such (Omega Ratio 2.18), and butter for low-heat frying (Omega Ratio 1.55).
summerwave

Candida/diet

Post by summerwave »

If you search my posts you will see a lot in the past year about Candida.

I adapted this diet to include only monosaccharides, which require no digestion (glucose; fructose; dextrose; ribose), even limiting fruit to those containing mostly monosaccharides. I was inspired to do this by my own observations and by The Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

In short, if you carefully monitor intake to these sugars and do not overconsume sugar at any point, there is little problem with Candida. Also, I found that Candida was linked in my body to amalgam illness (mercury in dental restorations). The Wai diet strengthened my body and continual observation and experimentation helped uncover that the real problem was mercury; it was helpful, not harmful. Eating sugar alone does not cause Candida, and the observations on the body by RRM help one observe very accurately how energy is used, and how the body is constantly signalling what it needs, and is trying to live in perfect health.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Hello. Reading more into it I have come to realise with somthing RRM wrote about sugars and a car. So now it makes sense. What does not make sense is my carb limit or even calories needed per day. Im sipping OJ with 2-1 ratio of OO through the day, and eating all fruit with plenty of fats (good fats like coconut oil which helps kill candidia).

I take antifungals too so - my new aim is to eat like a IV drip is inserted into me. Never really eating but snacking many times per day. Making my larger meal raw fish near bed too. I finally understand my aim is to keep blood sugar stable, without going over the top, to use fat as a buffer. While taking antifungals this should feed my body and muscles and not the overgrowth and I can still try to kill it at the same time.

I also used to take phyllium husks in the morning for a very long time to help constipation. Now im going to only use this once or maybe twice per week to keep things flowing optimally. I know some of my diet is un wai like but with all valid information you take what you need and use what works for yourself.

Do you have any other tips about sugar I should look for?

Liam
summerwave

sugars

Post by summerwave »

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (scdiet.org) very astutely notes which carbohydrates require breakdown in the intestine (which is a problem for those with IBS, Crohn's, and candida) and it is a good source in partially understanding how sugars are used in the body.

Going even beyond this, and within Wai guidelines, I ate fruit like cherries, kiwifruit, grapes, and figs that are very low in sucrose (all fruits contain a combination of sucrose, glucose and fructose in varying %s), as well as raw honey, which is 50% glucose/50% fructose.

I found it most "reductive" and easiest to eat for energy alone--- to train myself for cues for the even, "IV-drip" effect as you say-- this way, as fructose, glucose (dextrose) and ribose go pretty much right into action in providing energy. That is, unlike lactose, sucrose, maltose or other polysaccharides, there is no bond (of a double-sugar like sucrose, for example) for the body to break: it pretty much is immediately utilised.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

So for a short time fruits with more sucrose would best to limit...I have noticed if I eat grains I passed wind alot and I put this down to sugars and candidia. However since on this diet Ive alter how I eat and the timings I hardly ever pass wind. Which is a good sign the energy im taking is being used directly for functioning.

Ages back I did read abit about this and sugars but didnt believe in it. Shows how you never stop learning.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

About olive oil: we need fats and as such, we also need omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are termed "essential", because we cannot produce or convert (most of) them. Consuming foods which contain omega-3 (i.e. fish, eggs) doesn't mean you don't need other fats as well.
summerwave

sugars

Post by summerwave »

If you have any digestive problems, eating sugars this way (even short term) can provide tremendous relief.

With my young nephews, post-diarrhea from flu or other illness they are given grape juice instead of apple or pear (which are relatively high in sucrose). Again, juices like grape require no breakdown of anything sugars-wise. Eating the simplest sugars is perfect "invalid" food, for those recuperating, as it requires so little of the body, yet gives energy and nutrients.

Perhaps the body gets lazy and loses its ability to eat more complex sugars until one works back up to them. But I have gotten so used to eating this way that I still concentrate on the fruits I mentioned as well as a mostly-juice diet (with little solid fruit). It is easiest on the body...
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Oscar, I was sold on the idea of a moderate fat diet many years ago. I controlled acne with codliver oil and raw salmon before wai so some parts of this diet are not new. What is new is Olive oil and eating Brazil nuts. The ratio for me seems somthing which i need to control for acne and nuts have been a problem for me. That said those nuts was always 'dirty' so that evidance isnt much to work with.
Problem was I couldnt clear my acne either and its cystic, not pimples - I have only one or 2 pimples but have many cysts like 'bumps' on my back and at times on my chest...or my face once in a blue moon.
Im eating 240g raw salmon and 60ml of olive oil and 3-6 brazil nuts per day so im working out how I react too olive oil. I think it works well (seems as its not an essential oil) because of its anti-inflamatry powers. Its doing a dapper job of removing the size of cysts.

Summerwave, I understand things alot more from studying these boards...one thing tho is fiber can help reduce how fast the sugars hit the blood so im still working my limits and trying to figure out how to keep stable. So for a few weeks I could be breaking out alot more because im either taking in too much at a time or..well anything even down to die off reactions or even breakouts from adding more fats to my diet which recently was more grain based! (yes I know stupid grains)
summerwave

fiber, fat, and sugar

Post by summerwave »

Jodiat, fats/oils can do this instead of fiber.

