9 Days Then munchfoods and cramps

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
gumbogirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

9 Days Then munchfoods and cramps

Post by gumbogirl »

Hi Everyone. The first 8 days were un noteworthy. Except for feeling better. More energy. There were a few moments of what felt like anxiety...and a night or two of feeling my heart race as I tried to fall asleep. But all in all, positive aspects all around. Then on yesterday, day 9, the anxiety started mid-morning. I'd had juice with 2 egg yolks, oo, bananas with coconut oil, avocado, tomato, cuke with oo. I began to desire foods besides the diet, but did not relent. I ate 2 more bananas, sipped juice/oo all along. But the anxiety continued. I felt I needed something to calm me down. I boiled a little Rice and ate it with fresh tuna AND tbs of sesame oil and soy sauce. Yep...I fell off the wagon. I felt okay, but the anxiety was still hanging around. I had no potatoes so went to the store and bought some. I oven fried two med sized potatoes and gobbled them down with ketchup. I felt satisfied. I sipped the rest of my juice then went to bed. While working on my computer in bed I caught the worst cramp I've experienced. I literally rolled on to the floor, clutching my phone trying to call someone to help...I could not breathe the pain was so wrenching..I was doubled up on the floor,begging a neighbor to come help...I did not want to call 911 for fear of embarrassment...it could be gas was at the back of my mind. When my neighbor appeared, I asked her to put pressure on my stomach...she did...I raised my bent knees to my chest...with much effort, because the pain was very much still there...then slowly, calm came and I was able to sit up. Is it that I re-introduced Munch Foods much too quickly and much too much to my pristine 9 day old system? I'm talking about pain and wrenching like there must be a baby in my house somewhere...because it sure felt like I had one. Thank you.
RRM
Administrator

Re: 9 Days Then munchfoods and cramps

Post by RRM »

gumbogirl wrote:Is it that I re-introduced Munch Foods much too quickly and much too much to my pristine 9 day old system?
Yes, indeed.
For 9 days your intestines thought that they were in heaven,
and then they got that wake-up call.
No wonder they went nuts.
gumbogirl

Post by gumbogirl »

Thank you, RRM, I kind of thought so. My question then is how to not have that queasy, anxious feeling that brought on my desire to eat trashy food? Also odd is that I did not think of my intestines...I just thought it was my gut twisting and freaking out. I hate to think that I have to work hard so mentally to stay true to what I know is good for me..I mean after 9 days, I thought I was home free. Thank you again.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

gumbogirl wrote:how to not have that queasy, anxious feeling that brought on my desire to eat trashy food?
Thats your addiction talking.
Everybody who starts this diet, starts it as a junkie for bad foods.
In the beginning we all crave for these foods, and lots of variation.
With time its gets easier and easier.
.I mean after 9 days, I thought I was home free.
Ha ha, no you are in the early stages.
But really, it only gets easier.
gumbogirl

Post by gumbogirl »

thank you very much for the encouragement. i am going to go back to doing the hard core (soon, according to you, to be easy core) of juice, egg yolks, raw fish. i've gone far afield since the initial back slide. i still do the juice/oo in the morning...but it seems that as soon as noon day comes i'm wanting to eat all kinds of stuff that's not on the list! i watch and listen how my stomach gurgles and i belch after eating the junk. a food addict indeed! i want to get to my ideal weight/set point and so will slow down and listen and know that the answers are right in front of me...when i'm ready to see them.
i'm going back to investigate those feelings of anxiety and to see how i misinterpreted them. it was a real crying out from my body for something and i thought it could only be relieved by something i considered soothing. can you please tell me what to do when it happens again? i felt sick. do i go to bed? try to bury the feeling (i know that can't be right?) it's a physical feeling...what then to do to rid myself of it? thank you, rrm
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I am not the best to give advice. But since I am also a beginner let me try. :)
How about trying to sip/drink some more orange juice at the time when the munchies set in, perhaps with some added sugar just to see if the munchies has to do with some dip or not? How about taking a nice really sweet fruit and slice and dice and eat w a bit olive oil? (sweet fruit: I am thinking mango, pineapple, or some dates) those fruit have something very satisfying and voluptous about them and might help.).
Or how about bringing a banana, or some more juice and go outside for a walk? Just change the vibe. I seem to notice that sometimes munchies are intensified by boredom or monotony as is anxiety. Dunno if this goes for you though.
But I mean, once you have that obsessive feeling it is - ahem - hard to resist. I know that. Have you read the suggestions about this in the free acne book, and about munch food? I know you are supposed to stay off totally while on the acne sample diet, but those days when you just can't resist.. There are actually quite a lot of good tips about how to think about it.. In my opinion. Helps me. :D
Most importantly I leaned from there: don't beat yourself up after you've had the munch food. Just try to go back to the strict version. I often feel more encouraged.
Good luck.:D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good advice abicahsoul. At the moments of strongest craving eat something you like most, like egg yolks, fish or avocado salad.
gumbogirl

Post by gumbogirl »

thank you, abicahsoul (cool name btw) and oscar (well, yours too! :)) thank you both. i did try to sip more...i did try. it just wasn't doing the job of making the quesies go away. i'd not too long before eaten my tuna/yolk and so could not do avocado or fruit. i think i may have confused things for you a bit. the quesy feeling is what sent me to the munchies. the need or desire for munchies did not come first. the anxiety lead the show.

i fed the anxiety (which i now know from rmm, to be addiction). i guess it's a small distinction, but it feels important for me to know the difference. it felt as though if i did not get rid of that feeling, that sick feeling, i'd really get sicker...strange, huh? i thought i was alleviating having an anxiety attack...i've had one in my entire life (57 yrs old)...but never want to have one again. i do feel compassion for addicts of whatever source; staring that monster down is not to be taken lightly.

i truly appreciate the time you've taken to give me advice. i will try to add some sugar, abi, in the hopes that that will help. i've tried to stay away from too much sugar given all the sugar in the fruit...and given my predilection for sweets, i've not wanted to trade one addiction for another :)

i'm starting again tomorrow (tonight is a big birthday dinner for a friend..and well, you know...i'll coat insides with oo and stick mainly to salad (i know..i know...but back on the good foot tomorrow.)

oh, please let me know if there is really a difference if the anxiety precedes the desire or am i just fooling myself...because the anxiety surely felt akin to physical dis-ease...like in feeling sick (without pain) with lots of discomfort. sorry, now i sound like the world's biggest cry baby! :O good day or good night, all.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Luckily sugar itself isn't addictive. In any case, we've all been there, or are still there dealing with the addiction. I know it's a small consolation, but I do know it's possible to get though it. You can do it. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe this time you can wait eating egg yolks until you feel the anxiety coming up.
Once you feel the anxiety coming, you take 2 egg yolks, or more.