Bottled water/ low mineral water questions!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
janyka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Water?

Post by janyka »

can anybody tell how much water should be consumed throughout the day? or is it irrelevant?
Iris

Post by Iris »

I would say let your thirst tell you how much water you should consume. With this diet you already consume a lot of water (through fruits or juices) so there is no need to drink a lot of plain water too. Just make sure you eat enough fruits, and if you then feel thirsty (which won't happen a lot I think) drink some water (or... more fruitjuice of course)
janyka

Post by janyka »

Thank u for your reply Iris. I do get thirsty (but not as often as before I was on Wai), especially in the mornings and after walking. I drink approximately 0,5 litres of water per day.
Iris

Post by Iris »

That's quite a lot I think. How strict are you with your diet? I mean, do you eat munch foods?

I know you loose water when you're physically active, but after walking I never have the urge to drink water. Of course, you're a different person then I am (so your needs are different too), but are you sure you eat enough fruit and/or drink enough fruit juice? Also while walking?

Here is another thread on water. I thought it might interest you:
viewtopic.php?t=1854
janyka

Post by janyka »

I eat munch food rarely. But I` not a big fan of fruit juice (mainly drink it when I need to consume yolk), but never while walking, I quess I just prefer water during meals. Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out :D Thank You :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you don't drink any juice then you need more water than when you do drink juice. Like Iris said, just drink when you feel like it.
Bha

Bottled water/ low mineral water questions!

Post by Bha »

Hello,

I am new to this board and I plan on going on this diet as soon as I am done with my antibiotics, but I feel like just stopping my antibiotics at this moment because i know they have stopped working. Anyway I have some questions regarding the water i'm supposed to use to drink and wash my face with. Right now my regular washing routine is cetaphil gentle cleanser follow with benzoyl peroxide in the morning and tazorac cream at night. I am going to drop these topicals once i begin the diet, but I was wondering if i have to stope using the cetpahil gentle cleanser? It's already a very mild soap and I can't see myself not using it anymore because I produce a lot of oil on my face. As far as the different water i have to use to wash my face i find it ridiculous and expensive. Am I the only one? DO i need to open a bottle of low mineral water everytime i wash my face and dump it in a bowl or something then splash the water into my face as if i'm washing my face? I feel like I'll go through a case of 24 way too quickly if i were to use it to drink and wash my face twice a day.

Thank you
RRM
Administrator

Re: Bottled water/ low mineral water questions!

Post by RRM »

Bha wrote: I feel like just stopping my antibiotics at this moment because i know they have stopped working.
Then stop.
Right now my regular washing routine is cetaphil gentle cleanser follow with benzoyl peroxide in the morning and tazorac cream at night.
Thats quite a harsh regimen.
Way too harsh if you want to enable your skin to recover.
With this diet you are taking away the cause of acne, so that you need to leave your skin alone,
as such a regimen can sometimes CAUSE new acne.
have to stope using the cetpahil gentle cleanser?
Its not that gentle, so, yes.
I can't see myself not using it anymore because I produce a lot of oil on my face.
When you keep on using the soap, your skin will keep on producing much oil to counteract the
dehydrating effects of the soap.
Your skin producing much oil has a cause (or 2), which we need to eliminate.
Cause 1 is the water retention in your true skin causing dehydration of your outer skin,
which stimulates sebum and oil production, causing acne and (locally) oily skin.
Cause 2 are soaps etc, dehydrating the outer skin.
As far as the different water i have to use to wash my face i find it ridiculous and expensive.
If the water in your country / state is not very high in minerals,
you can use it for rinsing.
Just make sure to protect your skin against dehydration afterwards, by putting some oil on your skin.
Yes, your skin produces much oil, but the idea is that this will subside when it does not need to produce so much oil anymore.
(as it is not dehydrated so much anymore).
Bha

Post by Bha »

I live in the United States in California, near San Jose. If I do change to low mineral/ bottled water. How many cases of 24 packs of 16oz bottles should I buy for the whole duration of the sample diet, sufficient enough for washing my face and drinking as well? And I should wash my face once in the morning when I wake up and before I go to bed? When I shower should I try avoiding the tap water and not let it touch my face, I would find this difficult because i need to rinse off my shampoo and it runs onto my face. I've also been so used to using some type of face wash, never really washed my face with just water. Will there still be oil on my face and it'll be okay? I also use oil blotting sheets quite often during the day, maybe 2-3 times a day whenever I feel my face getting unbearably oily. Can I still use these or will it aggravate my acne? Sorry for all the little questions. I just really want to be nit picky, because I have cystic acne and am desperate to get rid of it. It really affects my life. Thank you so much for your time and advice RRM, really appreciate it, as well as everyone else here on this forum.

Thank you!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Bha wrote:How many cases of 24 packs of 16oz bottles should I buy for the whole duration of the sample diet, sufficient enough for washing my face and drinking as well?
Strictly speaking, you do not need to, depending on the quality of the tapwater.
Also, if you drink a lot of juice, you dont need to drink any water at all.
And I should wash my face once in the morning when I wake up and before I go to bed?
You dont have to, but maybe you want to.
Just dont wash it more often.
When I shower should I try avoiding the tap water and not let it touch my face, I would find this difficult because i need to rinse off my shampoo and it runs onto my face.
Its possible to wash your hair without making your face wet.
But dont worry about it, just make sure not to wash it often, and dont get shampoo or soap on your face.
never really washed my face with just water.
Will there still be oil on my face and it'll be okay?
Its just a habit. theres nothing scary about stopping this habit.
Its this habit of washing your face with some type of cleanser that robs your face from the protective layer each time,
which stimulates sebum and oil production.
Dehydration of the skin due to water retention in the true skin also stimulates sebum / oil production.
Thats what makes your skin oily.
When you stop the habit and are on this diet, there is nothing stimulating your sebum / oil production anymore,
so that it will subside rapidly (within weeks).
I also use oil blotting sheets quite often during the day, maybe 2-3 times a day
Thats okay, but you will not be needing these anymore, soon.
I have cystic acne and am desperate to get rid of it. It really affects my life.
I have been there. I know what you are talking about.
You dont have to get everything right right away.
Time is on your side, so that eventually you can make this work exactly as you want to.
All you need is determination.
Thank you so much for your time and advice
You are welcome. I know what it means to you.