First Timer on the Wai Diet, Here's My Impressions....

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
curiousz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

First Timer on the Wai Diet, Here's My Impressions....

Post by curiousz »

I'm 3 days in (this is currently my 4th day).

I somehow came across wai's diet (randomly), and started reading it. A lot of it made sense, and then I decided to research for myself what the primary diet of our closest relatives (primates) was. Sure enough, they subside primarily on fruits, nuts, roots and so forth.

I'm doing this diet for acne. It's not terribly severe. However, it's extremely persistent, and according to the book you can be 100% clear if you want to be (if you follow the diet perfectly). I like having that kind of control, and if a diet is able to give me complete clarity, then I will be on this diet for life.

I also have some cellulite, and it made sense that there might be a connection here.

So far I've been consuming olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil, oranges, kiwis, apples, avacados, raisins, almonds and brasil nuts, strawberrys, blackberries, and blueberries, and raw egg yolks.

That's it. No other foods with dirty proteins or any cooked foods. 100% raw.

However, so far I've been breaking out a bit since I stopped applying my tazorac and gone on this diet cold turkey....

They haven't been big, mind you, but smaller zits in pretty large numbers. I'm hoping this is just a passing fad...

Originally, I had thought that sugars were the cause of acne (many acne boards have posters who religiously go on a high protein/low carb diet because of the supposed 'insulin' reaction). But, that diet wasn't working for me, I wanted something that was 100%.

I also didn't know if my acne was bacterial in nature, or fungal. So, going on a diet that is pretty high in sugar may aid in helping their proliferation? I don't know, candida seems very odd....on one hand, if you're killing the infection, it will get worse because these things will release toxins as they die...so if you give them what they want, maybe they'll be in a fine harmony with our body?

Some other changes I've noticed since starting this diet:

-My stomache 'gurgles' a whole lot. And it's not that I'm hungry, I'm eating pretty often (lots of small meals). However

-My stools don't have much 'weight' to them. They look like a bunch of fiber.

-I feel better (less depressed), and I think my sleep is getting better.

I realize cellulite will take much longer to go away, but I really want my acne to go away 100%.

Does anyone remember what happened when you first went on the diet? Did you break out a little? How long did it take you to clear? Has anyone been cleared 100% since doing this diet, like the book says??

Thanks for your comments.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Welcome to the forum!
I don't have acne (unless I eat blended banana!) so I can't comment on that but congratulations on your diet. It sounds excellent.
As for the candida and fruit connection, I know all the experts say go on a fruit-free diet if you want to kill it, but I went on a 100% fruit diet and cured my candida completely. So don't believe a word of it!

Maybe for people on SAD diets fruit will make it worse, but on Wai it shouldn't be a problem.

Salmon contains DMAE which is a wonderdrug for the skin - there are loads of skin creams you can buy made of it, to reduce wrinkles and acne.
If I were doing Wai for my skin I'd definately eat raw salmon instead of taking fish oil which isn't really raw (but don't let that put you off, if Wai says its ok for acne its ok, I don't know anything about curing acne). Wild salmon contains more omega 3 and also contains axanstanthin (can't spell it to save my life) which is one of the most powerful antioxidants on the planet, so is also good for the skin. So I'd eat that but Wai recommends farmed salmon, I can't remember why, might be to do with parasites.

Make sure the raisins you're eating aren't covered in vegetable oil, but having said that you'll still be eating a million times healthier than every non-Waian in the world so don't worry.

Your body must be loving you, with you providing all those wonderful fats - olive oil, coconut oil, fish oil, yolks, wow!
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Thanks for the comments!

Unfortunately, I'm not big on the raw fish thing. I can handle raw egg yolk, but I've never been a big fan of fish. also, it's pretty hard to find fish that isn't contaminated with mercury where I live.

As for fish oil, yes I recently found out that most of it is indeed heated. However, I recently found out that there exists a cod liver oil source that isn't altered in anyway.

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com ... er-oil.htm

I'm thinking about purchasing it from here, rather than Carlson's Cod Liver Oil.

I really think Cod Liver Oil is a great supplement, especially those who don't get enough Vitamin D through sun exposure.

I think most of the omega 3 fatty acids in salmon are contained in the skin, so to get their benefits you have to consume the skin as well.

And I actually have a astaxanthin that I use (which isn't much, about what you'd get in a serving of salmon, it's apparently a very good antioxidant).

I don't think the raisins I'm getting are covered in vegetable oil. I didn't buy the manufactured ones, but rather some organic kind found in the fruit and nuts section.

I can't tell you how much better I "feel" being on this diet, though. Cutting out wheat, cooked protein, has done so much for me already.

