Walking

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
snowbunny
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Walking

Post by snowbunny »

I am wondering now about daily walking: approximately how long should I be walking to ensure I have “emptied my glycogen stores;” is the length of time a function of age/weight/how much food consumed? I usually walk about 60 minutes at a time each day, but some days, I can only walk for 30 minutes at a time, and other days, I have walked for 75 or 90 minutes at a time. And, on a few days, I can do no walking at all, usually because of (daylight) time constraints, or bad weather.
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
RRM
Administrator

Re: Walking

Post by RRM »

It depends on how much filled your glycogen depots are.
As the depots get emptied, you feel your legs becoming 'energy-less'.
Its not a must, but an extra.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

So, in other words, I may need to walk for longer or shorter periods of time, or not at all, depending on how much I have had (or not had) to eat that day; is that what you are saying?
RRM wrote:Its not a must, but an extra.
Walking is [sometimes] not necessary, then?
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
Iris

Post by Iris »

snowbunny wrote:Walking is [sometimes] not necessary, then?
I think you are the only one who can answer this question :wink: Do YOU find it necessary? What are the benefits to you, and what are the burdens? This may even differ per day. It's all about doing what gives you the most benefits/best feeling/most energy/... you name it :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly.
snowbunny wrote:So, in other words, I may need to walk for longer or shorter periods of time, or not at all, depending on how much I have had (or not had) to eat that day; is that what you are saying?
Yes, it may be that your glycogen depots are still empty;
that they never got replenished because you simple didnt eat enough.
And, if they are full, but you are only going to replenish blood sugar,
you dont need to empty them.
Only if you are planning on having 'a bit too much to eat', then its very helpful if you empty your glycogen depots first,
as then all that extra food will not be stored as fat, but will be used to replenish your glycogen.

And, besides that, as Iris wrote, it totally depends on what you want
regarding how much you need to walk to gain a certain firmness, or lose weight, or feel fit etc.