fat/sugar combo & munch food items

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
wuzarnold
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

fat/sugar combo & munch food items

Post by wuzarnold »

This will be my first full day of the diet, ate a cucmber/tomato salad last night and had success with elimination within an hour (coincidence? maybe), anyway I don't quite understand the fat/sugar ratio. The diet states 1 gram of fat for every 2 grams of sugar (total carbs), yet the recipe for cucumber tomato salad says "plenty of olive oil". I used one whole cucumber, one whole tomato one tablespoon olive oil, and one tablespoon balsamic vinegar, which ends up being way more fat than carbs.

Also, regarding single munch food items. Can I actually eat up to 7 grams of protein two times a day of dark chocolate? This seems unbelievable to me. I bought a dark chocolate bar and it is huge. The entire bar (which I wouldn't eat anyway) has a total of 10 grams of protein, but totals 1150 calories, 65 grams fat, and 130 grams carbs.

All advice, comments, questions welcome. I want to follow this diet correctly!

:) Laura
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

For what reason are you following the diet?

The sugar/fat ratio is a guideline throughout the day. In my experience it doesn't have to be very precise. If you make sure you consume some fats when eating fruits you'll be fine. The body needs both fats and sugars for energy, so ingesting both will provide for both energy sources, and keeping the blood sugar level from fluctuating too much.
If you enter what you eat in the nutrient calculator, you can check the ratio. Depending on the energy you need it can vary from 2:1 to even 5:1.
wuzarnold

Post by wuzarnold »

Hi Oscar, thanks for the quick reply. The way I found this diet was by searching for information on cellulite, but really I just want to be healthy. I have been plaqued with ezcema (sp?), mild acne, rashes etc. which I now believe to be caused from elimination difficulties from which I also suffer. My weight is good, although losing 10 more lbs wouldn't hurt me.

For the past 8 weeks I've been on a calorie restrictive diet of 1200/day and treadmill 30 minutes day from which I lost 10 lbs (now 125 @ 5'8). This diet hasn't helped my constipation though because I eat unatural fats, rice cakes, high fiber etc.

Laura
wuzarnold

Post by wuzarnold »

OK, just read a little more about the munch food items. Seems I'm only allowed 1/2 oz protein daily if I am trying to rid myself of cellulite, which was my original goal. I guess that means NO munch food. I was hoping to have some bacon or chocolate, but they are way too high in protein to satisfy my cravings compared to the portion I would be allowed to eat.

Laura

Note: in my last post I was trying to write my height (five ft. eight) but the eight turned into an Emoticon for some reason.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, the most healthy way is indeed without munchfoods. But because of the addictive qualities of munchfoods it might be difficult to follow the diet. You can either go cold turkey, or gradually diminish munchfoods until you can do without. Both ways have advantages and disadvantages. I did it the latter way, but then the last step is pretty hard. Cold turkey means that the cravings will already be in the beginning, but once they're over you'll be fine.

In the beginning there will be lots of adjusting either way. One of the issues is always getting from 3 big meals a day to lots of small meals a day. Slowly the stomach will shift from reacting to physical pressure, as an indication of 'having eaten enough', to the amount of nutrients/energy consumed.

Because of the energy management adjustments your weight might fluctuate until it'll settle on your ideal weight. I lost a lot of weight at first (I didn't eat (often) enough), but slowly it increased and now it's very stable. There is no need to restrict the amount of calories, as your body will 'tell' you how much it needs.