Different results

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
sergio
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Different results

Post by sergio »

Hi Way,

I'm a 25 years old guy, 185 cm x 71 kg, with oily skin and bad acne.

I've been on strict diet about one month ago: in 3/4 days I was completely clear, amazing! I started to experiment (not carefully enough...) and I broke out...

So now I'm on 100% diet again... BUT after one week results are very different from the first time: since I started again, there's been a little improvement, but I still get 5/6 pimples every day!! The first time, after 2/3 days no pimples were developing anymore....

Here is what I eat:

one banana, a big cup of OJ (with 5 tablespoons of extravirgin olive oil + 5 of granulated sugar)
banana, OJ (w oil and sugar), avocado, tomato, 1/2 cucumber salad with oil, 5 egg yolks (no physical activity after that)
banana, OJ (oil and sugar)
banana, one cup of strawberries, 1/2 cucumber and tomato salad

The diet is pretty similar to the one I made the first time, results are not! Only one thing has changed: one month ago I was using a soap for sensible and oily skins, now I'm using pure rosewater! And I apply walnut oil every night.... I don't see what I'm doing wrong.....

Any suggestion? Anything I could change or do better?

Please help me!! Thank you....

Sergio
sergio

Post by sergio »

Hi again... neither the time to write one post and my skin is healing (at least it seems so, today no pimples!)

But I'm writing also because I have quite a BIG concern: while on the strict diet, I don't like the way i feel. I feel strange, a bit weak and a bit depressed (it's a big word, but it's just to give you an idea)

My problem is this: I can only have 4/5 meals per day and I cannot drink more than a litre of OJ (listed above in my previous post you have what I usually eat). I have a desperate need for long lasting energy at "lunch" (my second meal). during the afternoon I always feel "strange".

Oh yes, the reason why I cannot drink too muck OJ: my dentist! last week he said I can't afford more than that, because my teeth are getting worse and worse (and unfortunately he's right). I need a proper meal in the early afternoon, without that I can't go on with this diet and it would be terrible (my acne is very bad!).

So, as I don't want a PERFEECT skin, 2/3 pimples per day would be ok (what I don't want is breaking out with huge painful pimples and cists again), what could I eat once a day that can supply me with the energy I need (with the lowest risk of breaking out)? Basically, I need to add a proper food to the diet I've listed above, that boosts my energy/mood and doesn't make me break out...

Right now I love my skin, but I hate the way I feel (just can't live with so few energy) and I can't drink more juices (in general, not only OJ) than I do because it would destroy my teeth. I really desperately need your help!!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hi Sergio!
Your skin needs more time to get clear. One week is not that long ;)

About the teeth; it makes a lot of difference whether your oranges are fully ripe or not. Sugar is not the problem, acid is. So it's best to let your fruit ripen say a week or so. What also helps, is eat some nuts in between. This provides you with lots of energy, is easy to carry with you, and doesn't hurt your teeth.

If you want to eat munch foods, make sure it's low in protein (15 gr/day max)
Last edited by Iris on Fri 09 Apr 2010 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
sergio

Post by sergio »

Yes, it's getting clear indeed! :D

However, my biggest concern right now is the mood, how I feel: I know that ripe oranges are less harmful, but it remains an acid fruit and I can't afford more than one litre... you should see my teeth! :roll:
So I need a food that supplies me with a long lasting energy, the energy of those 2/3 litres of juices that I can't drink, but in the meanwhile a food that doesn't make me break out...

Any idea about which food could "meet these requirements"? Iris, Oscar, RRM.....

Thank you in advance for helping me!!
Iris

Post by Iris »

sergio wrote:Yes, it's getting clear indeed! :D

However, my biggest concern right now is the mood, how I feel: I know that ripe oranges are less harmful, but it remains an acid fruit and I can't afford more than one litre... you should see my teeth! :roll:
So I need a food that supplies me with a long lasting energy, the energy of those 2/3 litres of juices that I can't drink, but in the meanwhile a food that doesn't make me break out...

Any idea about which food could "meet these requirements"? Iris, Oscar, RRM.....

Thank you in advance for helping me!!
Your mood can only be optimal when you eat enough, and the right foods. In order to achieve this, can't you just take more bananas with you? This provides you with a lot of energy, is cheap and contains a lot of sugar and little acid. Or juice other (less acid) fruits, like melon for example? Also, make sure to use a straw when drinking juice, and rinse your mouth with water regularly (also when you ate something). Or eat a whole avocado for lunch? Another option is dried fruits, like dates. These provide lots of energy, especially when you eat them together with nuts.
Also, since you're having trouble consuming enough energy and costs are an issue, I'd skip the tomato-cucumber salad and replace it with something more energy-dense.
sergio

Post by sergio »

I already eat loads of bananas everyday... And I always have an avocado for lunch... in the morning and early afternoon I always eat: bananas (2or3), avocado/cucumber/tomato with loads of oil, 2 big cups of OJ (with oil and sugar) and 5 egg yolks!

nonetheless, it's not enough... I go out (with a banana and an apple) and in one or two hours I feel week and "depressed" again. I've read that the best thing would be bringing OJ and drinking it everytime our body needs energy, but as I've explained, I can't do this!! I will add dates, but i don't think they're going to solve the problem :(

What else can I add?
Iris

Post by Iris »

sergio wrote:I already eat loads of bananas everyday... And I always have an avocado for lunch... in the morning and early afternoon I always eat: bananas (2or3), avocado/cucumber/tomato with loads of oil, 2 big cups of OJ (with oil and sugar) and 5 egg yolks!

nonetheless, it's not enough...
Then eat more of it.
I go out (with a banana and an apple) and in one or two hours I feel week and "depressed" again.
That's because your blood sugar level gets too low at that point. You should at least eat something every 1-2 hours. Try to do this before you feel so weak/depressed.
I've read that the best thing would be bringing OJ and drinking it everytime our body needs energy, but as I've explained, I can't do this!! I will add dates, but i don't think they're going to solve the problem :(

What else can I add?
It's not that you need to include more variety into your diet, you just need to eat/drink more.
Your problem is a matter of energy management. When you manage to ingest enough energy at the right time, you won't feel depressed all of a sudden anymore. So adding dates to your menu could very well solve the problem, but also just eating more bananas or avocado (without the cucumber/tomato!) ;)
Drinking juice (not per se orange juice, juice whatever fruits you like) is an easy way to ingest enough energy, yes. But not necessary at all. You could also just eat more often, like every hour. And, as I mentioned earlier, another option is to juice less acidic fruits, like melon.

Have you read the "teeth topic" on this forum?
sergio

Post by sergio »

Yes I've read it, thanks... I can see your point, Iris, but what I'm asking is if there's a way to eat 4/5 meals and don't lack energy. I mean, this is what I'm doing now:

1st meal (morning): oj with sugar and oil, banana, avocado, 4 egg yolks, honey
2nd meal (early afternoon): oj w sugar and oil, banana, avocado, 4 egg yolks
3rd meal (snack): oj w sugar and oil, banana
4th meal (dinnertime): banana, strawberries, salmon, dates
5th meal (before bed): banana or apple

Now, calories intake is apparently fine (about 3000kcal, which is what I need... I'm 1.86 x 72 kg, quite active). Yesterday at 6pm (after the 3rd meal) I went to the cinema by bike and after riding 10 minutes I was almost FAINTING. Do you understand that I can't go on like this? So, I guess the main reason is that most of these foods give me short lasting energy. What I'm asking is if there are some other foods that can supply me with a LONG lasting energy. And not because I want to vary my diet, but because I FEEL that I need something else.

RRM, what is the least risky (in terms of breakouts) munch food that can supply me with long lasting energy?

Thank you all,

Sergio
sergio

Post by sergio »

Please RRM can you reply? I need yout help! It's not getting better... (Also during the last three days I'm not sleeping well, I get up very early)
sergio

Post by sergio »

Oh yes, ad I also feel my eyesight is getting worse and worse (I've read it's because of too high sugar levels in blood).

So, to summarise: eyesight, depression/weakness, bad sleep! HELP! I'm vey worried....
gianni

Post by gianni »

Try some potatoes, either baked, mashed, home fries, or soup. Add some butter and cream. See if that helps how you feel. Have you ever read about Vitamin K2? People who have problems with their teeth can be deficient in that vitamin. Also, some people don't have the minerals in their body to deal with the acids in the citrus. After reading many books about acid/alkaline, all of them saying that citrus is alkalizing, but still having major issues when I include them in my diet, I finally found that piece of information but I can't remember where. A Chinese lady that I used to talk to told me that citrus and bananas are not good for the liver and can weaken your vision and cause depression. This may not sound like good news to someone on this diet, but if you find that quitting the orange juice and bananas helps with the depression you can move on from there.....one step at a time.

Betsy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You need to work on your energy management. At the moment you take 5 meals a day, this has to go to at least 10 with the same amount of energy, but more evenly spread out. The more often you eat something, the closer you can monitor your energy needs.

Eyesight often fluctuates, but one of the major influences is stress/strain. Relax your eyes and neck, blink enough, and try not to worry.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sergio wrote:what I'm asking is if there's a way to eat 4/5 meals and don't lack energy.
No, you need to eat way more often / frequently.
You can only eat till your full, but that doesnt mean your energy needs have been met for a couple of hours.
Fruits contain lots of water, and fiber, which fills you up readily.
When your stomach is full, that doesnt mean your energy needs are met.
So, you need to eat something whenever your energy level goes down a bit.
In practice this will mean that you need to eat way more often.
Do you understand that I can't go on like this?
Of course.
Its mistake #1
You need more energy than that. (3000 is not much for an active male)
What I'm asking is if there are some other foods that can supply me with a LONG lasting energy. And not because I want to vary my diet, but because I FEEL that I need something else.
What you feel, is that you need glycogen,
which is spare energy.
To build up that glycogen, you need to eat too much energy first,
so that the body will convert the extra sugars as glycogen in the liver and your muscles.
RRM, what is the least risky (in terms of breakouts) munch food that can supply me with long lasting energy?
You dont need much foods.
You need more energy.
Consume food much more frequently,
and build spare energy (glycogen) in your liver and muscles.
Then you will have no issues at all.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sergio wrote:Oh yes, ad I also feel my eyesight is getting worse and worse (I've read it's because of too high sugar levels in blood).

So, to summarise: eyesight, depression/weakness, bad sleep! HELP! I'm vey worried....
Thats all related to poor energy management.
Serotonin for example iss essential to being able to sleep well and to feel happy.
Due to low glucose levels, too little tryptophan eneters the brain to be converted into serotonin.
Eyesight also depends on glucose.
Weakness is simply a lack of energy,
particularly glucose in the blood and glycogen in the muscles and liver.