Wai Sleep?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
SisterSuggs
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Sleep?

Post by SisterSuggs »

Hello, I wanted some advice on sleeping and the optimum kind of bed? I saw someone else on this forum writing that he is sleeping on a hard floor? In my mind I am not quite sure how the sleeping fits in with the rest of the diet. I have been on the diet (and I admit, not as strict as I had hoped) for almost a month now. In terms of sleeping, I am sleeping much better (though I have been beginning to sleep better since I gave up sugar and coffee about a year ago - before that I was finding it incredibly difficult to fall asleep and waking up a lot in the night.) Although I understand that this may have been the protein? So, although I am sleeping very well now, I wasn't aware that I COULD sleep this well before. Therefore I assume that I could be sleeping even better than I am now. I have recently got a memory foam mattress topper from here which has further helped my sleeping. Are you saying that leaving that for a hard unyielding surface is better? I just feel I need more information, both in regard to how my diet can / will effect my sleep, and indeed why I may be should doing besides my diet, in regard to sleeping. I have recentlg got a memory foam mattress topper from here, which has further helped my sleeping. Are you saying that leaving that for a hard unyielding surface is better?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai Sleep?

Post by RRM »

SisterSuggs wrote:I was finding it incredibly difficult to fall asleep and waking up a lot in the night.) Although I understand that this may have been the protein?
It may also have been your eating-pattern.
If you eat breakfast and many other meals, but don't eat late at night,
you may have a lack of energy while sleeping.
That may sound weird, but you actually need energy to sleep.
Not only do you need tryptophan (protein) to convert into serotonin and melatonin,
sugars to take up the serotonin into the brain,
and cholesterol and oleamide to activate the serotonin receptors,
but you also need a lot of energy and protein for reconstruction during the night,
and the muscles use fatty acids for energy during sleep.

Particularly if you wake up in the middle of the night, you are probably lacking energy.
In that case, eating late at night will definitely be a big help.
A friend of mine always woke up in the middle of the night, until I advised her to skip breakfast and instead eat an extra meal before going to bed. Since then (from the very next day on) her sleep has been absolutely perfect.
I have recentlg got a memory foam mattress topper from here, which has further helped my sleeping. Are you saying that leaving that for a hard unyielding surface is better?
Not me! :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

Can't reply to this post, tried twice
panacea

Post by panacea »

I had a lengthy reply to this post, which got erased when I hit submit, twice, and I'm a computer nerd, I don't make silly button mistakes.. something is up with the phpbb board.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, its annoying.
I always copy my posts now, before trying to post...
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

i also wake up in the middle of the night. i cant remember the last time i had an uninterrupted 7-8 hrs of sleep. i actually thought it is normal to wake up in middle of the night.. because one rem cycle last 1.5-3 hrs before resettin itself?

sometimes i find myself getting sleepy and hungry in the daytime too. do i sleep or do i eat?

i am still figurin out whether its natural to eat @ night.. cause i am trying to emulate how our ancestors live. before they learn to make fire, im sure the environment is pitch dark..so i dont think they r able to find food and gorge on them. i cant find any videos of our closest dna animals like chimps or orang utan eating at night too.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

liondolphin wrote:i also wake up in the middle of the night. i cant remember the last time i had an uninterrupted 7-8 hrs of sleep.
Then also please try to eat A LOT right before you go to bed.
Its best to eat foods very low in fiber (raw animal food, sieved juices),
so that it doesn't keep your intestines too much busy.
Please try and let us know the results.
before they learn to make fire, im sure the environment is pitch dark..so i dont think they r able to find food and gorge on them.
What seems logical to me is that they went to sleep when it got dark.
And ate before that.