I think I've gone crazy-(noob with questions)

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
thefourth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I think I've gone crazy-(noob with questions)

Post by thefourth »

I am new to this forum, but have read through many posts as well as the majority of the Wai Says web pages, and as stated above, I think I've gone crazy :wink: . This is because I have decided to start the Wai Diet and the following workout program: http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm in the near future...I just want to be some natrual beast! I plan to start gradually going into the diet (mostly to get used to the egg (any time I say egg, I mean the Yolk) as suggested) shortly after Thanks Giving, and then I will do it strictly once I can consume enough egg. I will start the workout program once my knee heals from me buckling it or whatever I did- it keeps popping and hurts now :( yay...

Anyway, here is some info about me: I am 18, somewhere between 5' 10"-6', weigh roughly 150lbs and am in college- though staying at home for financial reasons. Normally, I am very active, but have not been so much recently. Health, especially naturally is very interesting to me and therefore I have found this forum :wink: and am majoring in pre-med planning to study naturopathy in gradschool.
[rant]
I think health is so interesting to me because my health is quite poor:

**I've had chronic sinus infections since Jr High- I was even hospitalized for this in 8th grade- and they seem to be getting more persistant and continuous as time goes on (possibly due to the fact that the MD's have been filling my body with ridiculous ammounts of antibiotics my entire life thus weakening my natural immunities)
**I have allergies (none to food), asthma, chronic back pain, and some depression probably due to my health haha!
**More recently, I have developped chronic back pain, mild acne (either due to refusing antibiotics anymore for my sinus infections or the onset of facial hair), and eustachian tube dysfunction (self diagnosed because my ear problems match many symptoms read online...probably got it from doing a handstand with a sinus infection :roll: )

So basically, I feel like garbage most the time and M.D.s haven't done a thing to help any of this really- they only seem to make things worse and I am fed up, refusing to take any medication (feeling better without them ha!), and seeking other means of healing myself. I hope to convince my parents to have me see an N.D. but until then, I figure if i can consume an increadibly healthy diet-which this appears to be and makes sense to me-it will help my body heal.
[/rant]

Ok. Rant aside, I will post the questions I have for this diet for me.

**The main question I have is: how much (roughly) should I be consuming on this diet if I am peforming the workout program linked above. Basically, how much fruit, nuts, OO or Coconut oil, eggs (I won't be having anything to do with raw fish haha- I believe I read that this was ok as well if I just eat more eggs?) and honey should I have in a day? And what would be the rough price-per week or month- that this diet will cost me?
**Has anyone had experience with health conditions such as mine listed above that have resolved on this diet?
**Is there any way to help me get used to recognizing my body's signals for when to eat on this diet? Right now I am using the fullness factor of course.
**Is organic not from concentrate but pasturized OJ ok? or should it be squeezed by hand?
**Is it ok to eat the general egg from Kingsoopers if they pass the freshness tests? or should I try to get free range or organic free range even?
**On the page about eggs, it was suggested to slowly start taking eggs to get your body used to the bacteria and that this will reduce the ill effects of eating a less than fresh egg. by bacteria, does this mean solely or include salmonella? If not, if I were to contract salmonella (I know something like 1 in 30,000 or so) on this diet, would the effects be as bad as if I was not regularly consuming eggs and contracted it?
**Would drinking an Apple Cider Vinegar(organic, unfiltered-Braggs) and honey tonic twice daily be fine on this diet?-this is supposedly to help some of my health issues
**It was suggested not to use tooth paste, I am curious to why and would something like Burt's Bee's be ok?
**Lastly, I live in an area with a lot of deer. I'm sure my father wouldn't mind if I eliminated a few as they mess with his garden.. so if I do slay one can I eat it raw on the spot and how long after I kill it would it be safe to eat? Hey, you never know... 2012 is closing in on us :lol:

I think this is all for now (finally right?), if I think up any I forgot, I will post separately
Thanks for taking the time to read all this, I am in a desparate health situation and really appreciate the help!

