Need advice, 16 days in and struggling

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Loubylou
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Need advice, 16 days in and struggling

Post by Loubylou »

Hi

I'm 16days into the diet and struggling to see any improvement, Can someone help me? :(

My daily diet is

Breakfast - Banana then tomato with extra virgin cold pressed and unfiltered olive oil
Mid morn snack - 2 satsumas & 1/4 large avacado
Lunch - 2 large tomatoes & 4 small tomatoes (skin on but washed) with 1/6th cucumber (peel off) with extra virgin olive oil. Selection of fruits (usually 6-7 strawberries, 1/4 honeydew melon, 1 plum & 1/2 avacado.
Mid afternoon snack - large handful of grapes & 1/2 avacado
Tea - same as lunch
Evening snack - two tangerines & 2-3 raw egg yolks

I read that your not supposed to eat fibre with eggs so going to try the eggs alone about an he before bed starting tonight.

I was my face with a bottle spray of bottled water and use cucumber juice on a cotton pad to cleanse.

I try and get around 8 hrs of sleep a night but this can sometimes be disturbed as I have back pain from a car accident which I'm trying to get sorted.

Basically my skin really flared up in the first week and now it's calmed a little but I'm still getting spots everyday! I came on my period on Friday so I'm wondering if that has messed everything up anyway? Usually my skin flares up in the week before my period then calms whilst on and the week after so is what I'm seeing just normal period flare or is it the diet? I don't know!

I feel better about my skin in the morning but in the evening it seems worse and I get really down about it, I wear makeup (Clinique anti blemish foundation) but not too much during the day so could this be making things worse?? I already try and put as little on as possible but couldn't cope without it!

I would love some feedback as I don't know what time doing wrong!

I'm going on holiday (all inclusive!!) on 11th October so I'm terrified I'll ruin all my hard work or not be able to carry on the diet, I was hoping to get in to testing lunch foods before then but my skin is no where near clear .

I don't know what to do?!
Aytundra

Re: Need advice, 16 days in and struggling

Post by Aytundra »

Hi Loubylou,

What does your skin feel like after eating your set of foods?
What does your skin feel like after wearing the foundation?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Why is it bumpy, and feels so uneven?
Loubylou wrote:When I take the makeup off and cleanse with the cucumber it feels softer
So without makeup and with cucumber cleaning it makes your skin feel softer?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Bumpy, why do you think it is bumpy, and feels so uneven?
Loubylou wrote:When I take the makeup off and cleanse with the cucumber it feels softer
So without makeup and with cucumber cleaning it makes your skin feel softer?

Oops, I time travelled again, Forum Moderators, please fix this! :(
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

Hi thanks so much for the reply.

My face feels mainly bumpy, I can feel scabby bits where spots are healing slightly but then sore lumps where new ones are coming up, it feels so uneven.
When I take the makeup off and cleanse with the cucumber it feels softer and doesn't feel tight like it did when I used soap but still feels bumpy.

Hope that answers your question xx
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

I think it feels bump because off all the spots. It still feels bumpy when I've got no makeup on but feels less greasy and a bit softer
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Loubylou wrote: It still feels bumpy when I've got no makeup on but feels less greasy and a bit softer
So it is softer and less greasy without the makeup, but still bumpy.
What foods did you eat before doing this?
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

I've generally just had my tea (tomato cucumber olive oil salad with fruits and avacado - same thing I have at lunch). I think it only feels better though because I've washed off the makeup & oil that has developed during the day
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Loubylou wrote: I've generally just had my tea
Do you actually drink tea?
Loubylou wrote:I think it only feels better though because I've washed off the makeup & oil that has developed during the day
Skin feels like it is free to breathe after that right?
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

