Hello - New Here; can't eat veggies

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Genie75
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hello - New Here; can't eat veggies

Post by Genie75 »

Hello,
I'm very happy to have found this place and this diet. I'll try not to exaggerate but honestly I feel I was getting sicker and sicker and desparate for a solution. I had tried the paleo diet with some success last year and I ate a ton of fruit. That got rid of my pain in my colon that I had for over and year and nothing else worked. However, I was very confused. I know and still know that veggies make me very sick. Yet the paleo diet included veggies. I actually ended up getting very sick cause I was eating a spinach salad everyday. I had thought spinach was supposed to be a non-constipating food. It had the opposite effect on me. Ok, so I learned over the past few years that fiber makes me sick. Yet the doctors keep telling me eat more fiber and yet I kept getting sicker.
At one point in time I had told myself to listen to my body and only eat what I want to eat, not what everyone tells me to eat. I naturally gravitate towards fruit. I have often told people I am a fruit and meat eater. I have been gluten free for more than 10 years but my colon degraded and got signicantly worse. To the point where I was suffering from depression, worried I would have to go onto disability, give up all social events I like, etc. I had actually asked myself what is the point of livng if I can't eat???? So I have been sick and unable to eat. I believe I'm badly inflamed inside (although the doctors never seem to be able to see anything. Go figure). When I found the Wai Diet last night on the Net, I have renewed hope. The diet confirms what I have suspected about my body for a long time. That I can't eat veggies!!!! Even the paleo didn't say to exclude veggies (except for potatoes, yams, etc). So that's where I was lost. And then I started adding back in rice and dairy, and I ate stuffing at Easter. Am paying dearly for it.
So I am in recovery mode. Drinking gingerale, eating watermelon, tried the sashimi at lunch time. I know last year when I ate a high fruit diet (lots of purple grapes) I caught no colds of flus at all. I was the healthiest I had ever been. So I know fruit works for me. It is nice to have found a group of people who are also eating that way. I get very isolated and don't want to socialize cause I feel like I'm a freak with the way I eat. Now that I have found this diet, I will no longer play the victim of my ailment, but rather be a proponent of this diet, which looks like it's going to save my colon from getting any worse.

Thanx for listening, Genie
Iris

Post by Iris »

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Genie :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome, Genie. :)

Read the Wai World site (if you haven't done so already), and ask any questions you have.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Consuming fresh raw egg yolks works wonders when your body is in recovery mode,
as its very easy to digest (no fibers, connective tissue or antinutrients)
and very high in nutrients.
It will also make you feel happy and sleep good (due to activation of serotonin receptors).

Drinking juices instead of whole fruits also works well when you are in recovery mode,
particularly so when your body has issues with fiber.
gracie

Post by gracie »

Hey Genie, that was an inspiring post! I can very much relate. I feel your pain (...colon pain), and I can tell you that my extremely sensitive digestion feels great on this diet.

I also did the paleo diet for a while, but while reading through Waisays, it struck me that fire was only invented relatively early in our human history--and, yuck, raw broccoli--so the notion that we "always" ate vegetables and "need" it started wearing off.
But like you, what really convinced me was listening to my own body.
It's infuriating that your doctors told you to eat more fiber, when the exact opposite is true!

As RRM said, the best thing for your situation is eating egg yolk, and lots of it, and juices! It worked so well for me.
I get very isolated and don't want to socialize cause I feel like I'm a freak with the way I eat. Now that I have found this diet, I will no longer play the victim of my ailment, but rather be a proponent of this diet, which looks like it's going to save my colon from getting any worse.
That's great! It IS a 'weird' diet, but what keeps me going is exactly that attitude: I care about my body, and I will do anything to help it!
And socially, I think that your confidence will shine through. People are full of bias and misinformation, but don't make that your concern. My friends all know about my diet and why I do it. Most of them think it's interesting. :)
You'll figure something out that works for you. If you need any support, you've got the forum!
Genie75

Thank You

Post by Genie75 »

Thank you Gracie and all,
Gracie it is so good to hear your story also. I do have troubles with friends not understanding. Everyone believes we should eat fiber, but it is unbelievable how much time I spend being sick and when I'm sick I'm unhappy. The problem with the paleo diet, is that ended up making me very sick as well. It worked to a certain extent if I avoided veggies, but then I switched from having problems with diarhea to very bad constipation problems. And then the doctors telling me to eat more fiber to get rid of the constipation. and then the stool softeners and just a downward spiral. I am currently eating fiber free as per "IBS explained" recovery diet. However, I was terrified of getting constipated again. However, the way Wai Diet explains that oils and sugars help with constipation, I was pleasantly surprised to find this to be working. So I am very gradually recovering (again). I am unable to eat fruit yet as I have too much diarhea (have IBS-A), but am getting back onto fruit juices and am pleasantly finding that oils and sugars are preventing the bowels from getting too constipated while I eat fiber free (let colon rest).

Thanx for listening and sharing, Genie