Cant eat/drink every 30 min. :(

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
monart
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Cant eat/drink every 30 min. :(

Post by monart »

Hello,
I have been reading up on the Wai diet and watching the boards for a couple of weeks now, and am finally willing to try it. I have one problem perplexing me the most. I am blessed to work full time where eating or drinking OJ every 30 min. is not possible. I usally get a 15 break every 5 hours but it is not at a set time. Mostly when I or my manger can get someone to replace me. This being the case how should I be eating?

I was going through some of the older posts and I saw that it was recommended somewhere to eat the Avocado, tomato, cucummber, salad for every meal if you can only eat 3 meals of less. Is this still a good practice? Then when do I eat/drink my fruit?

How bad would it be on digestion to do the every 30 min on my days off, one to two days a week?

Thanks in advance for the help!
dandate2

Re: Cant eat/drink every 30 min. :(

Post by dandate2 »

i work 16 hours a day 7 days a week and dont eat much at all. couple fruits for lunch, like 4-5 glasses of oj through the day, and a large 300-350 gram piece of sashimi for dinner/or 10 yolks. i put copious amounts of olive oil on everything, midas well be drinking it straight
panacea

Post by panacea »

you work 16 hours a day 7 days a week? that's a little hard to believe, unless you are like working a job that isn't demanding most of the time, like those people who are self employed and work their own business technically all day, but usually have no business for some hours. I mean, working 16 hours a day 7 days a week, plus the hours it takes to get ready in the morning, take care of any personal business that stacks up like getting groceries, supplies, something breaks around the house and you have to fix it, etc, you're talking 0 free time, especially for posting and reading internet forums. So I'd say you're either going to die soon from lack of sleep and overstressed or there's something I'm missing.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What kind of job is it?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

monart wrote: I am blessed to work full time where eating or drinking OJ every 30 min. is not possible.
At my work, we also have only one time 15 minutes break per 8 hour shift,
but i dont need a break to take a sip from my juice..
All it takes is 3 seconds.
What kind of work do you do?
Do you have a desk?
I saw that it was recommended somewhere to eat the Avocado, tomato, cucummber, salad for every meal if you can only eat 3 meals of less.
Yes, because if you can eat only few meals, you cannot rely on simple sugars.
You will have to consume more fats and fiber, so that the sugars are absorbed only gradually.
Then when do I eat/drink my fruit?
In the hours prior to work and after work you can sip OJ every 15 minutes, or eat a piece of fruit.
Right before you go to work, you can eat one big salad,
and also during your break.
How bad would it be on digestion to do the every 30 min on my days off, one to two days a week?
Not at all.
monart

Post by monart »

Thanks for the help!

I work in retail, unloading/loading merchandise and preparing it for the stores, that kind of stuff. So no desk for me! The only time I get close to working 16 hours is during the Christmas season, even then I still have days off.

Sadly the break room has been abused in the past so the mangers are always checking it, making sure everyone is really on their break. Some mangers are a little stricter about it then others and are more apt to write you up. I am still going to give going back there to sip some OJ a try. I mean how different is it from going to get a drink from the fountain?

I've found a co-op to order most of my food. This time I ordered more fruit then avocados, ect. Guess I'll just have to switch it around next week!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You can carry a small bottle in your pocket, no?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You don't really need a break, just a couple of seconds to take a sip/gulp every 15-20mins or so.