on diet help!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
DiF
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: on diet help!

Post by DiF »

I stopped eating walnuts
The hoeny is raw and organic
I am worried about protein intake...I eat 20-30 gr of fish but no more. What I should do?
and tomato contains protein thats why i dont want to totally eliminate it from my diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

All fruits contain a little bit of protein, so don't worry too much. Nevertheless you could eat some more:
From the Acne Sample Diet:
For short men: maximally 60 gram (2.1oz) raw fish OR 3 egg yolks a day.
For tall men: maximally 100 gram (3.5oz) raw fish OR 5 egg yolks a day.
You can also have a combination of fish and eggs.
overkees

Post by overkees »

DiF, regarding acne, have you experienced changes? Like a faster clearing up, but maybe there are still getting new pimples.

Did you see changes in size, color or quantity?

Btw, Kiwi fruit or chinese gooseberries are an excellent source of protein. They have a very very good protein quality. I wouldn't feel too bad about consuming little protein if the proteins you are consuming are of good quality. This site gives really good insight in protein quality:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fru ... ces/1934/2 gooseberry/kiwi
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fru ... ces/1966/2 oranges

Note that animal proteins like fish or egg yolk give scores close to 150, which is the best score you can get.
DiF

Post by DiF »

In the last 3-4 years that i developped acne, I have never had lots of pimples...but mainly cysts!
Now, they are clearing up faster, but i get lots of pimples, around mouth, half on lips and skin, on cheek and forhead.
the cysts are mainly on the neck and near ears...

i am doing some exercise at home around 45 minutes. Can i eat some fruit, like a slice every 5 - 10 minutes? or what? Usually, I cant make an orange juice
About weight loss? I thought i was balanced but I am not sure
DiF

Post by DiF »

i eat the raw fish in the salad..Is it fine?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, you can eat fruit during the exercising.
You can eat the fish in the salad, if it doesn't give you gas.
DiF

Post by DiF »

I got 2 more cysts...

Should I accept that this diet isnt for me and return to medicines?
overkees

Post by overkees »

Like RRM said, wait 2 weeks if you delete an item. I would try tomatos too to be completely sure that it isn't an allergic reaction.
DiF

Post by DiF »

about acne, nothing seems to change...still getting cysts and pimples
also, I am worried about iron intake and calcium...what can i do to unsure that I am taking the minimum oh them per day? Because I think what I am eating do not offer me enough
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DIF, maybe you can have your androgenic hormone levels (testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, androstenedione) and progesterone levels checked?
Normally, the diet is very efficient, but when the level of one of these hormones is too high,
its effects (stimulating sebum production and water retention) may be too strong.
DiF wrote:what can i do to unsure that I am taking the minimum oh them per day? Because I think what I am eating do not offer me enough
If you think you need more iron; egg yolks are the best source.
Calcium intake is sufficient.
Young children need more calcium than anybody else (to grow strong bones rapidly),
and yet, children grow strong bones on any diet in the world,
even in China, where calcium intake is often lower than yours.
dime

Post by dime »

RRM wrote: If you think you need more iron; egg yolks are the best source.
Actually egg yolks have a protein phosvitin (10% of the proteins in egg yolk), which is something like the equivalent of phytic acid in plants.
It reduces availability of iron, magnesium and calcium, but I'm not sure how significantly.

Here's a recent study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17995699
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It seems that what is important, is not so much the level of iron / its bioavailability in specific food,
but the interaction of all enhancers and inhibitors in your digestive tract.
Vitamin C (and meat) are enhancers.
Bran, polyphenols, egg yolk protein, soy, calcium and phytic acid are inhibitors. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10466161

The extremely high level of vitamin C in the Wai diet, and the low intake of inhibitors,
may profoundly facilitate a high uptake of high iron levels (as from egg yolks).
Whats also essential, is that normally, gastric fluid strongly diminishes the binding capacity of proteins such as phosvitin (=vitellin).
Thus, it depends on how well your food is digested whether the iron will be released eventually.
With raw food that is readily digested, your chances are much better.
It reduces availability of iron, magnesium and calcium, but I'm not sure how significantly.
The Iron Disorders Institute states that one boiled egg can reduce iron absorption in a meal by up to 28 percent.
We dont know whether the same is true for raw egg yolk (better digestion, inactivation of binding capacity).
Egg yolk contains over 3 times as much iron than beef.

iron in mg / 100 g. food.
7.2 egg yolk
5.8 oyster
5.1 ox heart
4.9 anchovy
2.7 krill
2.7 abalone
2.4 sardine
2.3 beef, shoulder / fillet
2.2 beef, muscles only / rump
2.0 crayfish
1.8 scallop
1.8 chicken leg
1.8 brownshrimp
1.5 turkey, young animal
1.5 mullet
1.1 herring
1.0 mackerel
1.0 tuna
1.0 salmon
DiF

Post by DiF »

I have some more questions:
Isn't bad to eat everyday almost the same things? I mean i eat everyday 4-5 salads (cucumber, tomato, avocado, Ol.oil, lemon) and fish (Mackerel or salmon)...
I am saying this because my body really does not want the salad anymore and I often push my self to eat it.
So, I am wondering if can replace olive oil with coconut oil, not 100%.

Also, can i add honey in the salad? Is cucumber, tomato and avocado so important? Maybe I can eat only fruits and fish (and sometimes egg- when i was like 10 years old, they told me that i am allergic to it, but i never realize anything strange even though i continued eating it)

What combinations can i do with fish and egg yolk(i rarely eat it)? with fruits, lemon, honey?

Do you think that asthma may be connected to cystic acne?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I just read the complete thread.
Really hope you will find a (natural) solution for your acne DiF :)
I cured my acne using medication, but the bad side effects were horrible, and I wouldn't have done it again if I knew a natural solutions like wai existed.

About your struggle width this diet.
If you've really been following 100% strict sample diet, for all that time, and you don't see improvements, I would say it's not working for you.
If you haven't followed 100%, I would say, give a good try !

But let's assume you really have been following for 100%.
Could there still be a trigger in the diet which causes your water retention?
I haven't seen RRM write about this, but personally I can testify that allergy can cause water retention.
I think it is common that allergy or hypersensitivity for food causes water retention, isn't it ?

So if you truly are allergic to some foods in Wai, I would surely recommend to try Wai diet without them.
The most common allergies regarding Wai food are tomatoes, eggs, orange I think.
It might be a good idea to look if you notice your water retention when avoiding food, or including food.
But sometimes allergic reactions can be delayed, so I'm not sure if this will work.

You told us that you suspect some wai food to react on. I think you should listen more to your intuition.
If you feel like reacting negatively (water retention/emotionally etc.) on a certain food in the Wai diet, don't eat it.
If you don't like the taste, don't eat it.
If your body craves for a certain Wai food, go for it !

But of course, follow all the Wai rules, eat small meals, add oil, check your nutrients.
Especially if you don't eat egg yolks you might be at risk for deficiencies!
I would go for coconut oil instead of olive oil (better for omega-3/omega-6 ratio, and better taste).

Recently I read a bit about another test which checks for allergies/hypersensitivities for food. It goes like this:
Take a drop of the food in question (if the food is solid, mash and mix with a bit of water) and place it on the inside of the wrist.
Do it at bedtime. Let the drop dry on the skin, after that go to sleep. In the morning check the spot: if there is an angry red reaction, you're react negatively on this food.
Do you think that asthma may be connected to cystic acne?
Asthma is related to bad body oxygenation and bad blood circulation.
When digesting proteins, you want your body to have as good blood circulation as possible to help you width digesting.
Because if your body don't digest your proteins well, it can cause water retention.

The quick way to improve blood circulation which could help you digesting your proteins:
1. try to completely relax all your muscles
2. have a relaxed good posture (straight spine)
3. don't do things that raises your heartbeat (like physical exercise or emotional stress)
4. try to have a relaxed nasal breathing.
Don't force yourself to breath very deep or unnatural. Try to breath like when you are completely relaxed without worries.
Notice that when you are relaxed your breath is slower and more relaxed than when you are stressed.

The long way to permanently get better blood circulation is in my opinion following the buteyko method.
Some people on this forum are following this, but as it is a little bit controversial, and I don't think you need it regarding acne, so I won't spam this thread with it ;) (you can pm me if you want).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: I haven't seen RRM write about this, but personally I can testify that allergy can cause water retention.
I think it is common that allergy or hypersensitivity for food causes water retention, isn't it ?
Correct.
I have not written about it in this thread indeed.