Change from the muffins and bread i'm used to...

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Change from the muffins and bread i'm used to...

Post by Mr. PC »

What do you do when your Dad spends all day baking muffins and bread, using all your bananas and apples, and than asks you to eat it because he wanted to make you something healthy that gave you a change from the same-old stuff you're used to.

I've told them many times I don't eat wheat, because it's a sedative, but it just goes out their other ear. But I feel like I should be polite since he worked so hard on it. (But guess who's gonna end up cleaning up from them).

Sorry for the rant.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:(
Iris

Post by Iris »

That sucks! :(
But to answer your question, I wouldn't eat it ;) I'd wouldn't want to risk having to eat his home baked muffins/bread all the time (or even regularly) ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed.
just be honest, straightforward and proud.
Eventually, thats the easiest way.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks; I ended up eating half a muffin, and giving my mom the other half. :)
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

not to say that your dad would do this or that he is... but sometimes, i think people pretend like they don't understand or they don't get it. they play stupid just because they think they can make you feel guilty or trick you into doing what they want.

people think us wai'ers are just being fussy or silly and sometimes they have good intentions... they just want us to relax and enjoy a treat, when really, we are the ones who are relaxed and they are the ones who need to chill out and respect the ways of others.

also, some people are just jealous and want us to go against our diet in hopes that we will eventually crack under the pressure and resume our old eating habits.

there are millions of reasons why people just don't get it or don't want to get it. in the end it's all about what you truly want for yourself. for me, the wai diet is a corner stone of my spirituality and that makes it easy for me to sit in a room full of people who are eating all kinds of toxic madness and good smelling treats and i just eat nuts and nibble away at my banana or apple or sipping my juice.

sometimes, at work, someone will order a pizza and put it down in front of me at the lunch table and ask me if i want a slice. i take a big whiff of the pizza and say 'mmm', look up and with a big smile say 'no thank you' :lol:
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
Iris

Post by Iris »

sometimes, at work, someone will order a pizza and put it down in front of me at the lunch table and ask me if i want a slice. i take a big whiff of the pizza and say 'mmm', look up and with a big smile say 'no thank you' :lol:
:lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ha ha, me too!! ;D
I serve food in a restaurant and every now and then some food smells really delicious,
I then "take a big whiff of it and say 'mmm'" and then bring it away.
Somehow the kitchen staff is always surprised when i do that,
because they know my dietary habits and whenever they offer me some food,
"I look up and with a big smile say 'no thank you'"...
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ya, actually I've done that sometimes too, even when no one's looking. It's like making fun of your willpower strengthens it. Smiling helps a lot too, actually, thanks guys.

On a similar note, yesterday I was having Christmas dinner with my family, and a few asked me if I was going through that 'fruit phase'; I said 'yes I am'. I hope they ask me that every year and I can still answer yes when I'm 40, and 80, and 120. :)

Although actually I don't want to live that long. My brother always tells me "you're not special, we're all gonna die", he doesn't get that I'm eating this way for my present as much as or more than for my future.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Really nice how you handle and think about this :)