Progress Update

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Wendy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Progress Update

Post by Wendy »

Everything is going GREAT with my new way of eating. Even keeled energy throughout the day, deep sleep and a general glow about me. Acne is luckily not a problem for me except for the odd spot the week before my cycle. Nope, not this time. My skin is flawless. Even my dark undereye circles are lightening up!

Would love to completely put down coffee but am having a time and a half with it. Ugggh. Love the sashimi, ceviche (I add a bit of persian cucumber for a very satisfying crunch), look forward to my egg yolks and I've never enjoyed tomatoes more in my life!

None of my friends even slightly question what I am doing. Wish I could get them to eat this way too, but one step at a time seems appropriate~~!!

Wendy :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Wendy, welcome!
So, how did you come accross this diet, and what made you want to try it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear, Wendy. :D
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I love the idea of raw, healthy food but was always somewhat dismayed (before coming across this website) about all of the preparation involved. It always seemed like people went to a lot of trouble to make raw food taste like cooked. For instance, there are burgers and tacos etc. that are dehydrated whatever and meant to taste like real burgers etc. And even though that is great for people for whom that works...I wondered why I would not just eat something cooked.

I read a LOT online, came across a lot of ways of raw eating: vegan raw, Vonderplanitz raw, this raw and that raw and none of it was something I wanted to do. And yet, I was starting to not like the way I felt after eating anything of my foods. Oatmeal, organic baked chicken, brown rice, etc. Even the texture bugged me, not to mention how tired I would feel after eating soft corn tacos with chicken (etc). I had already stopped eating red meat, was tired of chicken and wanted to look and feel better. I was eating a lot of protein because I work out a lot, and a lot of protein powder and I never ever had any energy to do anything.

So, I found this website and thought a few days about it, and decided I loved the absolute simplicity and purity of eating this way. Raw food meant to taste raw. And I took the plunge. It's been a week and I love it. I have had nothing except very positive results. I look better, feel better etc.

YAY!!!!!

Wendy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, thats a beautiful motivation.
(Can a motivation be beautiful, i guess so... 8) )
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Wendy,

I too have never enjoyed tomatoes so much in my whole life!!! I never thought a simple tomato cucmber bowl with olive oil and lemon juice- and with no leafy greens, could be such a delight!

At first I too had trouble with the coffee, but know you can do it. In fact I've even given up green tea, which I might give in to once a month or so, but the coffee frenzy addiction thingy goes away. I can honestly say I never even think about it anymore.

Avalon :)
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Live and learn. I had a corn tortilla with chicken and broke out the next day. I don't even get acne as a rule! Can't believe it, but it seems to be true. Back on plan now and skin is healed up.

No coffee today. Lots of energy anyway, but one miserable headache along with a wee bit of spaciness. This too shall pass and by this time next week it won't be an issue at all. I am the Queen of PMS but have had no cravings really. Munch foods do not beckon!!

Planning on dinner with the boyfriend tomorrow night. A little bit of sashimi for me with cucumber, tomatoes and avocado. He'll have sushi. He's so supportive of this which is awesome.

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good! The experience with munchfood is good, so you know what the results are.

You will get withdrawal symptoms (like maybe the headache and spaciness) from not drinking coffee anymore, but hopefully they'll cease soon. Basically witdrawal symptoms exaggerate the opposite effects of the drug. The body is used to try to compensate for the effects, and now that the effects have stopped, the body still continues for a while.

Have a nice dinner tomorow. :)