Need advice, 16 days in and struggling

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Nish
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Need advice, 16 days in and struggling

Post by Nish »

Hello! It seems like you are experiencing the same problems as me. It is now my 5th week on the diet with 2 cheat days on the 3rd week due to social reasons and I haven't noticed any major improvements either. How bad is your acne? I tend to have about 3 spots at most at a time although there are very small bumps on cheeks that tend to turn into small white/yellow heads. One thing that I have noticed is that my spots don't look angry anymore.
As I am a beginner myself, I don't really have any tips for you except to be strong and keep going with this diet.
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

Hi Nish

My acne seems worse than yours, I must have at least 20 if not more spots at the moment but all seem to be healing now :) I'm hoping it's not just because of my monthly cycle, I usually get flare ups just before my period then calm after the storm lol so fingers crossed once I'm clear I'll stay clear. My back has cleared up loads but my chest still looks little spotty healing though. Gotta keep going till it all clears then I will know if this diet works, fingers crossed. Keep me updated on your progress too! :)
Nish

Post by Nish »

Oh that's great to hear about your back. Now when I think about it, my back has improved as well although it wasn't really that bad in the first place. I just used to get the odd cystic spot but this hasn't been the case since i started the diet. It's hard to measure the improvement on my face though especially because I still have small spots around the cheek area. My theory is that because they are so deep, they just need longer to work their way out. There were so many though so it's hard to know if there number is going down but I am just keeping my fingers crossed.
Have you noticed that your period is a little late since starting the diet? I have lost about 2kg so I am now at the lower limit of a healthy BMI but my weight has remained constant for the last 3 weeks. My period used to be regular even when I was underweight a few years ago so not sure if the diet has caused some kind of hormonal imbalance. Because I tend to be the lazy type, I have decided to carry a bag of food around so that I don't have an excuse not to eat/drink frequently as this is generally what I find difficult with the diet. Anyway please keep me updated too and together we can fight acne ;)
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

Hi Nish sorry for the late reply, had a busy weekend.

My periods are a bit all over the place ATM as I came off the pill and got a non hormonal coil fitted as I didn't want to be messing with my hormones anymore as I was sure it was making my acne worse. However my periods are so irregular and I am still bleeding now (8days since I came on!) think that's probably not helping the skin situation and it's distracting from whether this diet is actually working.

Feeling a little low today as a few more spots came up yesterday and the others haven't healed yet! :( I'm on day 23 and wondering when new ones are gonna stop so I can eventually get clear skin!

If anyone has any advice I could definitely do with it this week :(
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Loubylou wrote:Feeling a little low today
You might want to read about what Wai / RRM says about "serotonin" and or "cholesterol" on increasing your mood or making you happier, on the website; and RRM lists some serotonin rich foods here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2258&p=36312&hilit ... nin#p36312
Loubylou wrote:My periods are a bit all over the place ATM as I came off the pill and got a non hormonal coil fitted as I didn't want to be messing with my hormones anymore as I was sure it was making my acne worse. However my periods are so irregular and I am still bleeding now (8days since I came on!) think that's probably not helping the skin situation and it's distracting from whether this diet is actually working.
Egg yolks might help with periods, read this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2939&hilit=serotonin
--------------
Loubylou wrote:I came off the pill and got a non hormonal coil fitted as I didn't want to be messing with my hormones anymore as I was sure it was making my acne worse.
hmm... and then you ate grape fruit...
Loubylou wrote:Ive beeen drinking grapefruit juice (cheaper than oranges) and putting fresh lime juice on my tomato, cucumber, olive oil salad, i read a post that this is not good as of the antinutrients in them?? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3605
...could that have interacted with the stuff you were taking?, could any interaction make by-products that cause you to be sad or have more skin problems?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Aytundra wrote: Friendly advice for starting juice: ...
Also: make sure the fruits are ripe (and therefore sweet)!