Lettuce? soy sauce? water?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Lettuce? soy sauce? water?

Post by razza »

Hello,

I just started the sample diet today, but I have a few questions. For background, I am a 26 yr old female, and I've had acne for 15 years. I've been doing raw vegan on and off for the past year, raw really helps with my skin but the acne is persistant, so I am willing to try anything to clear it up finally.

1. Is it ok to have some lettuce with my cuc/tomato/avo salad? It feels weird not eating any greens during the day...

2. I tried sashimi and it is pretty gross, so I ate it with soy sauce and wasabi. I don't think I can stomach it plain. Am I better off just sticking to the eggs rather than eating the fish with the other stuff added?

3. I am always thirsty--I drink a lot of water, sometimes 3 liters a day. Is this a problem with the whole water pressure skin thing? I don't quite understand how that works....

Thank you! Razza
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm not the acne expert here, but I'll try to give you some answers.

ad 1. to my knowledge lettuce, though not on the diet, isn't a problem regarding acne.

ad 2. soy sauce and wasabi are a problem regarding acne. Make sure the fish is as fresh as possible, and if need be use some olive oil and/or lemon. I know it could take a bit of time to get used to the taste without soy sauce.

ad 3. drinking shouldn't be a problem. Your body needs lots of water on a cooked/spicy diet, and will regulate the water need the longer you will be on this diet. Since fruits contain lots of water, the need for 'extra' water will diminish anyway.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you want, you can perfectly just eat the yolks (added to juice for example) for now. Once you have been eating this way for a while, you will get to appreciate the taste of clean cut raw fish.
Soy and wasabi is really off limits.
That you want to drink a lot of water is natural, as your body feels that it contains too much water-retaining chemicals (proteins,salts) and they can only be deported with the use of.... water!
Once that problem has been solved (which eliminates the acne) you will feel less thirsty automatically.
razza

Post by razza »

OK, thank you for the replies =)
dcboyer02

Lettuce?!?!

Post by dcboyer02 »

I thought the salad meant we could have lettuce, was I mistaken?

I'm reading some people say you can't have lettuce.
I already stopped eating spinach but I'm still having iceburg lettuce and was planning on buying romaine lettuce.

I personally don't care that much when I'm at home what I eat but when I go out to eat, what in the world can I order if I can't even eat lettuce?
Most places are not going to have fruit or sachimi on the menu. This is impossible!

Please let me know,
Thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Lettuce?!?!

Post by Oscar »

Lettuce isn't on the diet (being a vegetable). There are some more choices when ordering in a restaurant, like carpaccio, an avocado/tomato/cucumber salad, steak tartare (in France), possibly the raw version of a fish dish, etc. If you want to order something with lettuce though, then by all means do so. Make sure they leave out the sauce, unless it's just olive oil+vinegar.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Lettuce? soy sauce? water?

Post by RRM »

Though lettuce doesnt cause acne, it doesnt make your digestion better, and a perfect digestion is optimal.
Also, lettuce doesnt contain substantial energy, which makes it a harder to maintain this diet,
as the number one mistake with this diet is consuming too little energy.
Consuming lettuce will contribute to that, so preferably no lettuce.

When you eat out, try to go to a japanese restaurant; that makes your life a lot easier.
But if you have to go to a normal restaurant, and there is nothing else acceptable on the menu, you can go for a salad (including lettuce) indeed.
Just order it without dressing, and ask for olive oil and vinegar on the side.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok RRM,

Thank you, thats exactly what I was hoping you'd say.

I don't feel the need to eat lettuce, I just know when going out for dinner, salad will often be my only option ( I don't have any japanese restaurants here ) and most places will not have fruit as an option for dinner, ;-)

I just wanted to make sure I don't have to worry about breaking out from occasionally eating lettuce when thats my only option.

By the way, would that be the same for spinach and "spring mixes"? Most salads you order out have spinach or cabbage mixes in them, not just iceburg and romaine lettuce. So is it the same for those, hard to digest but not acne causing?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Again, while on the sample diet, everything needs to be optimized,
and certainly so your digestion, which is key in controlling acne..
So, stuff like that is not on the sample diet, but when you have no choice, you have no choice...
Once your skin is clear you can experiment with anything.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

lettuce makes my poop hard and clean, no need to wipe. is it really causing any problems with digestion?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It doesnt cause problems.
Its just that this diet is about optimal eating, and lettuce is not optimal for us.