No I haven't drank any tea at all. Don't mean to be rude Aytundra but do you have any advice for me? Your questions seem a little odd without any explanations/reasoning.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Loubylou wrote:Your questions seem a little odd without any explanations/reasoning.
Agrees, too much asking, here's some explaining:
My first two questions were:
Aytundra wrote:What does your skin feel like after eating your set of foods?
What does your skin feel like after wearing the foundation?
Because, part of doing this diet is being aware of how your skin reacts to items that you put on or ingest.
It might take some time for you to figure out the right combinations that works on you.
Aytundra wrote:What foods did you eat before doing this?
I was referring to before you started 16 days ago, what did you generally eat?
For example, I know that when I eat fried food items, specifically fried chicken, I automatically get pimples the next day, and then for me it takes at least 3-7days before a pimple clears (the bump with pus dies down) on a cooked foods diet, and at least a week before any blemish (brownish skin scab) from the cleared pimple disappears on a cooked foods diet. This is for someone who is not really that susceptible to skin problems. It would be interesting if I ate a fried chicken after going on the Wai diet, and seeing how long it takes for the skin to repair (but that I can't do yet, because I am still working on keeping my diet over 95% Wai consecutively for a block of time.).

Hence, it would not surprise me if the skin is still taking some time to repair from the food stuff you ate before the 16 days.

However, I do believe that the food items on this diet works, since I have noted how my skin and body does improve in general to the food items here over the past few months.

To my current understanding, part of the theory of the diet is, about not ingesting items that have the bad stuff that would build up on the skin.
Which, also relates to the idea of not putting things on the skin, that might build up on the skin.
Loubylou wrote:do you have any advice for me?
Some items I would watch out for if I were eating your food items are possibly the: olive oil, avocado, and and egg yolks, and their interaction with makeup.
I know my skin gets a layer of shine with fatty food items like fish and yolks, compared to my regular cooked foods days which didn't have an additional shine, but no pimples developed with it. Also i didn't wear makeup on those days that I ate over 95%. I am not saying to remove the fatty food items, because these items are probably the ones that improves the skin.
Hence, I don't know if the oily makeup that you wipe off at the end of your day, if it is actually the byproduct of your makeup and the food items, interfering with your progress.
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

Thank you for your reply

I think you are probably right in that my skin just needs longer to heal, I am going to try not wearing makeup when I'm in the house and see if those days are better. I used to eat quite healthy in that I ate a lot of fruit but also had a wide variety of cooked foods and meals out , so maybe my skin is still repairing from those foods built up in my system.

Is it true that more sleep can help your skin? I'm hoping to go to bed earlier over next few weeks and see if that helps too

With regards to my wai diet, am I doing it right? Combining fats with fruits and eating regularly? I've also started bringing juice (2 oranges, 5ml olive oil & bottled water) to work as well
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Loubylou wrote:I've also started bringing juice (2 oranges, 5ml olive oil & bottled water) to work as well
Friendly advice for starting juice:
- Juice oranges/fruits fresh!*
- Sieve fiber & seeds of oranges/fruits you juice!*
- Keep records of fruits, oils, sugars, and acid levels of your juices, and their effects on you;
- Adjust the volume of ingredients to your taste, tolerance, and energy preferences.
- Does the juice give you any positive or negative side effects?*

* Some users here did not tolerate or like citrus, and used other foods; while some other users have used citrus as their main component in juice for years.
* Don't cheat with supermarket stuff; some users here have found that: artificial, containerized, pasteurized, store bought juice difficult to use, it aggravated their skin conditions, because some companies may have added additives or juiced too much of the oranges' or fruit's peels, releasing pesticides or anti-nutrients from skins.
* Some users here for skin problems said that the intake of fiber may have affected their skin negatively.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Loubylou wrote:Is it true that more sleep can help your skin?
Yes, during sleep your body transports protein chuncks to the liver for breakdown.
During the day such chuncks accumulate in the skin, causing water retention in the true skin.
Thats why you normally feel new pimples develop during the day, and at night they may surface a bit.
Loubylou

Post by Loubylou »

I think this means I'll be going to bed earlier now then! Thanks RRM :)