Starting an Infant on Egg Yolk

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I didn't think yokes would be too important anyway while you're still breast-feeding, doesn't breast milk have the fat/protein they need already?
Babies gradually get used to eating 'normal foods' besides the breast milk.
Raw egg yolks are perfect for that job because:

- they are very easy to digest
- they contain essential cholesterol (for building brain tissue)
- they also contain omega 3 fats and B12
- they are nature's vitamin pills (no food contains more nutrients)
- they provide lots of energy
- they train the baby's defense system
- they taste good (no anti nutrients)
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I eat the yolks and feed them to my daughter for all of those reasons RRM has listed. What I was hoping for through breastfeeding was that my daughter would not only get what yolk nutrients come through in my milk, but also the immunities to the bacteria in the yolk.
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I didn't even consider that bacteria could be transferred through milk. I'd be really interested to know how a person who had never been contaminated with unhealthy food would be like.

I bet she will be very smart and kind and emotionally stable.

I'd love to meet a woman who shared my ideals and have a child with her who we could raise Wai, (as well as open minded etc.) I'm not really interested in women sexually however and I don't know if sharing a commitment like that would work out.

Sorry that's completely off-topic.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Mr. PC wrote:I didn't even consider that bacteria could be transferred through milk. I'd be really interested to know how a person who had never been contaminated with unhealthy food would be like.
Yes, everything is transferred through breastmilk; we nursing mothers have to be very careful and very conscious of what we are putting into our bodies. But, we are pretty used to it from our conscious choices during pregnancy. And, "uncontaminated persons" do not exist. There are impurities in our DNA from generations back. Look up DDT, for example (assuming you are more than remotely curious).

Mr. PC wrote:I bet she will be very smart and kind and emotionally stable.
Thank you for saying so, Mr. PC! She is very bright and happy; she is also very sociable, and intuitive. It is my hope, intention, and reason for being to raise my daughter to be all of those things, and more!
Mr. PC wrote: ...I don't know if sharing a commitment like that would work out.
Well, it's a little unorthodox, and no one will lie to you and say it would be easy. But, seriously, no relationships and child-rearing situations are easy. But, anything is possible: if you want something badly enough, you will have it. You simply will not allow yourself to be discouraged.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Oh ya, I didn't even think about intuition. I bet her intuition and senses will be very keen. I don't really have much understanding about intuition but I wonder if a person could train it. Haha now I'm starting to think about it like creating a super-human :shock:
I wonder if a wai baby would lead a significantly happier life.

Do you think it would be possible to find a wai surrogate mother? I don't know how I'd feel about that. Especially since I feel breast-feeding is so important. Maybe I should just adopt. Now I'm just thinking out loud (on the keyboard) haha.

I didn't realize DNA could actually be damaged permanently; that's really frightening. I remember hearing about DDT but that was before I really cared about health.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I don’t think a [true] Wai mother would want to be a surrogate mother, because she would insist on extended breastfeeding. You are right about breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is absolutely imperative. No infant is born expecting to be nourished from crap in a can mixed with tap water out of a fake silicon or latex nipple. A Wai baby would lead a happier life, because she wouldn’t be depressed, disordered, diseased, overweight, or medicated. I also believe the happiest [Wai] babies need both mommy and daddy together to co-parent to bring their children up with love and guidance; I do realize that is not the case a lot of the time, nor the preference, and it is strictly my opinion... But, just imagine you could be reincarnated as an infant, and you have consciousness; now whom would you choose for your caregiver: mommy? mommy with daddy? daddy? grandma? nanny? daycare worker? And, what do you choose to be fed, breastmilk? breastmilk and then soon after fake milk? fake milk only?
Mr. PC

Dads and Moms

Post by Mr. PC »

