Newbie with questions...

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Your body can convert most of the fats from other fats, so there is no need to eat specific fats, except for the essential ones, the omega-3 ones.

Retaining water mainly happens because of cooked protein, not because of lack of water.

I'm not quite sure but isn't there heating involved in the extraction process? In case of soy lecithin this would mean cooked protein.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

There is only a trace ammount of protein in Soy lecithin, however your right its not essential as it can be produced by the body - im going to be using raw eggs when I can afford it...I might stop using it soon anyway.

I think your somewhat wrong on that idea, exccess raw protein can do the same. Drinking extra water if you over consume protein can help clear water retention faster. This is why the sample diet has limits on raw protein not unlimited.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes that's correct, that's why I said "mainly". The idea is to find the optimal balance for your body (no acne but sustaining muscle mass) by empirical experience, not by random amounts.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Thats the thing, my acne threashold is lower then my optimal for sustaining muscle...so far at least. The fish and 2 nuts could well uprgrade the fruit proteins to get a happy medium.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

For me that is also true; i used to have much more muscle mass (15 years ago),
but my skin does not tolerate that extra protein required.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Its irritating to have a limitation...altho size isnt always everything. Bruce lee stopped using his protein drinks after his back problems and he lost some mass but the quality of his muscle only seemed to get better - he worked his ass off mind lol and no-one could argue he wasnt muscluar or strong. So maybe im getting to grips with such low protein and less mass and maybe less acne lol.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Thought I would give a little update. Since using 120g of Salmon and no olive oil my cysts have stopped - maybe this can give me some restbite and as its been 4 days or more since these changes so I hope they can last. Ive still had a few little bumps come up on my forehead tho.

Erm..oh yea could some one pass me some information on why Olive oil is so important on the wai diet. I read the online book and it never had a page on basically why olive oil is used other then adding calories and helping curb insulin with sugars. It seems im ok with coconut oil, fish oil and some lecithin at the moment so im still not confident olive oil is for me because the breakouts using 50-100ml was sad.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:could some one pass me some information on why Olive oil is so important on the wai diet.
Its not. You may substitute it with any other good oil.
why olive oil is used other then adding calories and helping curb insulin with sugars. It seems im ok with coconut oil, fish oil and some lecithin at the moment so im still not confident olive oil is for me because the breakouts using 50-100ml was sad.
Olive oil does not cause break outs, but you may substitute it with coco oil and fish oil.
Please leave out the lecithin.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

okdio will do.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

RRM wrote:
Jodiat wrote:
why olive oil is used other then adding calories and helping curb insulin with sugars. It seems im ok with coconut oil, fish oil and some lecithin at the moment so im still not confident olive oil is for me because the breakouts using 50-100ml was sad.
Olive oil does not cause break outs, but you may substitute it with coco oil and fish oil.
Please leave out the lecithin.
This is where I disagree and for me Olive oil is causing me a problem! Wish I was making it up but im not. It could be an allergy.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, an allergy-kind of reaction may cause acne indeed.
But then its not through a general mechanism (fatty acid balance) that affects everybody,
but just affects those that are specifically 'allergic' to the oleuropin, for example.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yes, I need to play abit more with olive oil to see. It could be an allergy but I didnt feel bad physically but maybe mentally it dampened my mood when using it in excess. I will keep a base line of olive oil in my diet like 20ml for the 2 weeks of sample diet and then maybe increase it abit more to find out if its an allergy or just die off reactions of candidia. So I will start day one as today.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Make sure the oo is low in oleuropin!!
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Is that a bad thing tho? I know it could be this breaking me out but If its not an allergy im ok with that. I guess Ill just have to test it.

I tasted my two olive oils. One is very peppery and spicey the other is more mild and a little bitter. Both are cold pressed EVOO. Im going to use both but lower the ammount for abit and see how I go. Im abit stumpped atm with olive oil - im getting better results not using it then using it thats for sure.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe you can find an oo that is not peppery, spicy nor bitter;
just mild and without a specifically present taste (tasteless).