I eat the sugar/fat ratio recommended with the juice I drink.

I think it is always useful though to do lots of experiments as you try this diet. Try everything, really.... It is all of these exercises in observing what the body wants that teaches you, not just strict adherence to everything from day one.

The experimentation is valuable, and again, it's all about what your body says.

Believe me, it knows better than you do what it needs....
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Thank you summerwave, its looks like I have to reprogram the 'truth' in my brain. Then I can give me body what it needs.

Day 3 for me...my diet is:

240g raw salmon
3-5 Brazil nuts with shell
whole fruit with coconut oil (when needed)
1l of (store bought) OJ with 60ml of EVOO (cold pressed)
Anti-fungal supplements for candidia

When I get a source of oranges to juice I will but this is taking time (I already have a cold press juicer tho)

I lift weights so I take my OJ at this time and the rest of the day im sedentry so the challange for me will be calories/energy management.

On the acne side I have 2 new breakouts around the mouth and one cyst on my back, one smaller bump on my neck - at this time Im putting these down to plenty of factors and Im not too worried over the cause.
Ive also noticed all my old acne has been reduced in inflamation by 50%+ so im looking at the EVOO and fresh omega in fish for that.

Also Ive slept amazing each night 10+ hours...but I expect in time I will need less sleep. I think my blood was very 'dirty' and thus causing new breakouts.

I think I will log what I find here and it gives 'old timers' a chance to give any input and tips.

Liam
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:Problem was I couldnt clear my acne either and its cystic, not pimples - I have only one or 2 pimples but have many cysts like 'bumps' on my back and at times on my chest...or my face once in a blue moon.
I had very big cysts on my back as well.
Experimenting with protein, munch foods and salt, i found that cysts are very much related tot total protein and salt intake, whereas pimples are more related to munch foods (dirty protein).
In my experience, there are 2 types of cysts: salt intake very much related to localised water retention / swellings, and high protein intake very much related to cysts that seem not swelling related.
Im eating 240g raw salmon ... per day
Thats a LOT, and would always result in cysts in my case.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Darn! I have noticed protein affects my cysts alot too. As when I lift heavy weights I eat more, usually proteins that were dirty too.

Again my cysts are similar, theyre 2 types. Swelling and actual spots. When its a spot it can spread up to a penny in size and it hurts to put any pressure on. The swelling type dont form puss...its like a lympatic bump thats very red and large.

RRM - could you be saying that my muscle building limitation is down to my skin? Say I dont clear on my version of the diet im looking at numbers.
240g Salmon is alot compared to the sample diet. However my needs are more because I lift alot and some days im very very active its hard to find time to eat.So my 50g of protien from salmon gives me all the aminos I need.

In other words this could lead to my protein needs, governed by my skin becoming too low to even be 'healthy'...in other words im not getting enough protein to function because the more I need to hit my limit breaks me out. Is that even possible? or Healthy? Infact I would be catabolic so much I would be eating myself if I didnt become less active...and thats not going to happen any time soon.
summerwave

a link on sugars in juice

Post by summerwave »

The following covers how the mix of sugars affects digestion differently based on their varying proportions in juices:

"Absorption of Carbohydrate From Juice"

The 4 major sugars in juice are sucrose, glucose, fructose, and sorbitol. Sucrose is a disaccharide that is hydrolyzed into 2 component monosaccharides, glucose and fructose, by sucrase present in the small bowel epithelium. Glucose is then absorbed rapidly via an active-carrier-mediated process in the brush border of the small bowel. Fructose is absorbed by a facilitated transport mechanism via a carrier but not against a concentration gradient. In addition, fructose may be absorbed by a disaccharidase-related transport system, because the absorption of fructose is more efficient in the presence of glucose, with maximal absorption occurring when fructose and glucose are present in equimolar concentrations.(14) Clinical studies have demonstrated this, with more apparent malabsorption when fructose concentration exceeds that of glucose (eg, apple and pear juice) than when the 2 sugars are present in equal concentrations (eg, white grape juice).(15,16) However, when provided in appropriate amounts (10 mL/kg of body weight), these different juices are absorbed equally as well.(17) Sorbitol is absorbed via passive diffusion at slow rates, resulting in much of the ingested sorbitol being unabsorbed.(18)

Carbohydrate that is not absorbed in the small intestine is fermented by bacteria in the colon. This bacterial fermentation results in the production of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, and the short-chain fatty acidsacetic, propionic, and butyric. Some of these gases and fatty acids are reabsorbed through the colonic epithelium, and in this way, a portion of the malabsorbed carbohydrate can be scavenged.(19) Nonabsorbed carbohydrate presents an osmotic load to the gastrointestinal tract, which causes diarrhea.(20)

Malabsorption of carbohydrate in juice, especially when consumed in excessive amounts, can result in chronic diarrhea, flatulence, bloating, and abdominal pain.(21-27) Fructose and sorbitol have been implicated most commonly,(15,16,28-30) but the ratios of specific carbohydrates may also be important.(31) The malabsorption of carbohydrate that can result from large intakes of juice is the basis for some health care providers to recommend juice for the treatment of constipation.(32)

Source (See for footnotes)- http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cg ... 107/5/1210