Wai Food Guide Pyramid

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

coughlazycough ;)

Btw do you have any idea whether it'd be worth it to upgrade to phpBB 3?
panacea

Post by panacea »

yes it would very very very much with all the hacks and add ons it would pay off bigtime in the next 5 years. i use my own browser side hacks right now, like greasemonkey scripts to force a quick reply box onto the bottom of the page :) but... there have been problems going all the way to phpBB 3.. there are bugs, namely users passwords don't get transferred, and they have to use the 'forgot password function' to get a new one, it can be confusing to old users coming back and not being able to log in, but if you made an announcement stating it might be a problem it might work. Also the theme I have planned (I'm modding a skin I downloaded) makes phpbb 2.0.23 looks almost exactly like phpbb 3 without the added functionality of course, so the visual aspect will atleast be the same without the danger.
panacea

Post by panacea »

screenshot of it in action, also note the asterik icon near the google search, that auto-logs me in to this forum, the triangle at the bottom left monitors when people reply to post and one click (alert box pops up) takes me to the last post. the highlighting in yellow is only for my posts so I skip them while scanning, the magnifying glass is an addon called no squint. if everyone used these add ons I think even a 10 member community could be a very lively discussion forum because people would know instantly when a new post arrived, didn't have to log in to reply to it, and didn't even have to click to make a new post and lose their place while reading!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3518/q ... yaddon.png
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

IF we decide to do that, we might as well completely change the forum, as I had already intended. I even made a completely new forum layout, which is now out-of-date because we changed plans. What do you think RRM?
I'll work on it after I file my tax return. ;)

How do you get the text on your desktop? Can you use the text together with icons?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im fine with either way...

coughevenmorelazycough
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

;D
panacea

Post by panacea »

How do you get the text on your desktop? Can you use the text together with icons?
using a program called rainmeter:
http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/

then I searched customize.org for a theme I liked, installed it and used his wallpaper.

yes the text goes with icons, they even had matching icons to fit that color scheme but i haven't gotten around to it so I just hide the icons and they show by me holding down a hotkey.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hey that's pretty cool. :)
I think I found the same theme you have, but my virus scanner was complaining that the zip file contained spy/malware.
panacea

Post by panacea »

hmm what anti-virus do you have?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

McAfee.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Alright, I scanned the file (can be found here: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/62898) with NOD32 AntiVirus and Malwarebytes Antimalware (both updated), found nothing. Uploaded to VirusTotal website, which uses a bunch of different detection methods by different antivirus programs, most of them junk, and came up with like 5 out of 30 detecting something, this usually means a false positive, as they each detected something different lol.

I also researched the problem on the rainmeter forums, a few people have had this problem with other popular skins, and even rainmeter itself, because they use a developer program called AutoIt for compression of some files and that is recognized as a virus by some anti-virus programs. I looked inside the darkrainmeter.zip skin folder, and sure enough there is an .exe for the skin in one of the folders that has a logo with a big "A" on it, that looks like the AutoIt logo. So, 99.999% it's a false positive, as malwarebytes and nod32 are the two best antivirus programs out there (because both are updated relentlessly, and don't have all the bells and whistles of reminding you that they're there just to make you 'feel' safe, as so many AV do).

Alot of those home-oriented AV programs, especially the ones that nag you, like to include everything in their detection-updates to score better on AV comparison tests, but really 'detection rates' mean nothing, as you could class every file in the universe as a suspicious malware and get 100% detection rate and beat everyone else, and as far as I know the tests don't care about this.. It's kind of the same deal as milk cereal and processed food advertising in our domain, while it seems like the holy grail of the food world because of all the press, it's really not... Malwarebytes AM and NOD32 AV both run automatically, silently, and never bother you with more than one window even if something is detected. The absolute best protection, though, is to run programs that are suspicous through 'sandboxie', which kind of allows them to run in a quarantine environment, so they can't spread if they are a virus.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okidoke, thanks for the effort :)
Dove

Re: Wai Food Guide Pyramid

Post by Dove »

Hi Wai,
I hope this is the way to contact you with a question I need answered..if you will.
I purchased a package of cookies today to use as a snack food..only problem is...I can't figure out just how much I am allowed to eat at one sitting..here are the particulars;
3 cookies
total fat-8g
sat.fat-1.5g
trans.0g
sodium 40g
fiber-0
sugar-0
sorbitol-9g
protein-0

Hope you can help..I'm tempted to eat the entire package!! :roll:

ps Today is the 6th day on the Wai Diet for me.
Dove
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Wai Food Guide Pyramid

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum.
Could you tell us why you're following the diet? Is it for acne, health reasons, or for another reason?

Technically speaking the Wai Diet doesn't allow for any munch foods, unless you're transitioning. ;)
Quite a few people keep eating them though, for various reasons.