Newbie seeking your Help!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Newbie seeking your Help!

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:I'm just glad I don't have a candida infection!
We actually don't know that.
Maybe you do, and maybe I do so too. Or maybe not.
We may only know upon manifestation of clinical symptoms and proper investigations.
Just keep listening to your body. If something is off, you will usually notice.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi, RRM, hope all is well. I'm still here. Although, I haven't been juicing, I've been 100% Wai, with only 2 munch food occasions (both of which were after 8 mile hikes). Excessive fiber had been an issue with my colon for a time but having recently increased my fat intake has helped.
On a side note- bizarre as it may sound, one morning I woke up with, what looked to be like, a mold and a rather large one at that which spread across one side of my back. Within, two days, however, it vanished. Any ideas as to what that was all about? The real reason, though, for this post is, I'm seeking your words of encouragement (even though I reread WAII's old posts every day) as my cellulite is still here .....I know you've said it takes a year. Do you know anyone whom it took that long? I suspect you did and that's why and how you dubbed it so, yes?
Thank you, RRM :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, all is well!
Karen wrote:On a side note- bizarre as it may sound, one morning I woke up with, what looked to be like, a mold and a rather large one at that which spread across one side of my back. Within, two days, however, it vanished. Any ideas as to what that was all about?
Its quite common.
Usually its a benign tumor, but it might also have been a melanoma (malign).
Cancer cells originate inside our body a lot, and if your defence is very accurate,
it will clean them up, as in your case.
So, its a good sign: that your defence system is accurately responding to such a possible threat.
I'm seeking your words of encouragement as my cellulite is still here .....I know you've said it takes a year.
Yes, up to a year.
That's because the skin had adapted to the fat cells being protruded into the outer skin,
to such an extend that the outer skin has got the same bubbly structure,
even when the fat cells are no longer protruded into the outer skin.
So that you need to shed layer after layer before your skin will be smooth again.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you.
...talk to you, later, RRM:)
Karen

Post by Karen »

Question: Wai advocates that there's no way one can gain eating 100% Wai because the body, devoid of cooked, addictive substances....will not overeat. I'm 100%, but I'm not there yet with energy management, so some days I find myself having a larger dinner meal than I know I'm suppose to have as I know I'd be better off breaking it up into two smaller meals. Even though, I've read Wai's thoughts on the subject, I'm still concerned. Are you, still, sure if I continue with this style of eating pattern that I won't gain?
Thank RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:Are you, still, sure if I continue with this style of eating pattern that I won't gain?
Its a bit tricky. Doing Wai 100% includes being very much in tune with your energy needs.
And if you are, then there is no way you are going to gain (unwanted) weight.
But there is no easy way of doing the Wai diet 100%.
Its about learning to fine tune your energy intake, by listening to your body carefully.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Fine tuning ones energy needs by carefully listening to ones body is, as you said, a bit tricky.
If I feel dizzy sometime standing does it mean I haven't taken in enough fuel? I'm walking/ hiking for the joy and trying to fine tune my legs. They're looking tighter..thank you.. but I notice in certain light they look dimpiley. Is that fat,RRM cellulite? I see, younger woman who have a lot more fat on them than I do at this point and they don't have that condition.? Is it....not because....of my age, as a matter of speaking but because of my years of connective tissue abuse?
Karen

Post by Karen »

Here in Costa Rica ceviche is a big deal. In your past threads you've stated that it was okay to eat it, but then again, I have also read that both lemon and limes were not acceptable fruits on this diet as they were to acid . I find this confusing because ceviche- raw fish that marinates in both lemons and limes- wouldn't be civiche without them!
Can I eat ceviche, RRM? Thank you for your time, RRM!:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:If I feel dizzy sometime standing does it mean I haven't taken in enough fuel?
Yes, that a lack of glucose in the brain.
I notice in certain light they look dimpiley. Is that fat,RRM cellulite?
Its the result of the former extrusion of your fat cells into your outer skin layer.
When you get skinnier, that doesn't change what has happened before.
Still, your skin needs to shed many layers before it will be smooth again.
I see, younger woman who have a lot more fat on them than I do at this point and they don't have that condition.?
Its not about the amount of fat.
One may be skinny with cellulite, or very big without cellulite.
What matters, is whether there is water retention, or not.
Is it....not because....of my age, as a matter of speaking but because of my years of connective tissue abuse?
No, its not about age.
Its just that the older you are, the longer it takes for your skin to recover,
as cell renewal is slower.
Yes, its about the years of extrusion of fat cells into your outer skin, due to water retention.
Once the water retention is gone, the extrusion stops, but the imprint is still there, until shed away.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:Here in Costa Rica ceviche is a big deal. In your past threads you've stated that it was okay to eat it, but then again, I have also read that both lemon and limes were not acceptable fruits on this diet as they were to acid . I find this confusing because ceviche- raw fish that marinates in both lemons and limes- wouldn't be civiche without them!
Can I eat ceviche, RRM? Thank you for your time, RRM!:)
Yes, you can eat ceviche.
In this context, lemon / lime is not considered a food.
Its merely for denaturating the fish.
You don't eat lemons/lime. You eat the fish, with a few drops of lemon/lime juice in the flesh.
That's not substantial.
Its not that acid is not acceptable, its the entire fruit (lemon/lime) is not acceptable,
due to the anti-nutrients.
Vinegar, for example, is also acid, and acceptable. (except for drinking it, of course!)
Karen

Post by Karen »

RRM..I'm concerned that the fat,dimply stuff around my thighs is due to the in take of too much OO and/or avocados as when I was on a no fat diet ..although my hair was falling out...I didn't have this stuff around the inside of my thighs and knee! There are others variables too consider, however, as I'm walking a lot, so maybe I'm breaking down muscles which I was using before?

Ceviche- how come it's okay to denature protein by acid but not by fire?:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, RRM!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:RRM..I'm concerned that the fat,dimply stuff around my thighs is due to the in take of too much OO and/or avocados as when I was on a no fat diet ..although my hair was falling out...I didn't have this stuff around the inside of my thighs and knee!
Did you gain fat?
You can measure your fat percentage.
Very thin people may have cellulite too.
Fat by itself does not cause cellulite.
Only if the fat is extruded into the outer skin due to water retention, you will see the cellulite,
regardless of how high your fat percentage is.
I'm walking a lot, so maybe I'm breaking down muscles which I was using before?
What muscles did you use before, and are you no longer using?
Ceviche- how come it's okay to denature protein by acid but not by fire?:)
Because there is an essential difference.
With cooking, its not just about denaturation, but also about the Maillard reaction, lipidoxidation etc.
Karen

Post by Karen »

RRM hi!..what muscles did I use before and are no longer using? Thank you for asking.:) I was at the gym lifting heavy weights for 5years...4days a week... every week, up until one year ago. I wanted a well toned leaned body and what I got instead was a BIG body. Perhaps,if I had done what my mentor wanted me to do and follow through with the last "starvation" diet phase I probably would have accomplished my desire, but instead I escaped and landed in a bikram yoga studio.
Although my muscles seems to elongate, there, I was still on a self imposed "starvation"diet which led to Wai. Presently, since January, I've neither hit the gym or a yoga studio as I'm walking( 2 hours a day and 100% Wai)
Previously I looked full and I didn't see dimpling in my thighs like I do now. I am, however, reducing the thickness of my thighs and I'm thinking it's because I'm losing muscle at a faster rate than I am losing fat? So, should I go back to the gym- lunges, squats,machines- or stay with my walking and give my body time as the walking will get me to where I want to go...long and lean!
Thank you so very much, RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:...what I got instead was a BIG body.
...since January, I've neither hit the gym ...
Previously I looked full and I didn't see dimpling in my thighs like I do now. I am, however, reducing the thickness of my thighs and I'm thinking it's because I'm losing muscle at a faster rate than I am losing fat?
Its because you lose volume at a fast rate.
Its the same as when people lose fat rapidly; losing volume;
they end up with lots of loose skin.
Your version is a mild version.
Just wait and see; your skin will adapt to the thinner you.
Just give it some time.
So, should I go back to the gym- lunges, squats,machines-
If you want to be BIG, yes.
If not, no.
or stay with my walking and give my body time as the walking will get me to where I want to go...long and lean!
Ah, there you go! :)
Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm kinda confused about the role exercise plays in loose skin; meaning, if by chance I opted not to walk for 2 hours a day, would that mean my body would have less of fighting chance to absorb( for lack of a better word) my loose skin?

Thank you, RRM,
Karen