Beginner here, doubts, and getting jaw surgery

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Sanpaku
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Beginner here, doubts, and getting jaw surgery

Post by Sanpaku »

Hi everybody *waves*
I'm new to the Wai diet, and am starting it today. My motivations are to clear up my moderate acne and get rid of my cellulite. I tried the diet for two days and saw a noticeable reduction in inflammation and I think cellulite, but it might have been the lighting. Anyway, I'm having jaw surgery in a week and will be on a liquid diet for about a month. Can I live on fruit smoothies and is that healthy for recovery? I need my bones to heal properly and raw animal products are out of the question (I don't want to sip raw fish or egg through a straw).

Sorry if I sound demanding. I just don't know what to do. I'm really excited to give this diet the full run but I'm wondering if it's possible during recovery. I have a bit of weight to lose, so I don't know how I feel about juicing, as it condenses the calories. I also do not own a juicer lol.

Would blended fruit smoothies be ok? Is this safe? I also don't entirely know how healthy it is to cut out greens. This diet is pretty much the opposite of the candida diet, which I've heard great things about for acne too. I think fruit is easier for me to live off of but sometimes I crave steamed broccoli and broth. What do you guys do for salty cravings?

Thanks for reading this!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Beginner here, doubts, and getting jaw surgery

Post by Oscar »

Hello, welcome to the forum :)
You could live on fruit smoothies and/or juices, though for acne smoothies aren't ideal. Since you're getting jaw surgery, I'd get that over with first, before worrying too much about that. You can mix egg yolk(s) with juices and/or smoothies easily.
Juicing makes it easier to control the amount of calories you're taking in, but it is also easier to drink too much if your body isn't yet used to only eating/drink a little each time. In time you will get used to listening to the needs of your body.
There is nothing you need in vegetables that you can't get from fruits, so no worries there.
Fish and eggs are slightly salty, so I guess that takes care of the possible cravings, but personally I eat olives (not good for acne!).
Make sure the fruit you juice/blend is ripe and not too sour.
Good luck and keep us posted :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Welcome.
Blended juices may cause acne.
Why dont you drink orange juice instead?
And of course, other juices, but only from the juice extractor (no blending!).
Sanpaku

Post by Sanpaku »

Thank you for your replies! I'm recovering well, although I haven't done the Wai diet. I'm no longer having any pain or much swelling, so I'm ready to commit to it. I am 115 pounds and 5'5" but the day of my surgery, my surgeon told me that my blood tests showed I have very high cholesterol :O Is a high carb fruit diet good for that? I need a clean lifestyle. To be honest, I am addicted to processed foods, sweets, breads, and sodium. I want to cut it out forever. Moderation doesn't work for me. You don't tell people to snort coke in moderation.

I don't have a juicer, but I can finally chew again, so I'll do small fruit salads and avoid smoothies :)
What can I tell my mom when she challenges me about getting adequate protein, iron (I'm now anemic post surgery), and calcium? I'm ready to jump into this because when I tried it for a few days, I saw an improvement, but I really don't know how to defend this lifestyle to someone who is both stubborn and concerned for my health. I must admit, I also love the way spinach and sweet potatoes make me feel.

I know I probably sound really annoying, but I'm going into this while living in a house where everyone eats fast food, fatty pasta, pizza, and KFC. They're resistant to anything healthy, so I don't push them, but they still push food on me. I just need to be prepared to defend this diet (since my mum buys the groceries). I'll post any further questions in more relevant subcategories, but I just wanted to say thank you for replying :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sanpaku wrote:my blood tests showed I have very high cholesterol :O Is a high carb fruit diet good for that?
This diet is perfect for lowering elevated cholesterol.
How are your fat levels? (in your blood)
Moderation doesn't work for me. You don't tell people to snort coke in moderation.
Perfect. That's the spirit!!
:)
I don't have a juicer
You don't have money to buy a juicer?
What can I tell my mom when she challenges me about getting adequate protein, iron (I'm now anemic post surgery), and calcium?
Protein you will mostly get from animal food, egg yolks, fish, meat.
Iron levels in egg yolks are extremely high, and moderately high in fish and meat.
Calcium recommendations are way too high because of an old hypothesis:
that high calcium intakes might prevent osteoporosis in later life.
But in each country where calcium intakes are very low (many Asian and African countries), osteoporosis is very rare. And in countries where calcium intakes (milk products) are the highest (Scandinavian countries, Netherlands, Switzerland), osteoporotic fracture rates are the highest (age adjusted).
I must admit, I also love the way spinach and sweet potatoes make me feel.
Like you said, its all or nothing...
Just wait how this diet will make you feel...
I'm going into this while living in a house where everyone eats fast food, fatty pasta, pizza, and KFC.
Ouch.
Yes, that's gonna be very hard.
You are going to need a good preparation (good answers) then.