Ya, I've been reading doing a bit of reading on adult-influences and gender roles on kids, and there seems to be a lot of information on boys needing fathers; I'd assume (although I always prefer not to if I can get some info) that this would be the same for girls and mothers. This seems to be the basis of the Big Brothers Big Sisters organizations, and I've spoken to people who said their personal experience in that field has shown a huge improvement on (boys in this case) who were given a male role-model when they hadn't had one. I'm still not sure where I stand there at all, and if the same would hold true by extension for girls needing a male figure and boys needing a female. Maybe I should start a new thread about that. I think that breastfeeding would be the biggest issue, and I've thought that if I were to have I kid without a mom around that I'd want someone to breastfeed for me.
But, just imagine you could be reincarnated as an infant, and you have consciousness; now whom would you choose for your caregiver: mommy? mommy with daddy? daddy? grandma? nanny? daycare worker? And, what do you choose to be fed, breastmilk? breastmilk and then soon after fake milk? fake milk only?
I know I'd definitely want breast-milk. As far as who's taking care of me I don't think it would matter what 'kind' of person, as long as it was a person who loved me and was responsible/intelligent enough to do what's right for me.
snowbunny

Re: Dads and Moms

Post by snowbunny »

... and I've thought that if I were to have I kid without a mom around that I'd want someone to breastfeed for me.
Do you mean the mother is not around by choice... or because she is no longer living? If she is no longer alive, I agree with you to get someone to give your baby breastmilk instead of giving her cow milk or fake milk alternatives. However, if the natural mother is still living, you should have her breastfeed the baby (assuming she was healthy enough to bear children, she should be healthy enough to lactate), because a mother's milk is designed specifically for her baby. The consistency of mother's milk varies from morning to afternoon to evening to night, giving the baby exactly what she needs at all times. In other words, mother's milk "knows" her baby and "knows" her baby's exact needs. I know you have suggested you are not interested in a romantic relationship with a woman, but that does not mean that you cannot co-parent and allow the mother to breastfeed the child. After all, once you bring a child into the world, your purpose is to raise that child well, and your needs and desires become secondary.

As far as who's taking care of me I don't think it would matter what 'kind' of person, as long as it was a person who loved me and was responsible/intelligent enough to do what's right for me.

And, the responsible-intelligent-right things would be to breastfeed, and to consciously and carefully nurture the child's moral, intellectual, social, and physical growth... I believe the best person for that is none other than a mommy! All others, while they still may do a good job, their abilities still come in second to those of a true mommy.

I do think daughters need fathers as sons need mothers, as daughters need mothers as sons need fathers... but this is a totally new discussion; you're right. Let's start a new thread elsewhere.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

Update on my daughter:

She is now 36 weeks old, and she has been having, on average, one yolk per day. She loves yolk very much.

She always has her yolks plain, but sometimes I have let her have tiny tastes of my yolk, which I take with a little sugar. Of course, I do not want to risk any negative issues with refined sugar in an infant/child, and so this sharing is rare.

She also eats ½ c to 1 c. of blended fruit each day, usually tropical fruit like pineapple and mango.

And, of course, breastmilk throughout the day and night.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you snowbunny,
please keep us posted.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I think this probably is something that would not work, but I am going to ask anyway: Can I mix some yolk with a mashed banana, and take it to go to feed my daughter a few hours later? I suspect the yolk does not keep, right?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Someone told me there was raw yolk in salad dressing. That the vinegar and maybe something else kept it from going bad.

They say to store raw yolk in the fridge cover it with plastic and allow no air in, so that would imply air is what makes it bad. They were talking about storing for 12+ hours though. I don't think a couple of hours would be bad but maybe try it on yourself first, and if her immunity it strong from already eating the yolks; you could of course trying 10, 20, 40, 60, 90, 120 minutes, and than you know it's OK.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, if you can keep it in a vacuum box,
then its all right.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

I'm sorry; I have no idea what type of container a vacuum box is.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

My daughter is now 9 months old, and has grown and developed a lot in a short span of time. She is very social, active, and very strong. She is also extremely happy. She eats one yolk every day. She will also eat about a cup of pureed raw fruit, such as peaches, mango, or pineapple. I feed her in my lap, as she likes, which makes any feeding a close, sweet, loving, and comforting experience, like a breastfeeding session. She is still breastfed on demand, but is down to four feedings a day. We also still breastfeed throughout the night. I am not working on weaning her, nor do I anticipate weaning for at least another year. I am a very pleased mum.