newbie (Diet Check)

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
waitalk
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

newbie (Diet Check)

Post by waitalk »

I have been on this diet for a little over 2 weeks. I have alot of white heads on my forehead T zone. I have had this condition many years prior to going on the diet. Since being on the diet I have maybe seen a small improvement but not sure because since I don't use the harsh soaps and masks seems like the whiteheads are smaller. All in all I am still sticking with the diet so hopefully someday I see everything cleared up. With that being said, could someone check my diet to see if I am missing anthing, need to add something or remove something?

38yrs/140lbs
The only beverage I drink is water throughout the day

Morning:
banana, apple, orange, sometime frozen organic blueblerries
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 egg yolk
3-4 brazil nuts in the shell

Mid morning:
bananna, apple, orange or maybe a pear

Lunch
Cucumber, tomato, 1/2 avocado, drizzled with cold pressed olive oil
1 egg yolk

Mid afternoon
apple, orange or maybe a pear

Evening:
Lunch
Cucumber, tomato, 1/2 avocado, drizzled with cold pressed olive oil
1 egg yolk
Oscar
Administrator

Re: newbie (Diet Check)

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)
What you eat seems fine to me. Did you check the nutrient calculator for the amount of calories you're getting?
You might want to split up those meals into smaller ones and spread them out more, so 10 meals/snacks instead of 5.
Combining egg yolks with avocado and/or brazil nuts may not be the best thing to do, because of the bacterial decomposition.
Also, 9-12 brazil nuts might be a bit much, as some acne sufferers have trouble with oxidized protein in old nuts.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Skip the Brazil nuts for a while.
waitalk

Post by waitalk »

When using the nutrient calculator is it best to select my age or look towards what my actual weight is? Seems when I use FDA 25-50yrs I come up short for protein with 24grams.

Also, after coming home from work I was a little sluggish and ate one egg yolk. Shortlly afterwards i felt even more tired. After about 30 minutes I ate my cucumber/tomato salad. Shortly after that I had to lay down because of feeling sluggish and my body felt kind of wierd. I then thought maybe I needed some sugar since I don't take any granular sugar. Did not have any sugar in the house just some organic dehydrated sugar cane juce. Took a tablespoon of that and later started to feel better. Did the egg have anything to do with this or was it just because I was tired from work and low on sugar? Is the organic dehydrated sugar cane juice okay to take?

Bummer I love the Brazil nuts but will stop eathing them for awhile as you suggested.

Forehead today is full of small bumps.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You probably hadn't eaten for a long time and/or your glycogen depots were empty. This means your body will need sugar energy pronto. Eating egg yolks will make you more calm and restful, which your body didn't need at that point. The idea is to eat often enough to keep the glycogen depots full and blood sugar up. Now you know that if you feel sluggish, eat sugar(y fruits). Of course it's better to prevent it from getting that far.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You really need to consume many small meals a day.
At least every half an hour.
Every time your energy level goes down a bit, you need to eat / drink something.