P.S. Happy Thanks Giving- perhaps you will eat raw, dried turkey and some egg yolk for gravy? :D

~IV: The Fourth
RRM
Administrator

Re: I think I've gone crazy-(noob with questions)

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:I have decided to start the Wai Diet and the following workout program: http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/brent2.htm
Phew, thats a tough combination...
You got to drink and run or swim at the same time!
**I've had chronic sinus infections since Jr High- I was even hospitalized for this in 8th grade- and they seem to be getting more persistant and continuous as time goes on (possibly due to the fact that the MD's have been filling my body with ridiculous ammounts of antibiotics my entire life thus weakening my natural immunities)
Exactly!
:x
I feel like garbage most the time and M.D.s haven't done a thing to help any of this really- they only seem to make things worse and I am fed up, refusing to take any medication (feeling better without them ha!), and seeking other means of healing myself.
Good for you, though you still need to be careful.
Exhausting physical activities may be dangerous for someone who is not very healthy.
how much (roughly) should I be consuming
That totally depends on how much energy you need.
And that is hard to measure.
I would start slowly, so that you can get used to eating a lot
and to monitoring your energy needs.
I won't be having anything to do with raw fish
Why not?
If you can bulk up on fish, it will be much easier for you.
what would be the rough price-per week or month- that this diet will cost me?
We cannot do the calculations for you,
but the good news is that you CAN.
Its about learning what does the trick for you, given the conditions.
We cannot tell you upfront.
**Has anyone had experience with health conditions such as mine listed above that have resolved on this diet?
Not me, but it seems doable to me.
**Is there any way to help me get used to recognizing my body's signals for when to eat on this diet?
Yes, by paying attention closely.
The more you pay attention to what your body says,
the more clearly it will 'speak'.
Its really about trying and trying.
**Is organic not from concentrate but pasturized OJ ok? or should it be squeezed by hand?
the latter is the best, but if you are not susceptible to acne,
it doesnt matter so much.
**Is it ok to eat the general egg from Kingsoopers if they pass the freshness tests? or should I try to get free range or organic free range even?
you dont need free range eggs etc.
Just go for the 'Kingsoopers', as they must sell a lot,
meaning fresh eggs.
Of course, hens fed healthy food (free range) means healthier eggs,
but its also more expensive, and not of essence regarding getting rid of your ailments.
by bacteria, does this mean solely or include salmonella?
include.
If not, if I were to contract salmonella (I know something like 1 in 30,000 or so) on this diet, would the effects be as bad as if I was not regularly consuming eggs and contracted it?
You will always encounter some salmonella.
How much salmonella it is, and how much your defense is trained,
determines the response of your body.
Once your have got use to eating raw eggs, the salmonella poses no danger anymore.
Then you may eat a ' salmonella egg' and you will maximally experience total bowel emptying.
**Would drinking an Apple Cider Vinegar(organic, unfiltered-Braggs) and honey tonic twice daily be fine on this diet?-this is supposedly to help some of my health issues
Drinking vinegar is not good for you.
What health issue are you referring to?
**It was suggested not to use tooth paste
I do.
if I do slay one can I eat it raw on the spot and how long after I kill it would it be safe to eat?
I have no experience with this.
I dont know about possible dangers.
P.S. Happy Thanks Giving- perhaps you will eat raw, dried turkey and some egg yolk for gravy? :
We dont celebrate thanksgiving here, but yes
today i ate raw turkey :D
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

RRM wrote:Phew, thats a tough combination...
You got to drink and run or swim at the same time!
Yeah simming will be much harder to drink during than running haha; also, would it be best to drink someting like honey water or diluted juice with or without oo? And would it be wise to get a bottle bigger than the one liter metal one I have now or should it do the trick?
Good for you, though you still need to be careful.
Exhausting physical activities may be dangerous for someone who is not very healthy.
True. Maybe I will wait untill summer to fully start the work out program because in summer I am rarely as sick as in winter. Then I'd begin with quick paced hikes and less reps in a bodyweight routine untill then...

Why not?
If you can bulk up on fish, it will be much easier for you.
I'll keep an eye out for fresh fish, mostly I never cared much for any kind of raw fish before... but maybe my tastes have or will change or maybe I will just down it if I can find some quality fish lol
the latter [reffering to OJ] is the best, but if you are not susceptible to acne,
it doesnt matter so much.
Ok, I think I will start with the home squeezed due to recent outbreaks of acne-never had any before like this; maybe it is just the hormones involved with my beard coming in...I've noticed loads of guys my age with acne worse than mine- and once I am clear see what happens when I introduce the pasturized organic stuff.

