Day 20: This isn't working anymore...

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avo »

Tell me more about this serotonin adversion. If it helps any, I always feel sleepy after avocado+banana meal, constantly yawning, eyes heavy, almost falling asleep during class. Bananas alone or with yolks do not have this effect, just avocado. Maybe it is the large amount of fiber present in the avocado? I think I should add more sugars when eating avocado, I tend to get full while trying to eat enough banana to get the 2:1 balance. Maybe I'll have just a single banana with avocado plus enough honey to get the right balance instead. Sorry, just thinking out loud :D.

So I shouldn't add or remove foods while testing the OO? I bought some tengelos and peaches for eating, never had tengelos before. Should I have brazil nuts/coconut occasionally if I feel like adding them back in, or keep on the same dietary routine? Also, I can't remove avocados? I didn't buy any recently, so I might not have one for the next day or two, I hope that doesn't mess up any results.

So, I won't take out avocados just yet, unless you think it's ok. Just curious, what is the best way to get the missing fats/nutrients that I will need to get if I stop eating avocado? Like the B's, Vit E, K, Mn, etc, as well as the fatty acids. Coconut and yolk isn't enough to get the right amounts/balance, is it? I know I should eat fish, but only frozen is available, and nothing is really fresh or wild.
nick

Post by nick »

avo wrote:Tell me more about this serotonin adversion. If it helps any, I always feel sleepy after avocado+banana meal, constantly yawning, eyes heavy, almost falling asleep during class. Bananas alone or with yolks do not have this effect, just avocado. Maybe it is the large amount of fiber present in the avocado? I think I should add more sugars when eating avocado, I tend to get full while trying to eat enough banana to get the 2:1 balance. Maybe I'll have just a single banana with avocado plus enough honey to get the right balance instead. Sorry, just thinking out loud :D.
You very well could be serotonine sensitive.
This means that you need sufficient B3 because tryptophan is used to make B3 and serotonine and when your B3 level is low more tryptophan will be used to make B3 instead of serotonine. B3 is easily found in fish so perhaps alternating with yolks and fish would help?

Avocado's have oleamide in them which increases the sensitivity of your serotonine receptors, thus promoting sleep.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The best way to test is to keep as many variables the same, while changing only one. I personally eat my avocado without anything or with a little tomato (and olive oil).
avo

Post by avo »

Ok, I think I will simplify things more. For one, I want to try eating just fruits on their own, like two oranges for a meal, or one mango, or something like that, no fat. This is what I did originally, I'll see if I can recreate how good I felt doing that. Also, I'll stop having yolk with fiber and have them either in juice or with nothing. Same with avocado, I'll have it alone or with cucumber/tomato.

I have noticed that according to the nutrient calculator, my B3 is rarely at the minimum level. I'll see if I can get the frozen wild caught salmon sometime soon, I think I'll have to get it shipped to my house from online. It will be at least a few days.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Your ideas are good, but I would keep combining the sweet fruit with some fat (coconut oil) at least most of the time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:Tell me more about this serotonin adversion. If it helps any, I always feel sleepy after avocado+banana meal, constantly yawning, eyes heavy, almost falling asleep during class. Bananas alone or with yolks do not have this effect, just avocado.
]

Thank you for the additional info.
Then it cannot be intolerance for dietary serotonin (the required serotonin is composed inside our body, not derived from food), because banana (like papaya and pineapple) is higher in serotonin than avocado.

Maybe it is indeed serotonin-sensitivity (regarding the serotonin produced in your body). How do you respond to the combination of avocado with yolks?
I think I should add more sugars when eating avocado
Thats also possible.
So I shouldn't add or remove foods while testing the OO?
... keep on the same dietary routine?
Indeed.
So, I won't take out avocados just yet, unless you think it's ok.
For clear test results, you need to wait with that, indeed.
what is the best way to get the missing fats/nutrients that I will need to get if I stop eating avocado?
First submit that new diet to the calculator. Then supplement with foods that are rich in nutrients that your diet is (too) low in.