If this diet truly cures acne, it only further proves what a complete SHAM the medical industry is...and if it cures acne, who knows how good it is for the rest of my body considering NOTHING the medical industry has provided can cure acne.

Sometimes the simplest and most natural methods are the best. I think nature knows better than we do about what to put in our body. You don't see other animals cooking meat.

As for the progress...so far today my stomach hasn't 'gurgled' as much. I think I was 'detoxing' a bit for the first few days. My acne hasn't really gotten any worse, it's just letting time heal the previous wounds.
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Another great thing about this diet is: It's CHEAP!

Relative to what I used to pay for groceries and other 'waste' foods, I can pretty much sustain myself on about 40 dollars worth of groceries per week, as opposed to spending 80 going out to eat and groceries that I used to.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

ooh thanks for the link.
yes it's a shame carlsons is heated as it's so high in omega 3, it would be ideal.

wow you take an astaxanthin supplement? have you noticed any benefits from it? have you turned pink? (apparantly it's what makes flamingos and salmon pink, so why doesn't it turn humans pink? I tried drinking massive amounts of carrot juice once because I'd heard overdosing on carrots turns you orange and I thought it would be funny, but I didn't change shade one iota. Once I turned blue and I thought my skin was thinning and it was all the blue blood underneath showing through, but it turned out to be dye from my duvet.)

Where I live I can't find vegetable oil free raisins at all :( But the first healthshop I walked into in London had them. So I guess I'm just in a raisin-unfriendly area.

You're very brave changing your diet so dramatically overnight. *claps*
I went from vegan to fruit for breakfast and lunch and a normal vegan dinner. Then when I cut out the vegan dinner and went raw, I developed lots of acne on my face and mouth ulcers, which I'd never had before, but it didn't last. It was just detox.

I'm sure Wai's diet is wonderful for the whole body especially the internal organs - which must be in a terrible state on a normal diet, as they're the ones that have to deal with all that junk that isnt supposed to be in our bodies.

And yes the medical industry is a SHAM, doctors are butchers and poisoners and they never actually try to cure a disease. They just try to cover up the symptoms which is ridiculous. A few hundred years from now, people will think 21st century doctors are lunatics, and their methods are barbaric.

You're doing really well, keep up the good work :) :D 8)
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Yeah, it's called BioAstin. I don't consume that much, I think it amounts to 4 mg. But, apparently 'that's enough' to do its job.

Flamingos and Salmon turn pink naturally by producing these antioxidant substances, so it's obviously in their genetic makeup.

If you consumed massive amounts of it, then it would probably be bad for you and turn you pink like beta carotene can turn you orange.

Yeah, my diet change is RADICAL.

In all honesty, I LOVED the taste of Pizza, burgers, chicken, wheat, etc....LOVED IT.

But you know what? I love my health and my skin more, and I'm willing to do anything to try and be clear. So it wasn't too hard for me to drop it all, simply because I had that motivation there.

if this does it, then I have found a miracle cure...and I will do nothing but thank the people that put out this book and tell it to everyone I know.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If your stomach gurgling is due to gas, be careful not to combine nuts and dried fruits with egg yolks (if you did).
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Welcome to the forum!
And congratulations on coming so far so quickly! Your motivation is great to see!
Are you shelling your Brazil (and other) nuts by hand?
We have to watch out because nuts that are bought shelled are not raw anymore (they have been heated in order to crack the shell) and are dirty protein and therefore can cause you to break out.
Good luck!
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

The nuts I buy say they are raw, there's no shell on them though...

Does this mean they are potentially bad?
avalon

Post by avalon »

I second what Corinne wrote. With shelled nuts the odds are that they were not, shelled by hand, even if it states 'raw' which can be tricky.

I find if I eat too many brazil nuts, I start to break out...and I don't have an acne problem at all, rather haven't.

Good luck to you also!
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Yep!
'raw' in this case just (generally) means not roasted after shelling but nothing is ever said about the shelling process...
It's relatively difficult and time consuming to shell macademia and brazil nuts (by hand) so for mass production they heat them.
:(

But on the other hand there are web sites which sell unshelled brazil and macademia nuts. Are you in the US?
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Yeah, I think I'll just cut out nuts for the time being.

What are the websites?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

try sprouting the nuts. If they'll sprout they're raw if they won't they're not...
I think...
curiousz

Post by curiousz »

Is it normal to feel physically ill the first week?

It's almost as though my body aches and i haven't worked out...hard to explain.

Are these detox symptoms?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No idea. Could indeed be detox and/or withdrawal symptoms. Are you eating/drinking enough?