Give me some guidance please

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
schmolch
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Give me some guidance please

Post by schmolch »

Hello!

About me: 36 years, male, very active (lots of walking at work + 2-3h of cycling/running/swimming/bodybuilding every day). I already lost 16kg but i am still too fat with 80kg @ 178cm. I lost the weight within the last 2,5 years when i started to exercise.

Goals: Weight loss, optimal health, feeling good, looking great. My body is alright but i have too much water/fat in my face. Since it is generally said that one cannot lose fat locally i really need to cut down my bodyfat to get a lean face.

What i currently do:

Every 2-3 days i make a lazy shake that lasts for 2 days.
Many years ago i tried Wai's diet several times but i was never able to collect the strength to say no to all the cravings.
Until 8-10 months ago i ate more or less regularly. I occasionally remembered my attempts at the waidiet and one day i came up with the lazy shake:
15-20 bananas + 12 Tablespoons Oliveoil/Avocadooil -> Mixer + 10 raw eggyolks -> soft mixing = lazy shake :-)

So with 30 minutes of work i was able to supply myself with 4000 calories that taste great and are wai-compliant.
Since then this lazy shake represents about 50% of my total diet. The rest are "regular things", mostly meat/sausage, cheese, grains and coffee.

But now i want to go further and try to do it right.

Assuming that my lazy shake really is wai-compliant (it would be disastrous if it is not) i want to build on that and add other "wai-foods" IF neccessary.

The simplest thing for me to do would be to just increase my intake of the lazy shake.
But are there nutrients that i am lacking this way?
My naive thought is that egg yolks basically "have everything", so if usefull i would be willing to double the egg-yolk intake (i really like their taste).

Thank you for any advice!!!

Much Love!
Sascha
dime

Re: Give me some guidance please

Post by dime »

You can put all ingredients in a nutrition calculator, and see if it hits the RDA targets for minerals/vitamins.

The 'lazy shake' sounds very good, do you keep it in the fridge, it doesn't spoil for 2 days? How much do you drink at once?
schmolch

Post by schmolch »

I keep it in the fridge of course and it easily lasts 2 full days. I drink it all day, maybe 2 big glasses at once when im really hungry.
Depending on the ripeness of the bananes if have to add more or less water or otherwise it is too thick and also more difficult to digest.

The orange-juice/oliveoil/eggyolk combo i used to make years ago did not last that long. It had to be cooled to the point it was almost frozen and still started to taste bitter after 1 - 1,5 days. It was strongly dependent on the kind and quality of the oranges and it was a'lot of work to make big quantities regularly.

Bananas are also a'lot cheaper, even if organic, and are always available in large quantities unlike oranges.

Additionally to the lazy shake i started to make individual glasses of orange-juice for inbetween when i feel the need for sugar and i also eat kiwis again. In the past i had problems with orange-juice and kiwis because i had very bad teeth. I had no enamel left on my teeth, but that was not because of my diet. I had this issue since a long time. I recently had all my teeth fixed. I don't know the english term for it but they all got "cut down" and new artificial teeth got plugged over them. It was very expensive but im really happy about it.

Im familiar with the nutrient calculator but there are always nutrients missing from the database, so all i use it for is to check for the number of calories and distribution of fat, sugar and protein.

I am very excited about this diet again. In the past it was alot of work and i was unable to supply myself with the neccessary calories. But now with the lazy shake as a foundation i feel that i can do it. I also remember the positive benefits i experienced in the past. This is gonna be great and i will be super-awesome! :-)

Greetings!!
Sascha
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

schmolch wrote:My naive thought is that egg yolks basically "have everything", so if usefull i would be willing to double the egg-yolk intake (i really like their taste).
Egg yolks are extremely nutrient-dense, indeed, so that eating many yolks and some fruits/juice,
will readily give you everything you need.
schmolch wrote:Bananas are also a'lot cheaper, even if organic, and are always available in large quantities unlike oranges.
Here, in the Netherlands, oranges are also always available in large quantities, imported from all over the world.
And generally at the same price as, or cheaper than bananas.