Newbie seeking your Help!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Karen
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Newbie seeking your Help!

Post by Karen »

RRM
Re: nutritional calculator-
Two questions- 1stly, when reading my printout for my days take:) does the second column provide me with what the WHO set for an amount for given nutrition?
2ndly,, 3 egg yolks and the following was my reading, a mistake? Thank you!
Vitamin B8, Biotin.........................0.00mcg ............?mcg no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There was no info about Biotin contents in the USDA database [1], thus no amount can be calculated (that's also what "no data" means). That's the 0.00mcg (microgram). If you want the B8 content, use Souci [2]. 3 Egg yolks contain 26.39mcg Biotin.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you Oscar. I'm really not sure how many egg yolks I should be having on on and off days of exercising. Days I do lots of body weight, lower body, exercises, how many eggs should I be having? I've read some post where people are having 12, but original Wai states , 2-4. Also, the days that I hike for 3 hours should I consume the same amount as if it were an exercise day, (sure feels like I should)? Finally, the day I have completely off, how many egg yolks is sufficient?
In closing I've been eating Cevische on eggless days but I think I went back to my old ways,where more is better, and I've been having 16 ounces of a Ceviche in 2 sittings in a day. I don't know, though, if my body likes it as I'm seeing more fat on my buttocks! ? However, I'm not sure if Cerviche is the variable. Thank you!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:Days I do lots of body weight, lower body, exercises, how many eggs should I be having?
As many as you feel like, really. 4 is fine, 10 is fine.
the days that I hike for 3 hours should I consume the same amount as if it were an exercise day
You don't have to, but its ok.
the day I have completely off, how many egg yolks is sufficient?
On resting days, your body does as much recovery and reconstruction as on exercise days.
So, you may take as many egg yolks.
I've been having 16 ounces of a Ceviche in 2 sittings in a day. I don't know, though, if my body likes it as I'm seeing more fat on my buttocks! ? However, I'm not sure if Cerviche is the variable. Thank you!
Its never one food item that is the culprit.
Its always your overall energy intake, regardless of what the source is.
If you are gaining fat, your energy intake is a bit too big.
Karen

Post by Karen »

It seems it always reduces down to calories in verses calories out, even voodoo doesn't work. RRM squats, dead lifts 3x per week? Does that routine allow enough time for muscle repair, growth? Also, which is more effective for building muscles? 50 reps 2times or till failure or 10x10 -10 reps stop, rest 10 xs. Please see post.thank you! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1939&start=45
Karen

Post by Karen »

RRM..I know this is a whole different diet/ mind set, but what do you think about food combining? One of their following paramount rules is never to mix fat with fruit as the fat slows down the digestion of fruit which gives way to fermentation in the stomach. I think there's merit to their belief and I'm hoping you can dispell it.:) thank you!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:RRM squats, dead lifts 3x per week? Does that routine allow enough time for muscle repair, growth?
3 times is too much. Once or twice is better.
Also, which is more effective for building muscles? 50 reps 2times or till failure or 10x10 -10 reps stop, rest 10 xs.
Both are ok.
Its best to do one routine for one month, and then skip to the other one.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:what do you think about food combining? One of their following paramount rules is never to mix fat with fruit as the fat slows down the digestion of fruit which gives way to fermentation in the stomach.
For most people this will be no problem at all.
Adding some oil to OJ works great for most people.
But we are all different, and if you have digestion issues, you need to find what works for you.
It all comes down to individual differences; you need to find what works for you.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you RRM . I know those two little words get watered down a lot but I really do feel gratitude and appreciation for all that you've given me. Through your guidance , support and patience I have learned a lot. Many blessings, Karen
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thats sweet. Thank you.
Karen

Post by Karen »

RRM..you're welcome. RRM I know that after you workout- rip your muscle fibers -you want the proper nutrients to be in the blood stream ASAP for muscle dev. Also,I know that your body does most of it's repair at night /sleep. I know, therefore, it's best to workout at night.
If, however, I worked out at 4:00pm should I eat all my egg yolks at 6 :00 pm or should I split them up having my last yolk at 9:00 pm.? Still, and maybe better yet, shouldn't I be having yolks when I awake, and every two hours there after insuring muscle development?
Finally, do you have a 100grams of yolks per day? That can't be right- 3 grams per one yolk? So, how many yolks, please do you have in a day? The days, I'm talking about, that you are not eating fish and when and how many do you have at each meal?
:)
Karen

Post by Karen »

Also..if Im not getting enough fish on a weekly basis into my diet is just eating a few different fruits, plus yolks....while negating OO.....keep me within the right omega 3 & 6 framework?

Please see my last post too! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:If, however, I worked out at 4:00pm should I eat all my egg yolks at 6 :00 pm or should I split them up having my last yolk at 9:00 pm.?
You can have them all at 4:00 pm, right after exercise, or split them up, indeed.
Still, and maybe better yet, shouldn't I be having yolks when I awake, and every two hours there after insuring muscle development?
The Wai diet is a low-protein diet, because it contains so much fruit.
So, you need to eat protein at the right time, which is after exercise and before you go to bed.
That way there is enough protein in your blood when the body starts repairing and building muscle.
do you have a 100grams of yolks per day?
No, normally i just have 1 or 2 egg yolks a day.
Coincidentally, yesterday i ate 8 yolks (130 gram), but i normally dont.
That can't be right- 3 grams per one yolk?
No, thats not right.
1 egg yolk weighs 16.6 gram on average.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:Also..if Im not getting enough fish on a weekly basis into my diet is just eating a few different fruits, plus yolks....while negating OO.....keep me within the right omega 3 & 6 framework?
Sure. If you eat just a little fish weekly, plus yolks,
you dont need to worry about getting all the omega 3 and about the omega 3 : 6 ratio.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Yup, you're right; I'm wrong. Yolks are 16 grams. You normally only have 2 yolks a day but you're having fish those days as well, right? Also, do you just have your protein at night? I quess I'm asking you to share your diet with me, please. I'd really appreciate it RRM .

Update-I've been on the Wai diet for 5 months now...Whoo Hooh! Congratulations to me!
100% for the last 3 or 4 months but even when I wasn't technically 100% Wai it was because of one French fry meal that I had, so ...
Coming into the diet,I had health issue too- my teeth and hip and high blood pressure- which I've seen major improvements on all 3 fronts. My pressure is perfect and my hip is on the mend and getting better every day and my teeth are too.
I'd like, however, to be a little more proactive with a receding gum area and aremineralization of two teeth.
I know Weston Price advocates fat soluable foods, like Wai; but too his foundation believes in Cod liver Oil.( as you know, I' m sure) I don't want to go Wai Warrior (I need to learn more about my body and energy requirements) . What do you think, however, about that oil and Weston Price? Is there, by chance, another path you can point me too?
You're helping to build a stronger Karen RRM . I have three children and I'm a teacher in Costa Rica, so you are affecting many lives by helping me. I share my knowledge as you do :) Thank you.