Drinking vinegar is not good for you.
What health issue are you referring to?
The tonic is 2 tsp acv with 2 tsp honey in 8 oz of water...I read around a lot online and many sites explained the benifits of ACV in regards to sinus problems and allergies but perhaps this is from the honey and not so true about vinegar? Also, what causes vinegar to be bad to drink?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Make sure the eggs you buy aren't pasteurized.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:would it be wise to get a bottle bigger than the one liter metal one I have now or should it do the trick?
that depends on if you have time in between to refill your bottle...
You can drink any fresh juice (apple, pear, orange etc).
I alway have to add sugar (and a little oo) for the extra energy.
mostly I never cared much for any kind of raw fish before... but maybe my tastes have or will change
Yes, if you always eat yolks, you will definitely develop a taste for 'something else'.
you can also eat raw beef, veal, or even chicken or turkey (thats what i also eat).
When you encounter good fresh fish, you can buy a big chunck, divide it in lots of
small portions and store them in the freezer; every day you take one portion out.
You can also buy frozen fish like tilapia; tastes good.
once I am clear see what happens when I introduce the pasturized organic stuff.
Excellent idea.
The tonic is 2 tsp acv with 2 tsp honey in 8 oz of water...
Ah, thats ok.
Also, what causes vinegar to be bad to drink?
I was under the impression that you drank pure vinegar;
as in: a lot.
What you do is ok.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!
you are welcome!
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

Oscar wrote:Make sure the eggs you buy aren't pasteurized.
Are eggs commonly pasteurized? If they are, would it be plainly stated on the carton; I went shopping today and didn't see any eggs that specifically said "pasteurized" anywhere on the carton.
RRM wrote:that depends on if you have time in between to refill your bottle...
You can drink any fresh juice (apple, pear, orange etc).
I alway have to add sugar (and a little oo) for the extra energy.
I would have time to refill between the different exercizes but not during

So you're saying you drink just juice with oo and sugar when you exercize? Seems like my mouth would get very sticky, maybe I could have one bottle with juice and one with water or does the juice work fine?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:Are eggs commonly pasteurized?
Not commonly; they are sold in just a few states.
Here's some good info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasteurized_eggs
By law, all egg PRODUCTS sold in the US must be pasteurized.
If they are, would it be plainly stated on the carton
Yes, as they consider it an attribution / extra value.
RRM wrote:would have time to refill between the different exercizes but not during
Ok, then the bottle will be big enough if each exercise require less energy than the maximum of energy stored in your bottle (depending on what you put in it)
So you're saying you drink just juice with oo and sugar when you exercize? Seems like my mouth would get very sticky, maybe I could have one bottle with juice and one with water or does the juice work fine?
The juice works fine. The more intense your work out, the more sugar you need.
Your saliva takes care of the stickiness.
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

Thank's again for the info! Im still working on getting into the eggs (1 tsp yolk for 3 days, then 2 etc) then once I can eat 5 full yolks, I will go head into this diet completely :D
silviya

Apple Vinegar is good for you

Post by silviya »

I also heard that apple vinegar is good for you. Mixed with honey,
But its too strong for me thats why i brew and drink Kombucha it has similar properties like Raw Vinegar infact same properties.. if not better.

So you always add more sugar to the juice for extra energy? So can i add Honey instead? Raw Honey? My parents produce and we cell raw organic honey so i have plenty ;)

I also read somewhere that eating a spoon of honey a day is good too?
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

My parents produce and we cell raw organic honey so i have plenty
free raw honey?... good lord girl, go crazy! :lol:

yep, honey is pretty much pure sugar. i think it contains a little bit of potassium too.

do your parents just sell it locally?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
silviya

Honey

Post by silviya »

Well we sell it to whoever wants to purchase.
Briefly as i dont want this to sound like advertising, and get kicked out from the forum, my dad has been a bee keeper for 20+ years back in our home country Bulgaria. Later we moved to America and this is our first year producing honey here in USA. And people, you have no idea how disgusting the honey here is in the stores you see. Not pure at all heated, added corn syrup , feeding bees, Nasty.
Ours is not and my dad is fair honest man. www.ecohoney.info :)

Seriously i cannot believe how everything in this country USA even something that should be so pure as the honey is messed up :(