Still hesitant, need guidance

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
kay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Still hesitant, need guidance

Post by kay »

Hi,

My main issue is cellulite. I don't have acne. I want to go on this diet to eliminate my cellulite. I want to be able to wear shorts, skirts, bikinis without worrying about it and feeling good about myself.

I've had my reproductive organs removed for health reasons, several years ago and I've been taking both bio-identical estrogen and progesterone ever since. Without either, I don't feel and look as good. Estrogen gives me the energy I need, keeps me young while progesterone relaxes me, helps me to sleep and does a lot of good things for my skin/nails as well. I take estrogen parenterally (injection) and progesterone orally. So, I have no choice but to take both. Please do realize that these are not the same hormones that are contained in birth control pills, these are exactly identical to the ones we produce naturally in our bodies and as such, many of the negatives usually associated with birth control pills do not apply.

I went on various diets in the past with no luck in eliminating my cellulite. I even only ate raw meat (high fat, low protein) and nothing else (no dairy, no salt or spices) for 9-12 months uninterrupted and there was absolutely no improvement. Eventually, I found out I had several gallstones for which I had to remove my gallbladder. Since that operation, the pains have disappeared and I feel better. :)

So, really, I have two concerns.

Firstly, why did I not lose all cellulite when only eating raw meat and nothing else? If Wai's explanation is right, I should have lost it. The only explanation I can find is that perhaps some of the meat I ate was irradiated, unbeknownst to me but still, the cellulite should have, at least, lessened and it didn't.

Secondly, when it comes to eating seafood raw, how can I be sure it hasn't been frozen before and which seafood can I safely eat raw without risking health problems? Or, simpler, which should I avoid?

Thanks.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Still hesitant, need guidance

Post by RRM »

kay wrote:Please do realize that these are not the same hormones that are contained in birth control pills, these are exactly identical to the ones we produce naturally in our bodies and as such, many of the negatives usually associated with birth control pills do not apply.
Still, they can make you retain water.
And if your skin retains more water, fat cells are extruded into the outer skin: cellulite.
Firstly, why did I not lose all cellulite when only eating raw meat and nothing else? If Wai's explanation is right, I should have lost it.
2 possible explanations:
1) Eating only raw meat, you eat a lot of protein. Too much protein. Protein is (like salt and glucose) hydrophylic,
and the blood-protein levels (amino acids) can vary widely (up to 900%, unlike salt and glucose)
Too much protein can make you retain too much water.
2) Your supplemental hormones. They may be the cause of your water retention.
when it comes to eating seafood raw, how can I be sure it hasn't been frozen before
Regarding cellulite and acne it is okay if it has been frozen before (the book is outdated).
and which seafood can I safely eat raw without risking health problems? Or, simpler, which should I avoid?
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1257
kay

Post by kay »

RRM wrote:
kay wrote:Please do realize that these are not the same hormones that are contained in birth control pills, these are exactly identical to the ones we produce naturally in our bodies and as such, many of the negatives usually associated with birth control pills do not apply.
Still, they can make you retain water.
And if your skin retains more water, fat cells are extruded into the outer skin: cellulite.
All pre-menopausal women have estrogen and progesterone in their bodies, it is inevitable. By that same token then, there should be water retention in all pre-menopausal women.

Progesterone actually reduces water retention due to its potent anti-mineralocorticoid actions. I've noticed this first hand.

At least in my case, the hormone levels are more stable versus levels of hormones that constantly vary during the menstrual cycle or pregnancy.
RRM wrote:
Firstly, why did I not lose all cellulite when only eating raw meat and nothing else? If Wai's explanation is right, I should have lost it.
2 possible explanations:
1) Eating only raw meat, you eat a lot of protein. Too much protein. Protein is (like salt and glucose) hydrophylic,
and the blood-protein levels (amaino acids) can vary widely (up to 900%, unlike salt and glucose)
Too much protein can make you retain too much water.
But, from what I read, it is not protein that attracts water but DENATURED protein. Also, I mostly ate fat and very little protein, around 80-85% fat, 15-20% protein.
RRM wrote:2) Your supplemental hormones. They may be the cause of your water retention.
But, then all women are doomed to fail (and have cellulite) as all women have some hormones in their bodies, unless post-menopausal or children before puberty.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

kay wrote:All pre-menopausal women have estrogen and progesterone in their bodies
Of course, but some have water retention, and others have not.
That is because no 2 persons are the same.
It depends on how high your levels are and on how susceptible the receptors are to the stimulus by the hormone.
The fluctuation of your hormone levels will be different from most people.
It is therefore not unlikely that your water retention is caused by your different hormone levels.
Progesterone actually reduces water retention due to its potent anti-mineralocorticoid actions.
Its not just about progesterone.
Its also about estrogenic hormones.
They may very well increase water retention.
At least in my case, the hormone levels are more stable versus levels of hormones that constantly vary during the menstrual cycle or pregnancy.
This by definition means that this stable level is often higher (and often lower) than that of other women.
This could very well explain your water retention.
But, from what I read, it is not protein that attracts water but DENATURED protein.
All protein is hydrophylic. Period.
Its just that damaged proteins may be harder to decompose by the body.
The surplus protein retains more water.
Pure denaturation is not a problem, as it just the unfolding of the 3-dimensional structure.
Damage due to the interaction of protein with other molecules (such as fat / sugar, or other protein),
that is what may make peptides harder to decompose for the protein-decomposing enzymes in your body.
Hence these proteins remain a surplus longer than raw (undamaged) proteins.
But a surplus of raw protein will also make you retain more water.
A surplus of damaged proteins will do so for a longer period of time.
Also, I mostly ate fat and very little protein, around 80-85% fat, 15-20% protein.
15 to 20% protein is very little?
Thats not very little at all.
A diet containing substantial amounts of fruits and veggies contains much less protein.
15 to 20% protein is a high-protein diet.
Kay wrote:
RRM wrote:2) Your supplemental hormones. They may be the cause of your water retention.
But, then all women are doomed to fail (and have cellulite) as all women have some hormones in their bodies
As i said, hormone susceptibility is individually different.
Hormone levels are individually different.
For that same reason, some women are susceptible to acne, and others are not.
Your supplemental hormones may be the cause, or your hormone susceptibility, or the high protein intake.
You can test this by trying a low-protein raw diet for a while.
kay

Post by kay »

Thanks for answering my concerns. :)

I will therefore try to eat much less protein, raw since easier to eliminate, about 50-60 grams daily, and no more, of meat (fish or eggs included) daily, as advised by Wai. I don't even need to eat meat every day, I will go with what my body wants, craves for.

I will stick to raw organic eggs, raw organic pastured meat and either raw tuna, raw organic salmon or sashimi from Japanese restaurants, there is one close to my house. I'm just concerned about getting any parasites and what not, more so this time around. I just don't want to take any chances. Please let me know what you think of my selection.

The rest of my diet will include fruits and shelled nuts. Nothing else.

I'm not going to touch my hormones. These, I absolutely have to take for the rest of my life.

Thanks again for your help. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sounds great to me.
Good luck!
Maia

Post by Maia »

kay wrote:The rest of my diet will include fruits and shelled nuts
Hi Kay, by "shelled " I assume you mean with shell, and that you will shell them yourself?
There is always some confusion about what people mean what they say shelled. Some mean with shell, some without...
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein