can i eat 15 egg-yolks a day?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
schmolch
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

can i eat 15 egg-yolks a day?

Post by schmolch »

Here is the thing:
I do eat a ton of fruits, as much as i can. And a big salad almost every day.
I also make a shake every other day made of 15 bananas, 15 egg yolks and avocado-oil.
BUT:
Whenever i feel unsatisfied, usually in the evening but sometimes also sooner, there seems to be only one real solution:
More Yolks. Big Glas of fresh orange juice, 5 yolks, happy me.

I understand this is alot of egg-yolks even within the standards of this diet. Is this ok?

PS: I'm not really concerned. The underlying message of this question is more like "Finally this works for me. I'm so happy and gratefull. Thank you very much".

Regards
Schmolch
dime

Re: can i eat 15 egg-yolks a day?

Post by dime »

Should be ok, see also viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3594

I think the best way to see if it is ok for you is to eat the yolks alone, without mixing them with anything else.
Make your shake with banana and avocado oil, and eat the yolks separately. You'll get a better signal from your body when it doesn't really want egg yolks any more when they are not masked in a shake with other things.
Iris

Post by Iris »

When you aren't susceptible to acne it should probably be fine. I have done so many times, and more than 15 even, without any problems. As Dime said, try to listen to your body's signals very carefully, as it will tell you when you've had enough.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

dime wrote:I think the best way to see if it is ok for you is to eat the yolks alone, without mixing them with anything else.
agree. I don't believe that anyone could manage to eat 15 yolks alone, without mixing with sweet fruits or fish
I only can eat max 1-2 yolks alone.
Added sweet taste from fruits with yolks is more addictive, just like you add salt with any meal... then you can easily eat more than your body really needs.
dime

Post by dime »

Emeira wrote:
dime wrote:I think the best way to see if it is ok for you is to eat the yolks alone, without mixing them with anything else.
agree. I don't believe that anyone could manage to eat 15 yolks alone, without mixing with sweet fruits or fish
I only can eat max 1-2 yolks alone.
Added sweet taste from fruits with yolks is more addictive, just like you add salt with any meal... then you can easily eat more than your body really needs.
I don't think Schmolch was eating that shake in one go, and I didn't suggest to 15 yolks at once but throughout the day, just separately without mixing them.
I can eat 6-7 yolks alone at once with no problem (probably max I've eaten is 10), but it depends on the egg size.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Like I said, I did so many times. Not at once indeed, but say 2 times a day 8 yolks (plain, no mixing) is not a problem whatsoever, for me :wink:
On the other hand, eating just 2 yolks a day would definitively cause problems, again, for me