Critique my diet after two weeks

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
JJ23
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Critique my diet after two weeks

Post by JJ23 »

This is my second time around and like last time it's again successful. I've had severe acne (all over) for over 20 years and I'm amazed that this diet is all it took to cure it.

It worked the first time around but my diet plan was far too restrictive: no munch foods, not enough fat to control the cravings, and a lack of variety. After a month the cravings took over and slowly I reverted back to my previous diet.

After two weeks, here's my current plan:

OJ - Freshly squeezed orange juice - 3 glasses/day (8-9 oranges)
Olive Oil (Cold pressed) - Added into my OJ, added on fruits/veggies whenever possible.
Tomatoes - Half to one/day
Cucumber - Hlaf to one/day
Eggs - 6/day - 3 in the morning, 3 at afternoon/night
Shelled Walnuts - 4-10/day (depending on hunger)
Dates (Dried) - 5-10/day (depending on hunger)
Figs (Dried) - 2-3/day (depending on hunger)
Raisins (Dried) - Handful (depending on hunger)
Bananas - 1-2/day
Avocado - 1/day
Sweet Potato with Low Fat Sour Cream - 1/day
No fish - No easy finding fresh fish in my area so I'm doing without it.
No salad - Never liked it.

Hunger is fine, acne is quickly disappearing (only red marks left). I do have one issue with soft/loose stool and have no idea on how to correct this.

Any recommendations on which food I'm missing or eating too much of would be helpful.

Thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Critique my diet after two weeks

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum :)

Adding munch foods to your diet has advantages and disadvantages. It might satisfy cravings, but it also makes it harder not to eat more munch foods, and tends to make you think all day about munch foods in general. Furthermore it influences acne and possibly bowel movements. That's why the Acne Sample Diet doesn't contain any munch foods. The way to deal with cravings is to make sure you always have enough energy and whenever the need is highest, eat the foods you like best (egg yolks?). After getting through the cravings in the beginning period, you'll be fine.

You could try eating packaged 'fresh' fish (supermarket) or even frozen fish, but maybe you want to wait until your acne is completely gone.

The stool issue can have different causes. Maybe you're not yet used to eating 6 yolks per day, nuts and dried fruits (they contain (relatively) lots of fiber), and munch foods. The latter two can also aggravate acne.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, if you consume whole fruits, your body may get 'tired' of eating so much fiber.
This may translate in cravings for munch foods, whereas in fact, your body may just prefer some 'easy energy'.
So, a slow juicer really helps in that regard; banana-mango and banana-melon juice, for example,
make you feel very energetic and satisfied. (like a real treat, as with munch foods)

Good to hear from you, btw. :)
JJ23

Post by JJ23 »

Oscar wrote:Welcome on the forum :)

Adding munch foods to your diet has advantages and disadvantages. It might satisfy cravings, but it also makes it harder not to eat more munch foods, and tends to make you think all day about munch foods in general. Furthermore it influences acne and possibly bowel movements. That's why the Acne Sample Diet doesn't contain any munch foods. The way to deal with cravings is to make sure you always have enough energy and whenever the need is highest, eat the foods you like best (egg yolks?). After getting through the cravings in the beginning period, you'll be fine.

You could try eating packaged 'fresh' fish (supermarket) or even frozen fish, but maybe you want to wait until your acne is completely gone.

The stool issue can have different causes. Maybe you're not yet used to eating 6 yolks per day, nuts and dried fruits (they contain (relatively) lots of fiber), and munch foods. The latter two can also aggravate acne.
For munch foods I've been eating a sweet potato with sour cream. I'm still on the fence whether I can consider it a munch food or not.

I'll give it another week to see if my recent increase in OJ is the cause. As you've mentioned, my stomach may not be used to these changes.
RRM wrote:Also, if you consume whole fruits, your body may get 'tired' of eating so much fiber.
This may translate in cravings for munch foods, whereas in fact, your body may just prefer some 'easy energy'.
So, a slow juicer really helps in that regard; banana-mango and banana-melon juice, for example,
make you feel very energetic and satisfied. (like a real treat, as with munch foods)

Good to hear from you, btw. :)
Agreed.

Just picked up a juice presser because the first time around I used a blender. Paid way too much for it (damn shipping costs) but it's been worth it.

Jupiter Juice Press

Now I began a 50/50 (half juiced, half eaten) fruit plan and eventually I'll juice everything and add olive oil.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

JJ23 wrote: Now I began a 50/50 (half juiced, half eaten) fruit plan and eventually I'll juice everything and add olive oil.
In that case you may want to buy a slow juicer, for juicing bananas and mangoes etc as well.