Help; what to eat? how much energy?? is this credible?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Sara
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Help; what to eat? how much energy?? is this credible?

Post by Sara »

Hi all

I'm new to this diet "thing", and I just want some help to make sure I'm eating enough. I'm a girl, 16 years old, 174 cm and weigh 50 kgs.

I shouldn't lose any weight, I would much rather gain a few kilos.
I'm on this diet because I have acne, I was going to try Roaccutane but then I found this adorable diet on the web, it made my day. I have suffered from acne since 12, it has developed into severe acne, breakouts occasionally.. Well, anyhow. I've been on antibiotics for a couple of years now, but it does not work anymore. I quit five days ago, so I guess I can eat raw animal food soon. I feel pretty weak ('cause I'm not DOING IT RIGHT) but this is what I ate yesterday;

maybe 10 satsumas
2 apples
a salad: cucumber, avokado, tomatoe and some Olive oil
a banana

+ lots of fruit in the evening, raisins

I know I need some protein, I'm slowly getting my body used to it (egg yolks)

Today: (it's 10.51 in the morning, just woke up)
5 dl orangejuice with 2 tablespoons OO and the same amount of sugar (should I really have that much sugar ? :? )

How much do I need to eat, (maybe I could gain weight?) any help would be VERY APPRECIATED! :D

Thanks..
//Sara, sweden
RRM
Administrator

Re: Need some help, what to eat?

Post by RRM »

hi Sara, welcome!
Sara wrote:I just want some help to make sure I'm eating enough
The nutrient calculator may give you an indication, but of course your REAL need for energy largely depends on how active you are.
the only one who can tell you whether you are consuming precisely enough energy, is your body. Please try to develop a habit to listening to your body. whenever your blood sugar level goes down, you will start feeling less energetic, and eventually tired and 'low' (depressed).
Always try to pick up on those signals as soon as possible.
I'm a girl, 16 years old, 174 cm and weigh 50 kgs.
Submit that info to the nutrient calculator.
And then submit the food that you eat, and see whether that matches generally estimated energy requirements
I have suffered from acne since 12, it has developed into severe acne
It was the same for me...
I've been on antibiotics for a couple of years now[, but it does not work anymore. I quit five days ago
Im glad you did, because antibiotics break down your own defense system.
this is what I ate yesterday... + lots of fruit in the evening ...
You need to be more specific. Please write down EVERYTHING that you eat, so that you can submit that to the calculator.
In the calculator choose "mandarins" to submit the number of satsumas you ate.
Also weigh how much olive oil and sugar you use. 100 gram olive oil is 900 kcal, 100 gram sugar is 400 kcal.

I know I need some protein, I'm slowly getting my body used to it (egg yolks)
Good, because you definitely need it indeed.
Instead of the egg yolks, its best to start with raw salmon or raw tuna, as they tend to have less bacteria, so that your body can cope with that already (please start immediately). then after a week you can start introducing egg yolks.
Today: (it's 10.51 in the morning, just woke up)
5 dl orangejuice with 2 tablespoons OO and the same amount of sugar (should I really have that much sugar ? :? )
Especially if you feel weak, or if you have little money to spend, or if you dont feel like eating that much whole fruits, sugar is very useful.
And no, its not too much.
to stabilize your blood sugar level, never drink all the juice at once, but regularly keep on taking sips from it.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate it. I'm having some trouble using the calculator, but I guess I'll learn :D

And yes, I shall from now on write down EVERYTHING and use the calculator.. I guess it's that simple. : )

As you said, I don't drink much juice at the same time, I take sips now and then.

I'm happy right now, just ordered a juice extractor. No more swimming in orange juice in the morning.... It gets really messy when you do it by hand.

Thank you once again!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Need some help, what to eat?

Post by Oscar »

Hello Sara, welcome on the forum. :)

What kind of diet/food have you been eating before you started this diet?

At a glance it looks like you didn't eat enough yesterday, but to be sure, I'd need to know exactly what/how much you ate.

The most important thing is to learn to 'listen' to what your body tells you. So when you're hungry, eat. When you're not hungry, don't eat. ;) And only eat as much until you've had enough. Now in the beginning your body might have to get used to this new way, so even though you feel you've had enough (no hunger feeling), your stomach might not be full.
In the end you'll be eating small portions (like 1-3 fruits at a time) throughout the day.

If you want to drink OJ with OO, also try drinking it over time. So by the glass or by sipping. Of course if you need more, then by all means drink more. In the beginning I wouldn't use added sugar yet, but use it lateron if you need it to finetune your energy intake.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Edit: I guess I took too long in posting (got distracted...) ;)
Sara

Post by Sara »

Okey, thanks a lot. I love this forum, here you actually get replies!

Before this diet, I ate so called "healthy foods", not exaggerating, just healthy. I didn't eat too much fat (since I have been suffering a 'tiny' eating disorder for a few years) and some might say I ate too little. Didn't exercise a lot, (should you type "alot" or "a lot"... :) I don't know) but I'm not in horribly bad shape. People tend to call me skeleton and stuff like that.

So far, this is what I've been eating today :

* Morning: 2,5 dl orange juice with olive oil and some sugar

*1 mandarin, 1 banana, orange juice + olive oil

* Lunch: 1 banana and 1 egg yolk (I ate it... but I'm not supposed to, this early)

* 1 Apple and salad with approx. 1 tomatoe, half a cucumber and avokado.

Total amount of OJ: 5 dl (with 2 tablespoons OO)

Later I'm going to eat 2 bananas, 1 kiwi. Is it enough? Am I "blending" it wrong...? I think I am..

:oops: :( Thanks for your help.. any advice is gratefully accepted.. or something like that. /Sara
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So far today you seem to do great! Just keep it up like this. :)

I find it doesn't really matter when you eat your protein i.c. egg yolk, except you might want to avoid be very active right after, to let the protein digest. The need for rest may become more apparent when you'll eat more egg yolks or fish.

("a lot" is the correct way btw, as is "tomato" and "avocado". :))
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thanks for the encouragement!

And thanks for pointing out my incorrect spelling, we spell avocado with "k" in sweden. (I have no excuse for "tomatoe" :lol: )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sara wrote:Thanks for the encouragement!

And thanks for pointing out my incorrect spelling, we spell avocado with "k" in sweden. (I have no excuse for "tomatoe" :lol: )
You're welcome! :)

And I think it was vice-president Dan Quayle (of the USA), who publicly spelled tomato wrong too, no there's nothing to be ashamed of. ;)
Sara

Post by Sara »

I'm breaking out. Could it be because I didn't eat enough yesterday? I am at day 7..
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No, but it can have other reasons. What did you eat?
Sara

Post by Sara »

I didn't eat much, hardly anything. I ate a pear, some satsumas and olive oil. This is my first setback, haven't got any pimples before this. Actually, it's cysts, I hate them! I don't know if the diet is working anymore. Maybe.. Since I'm only at day seven it's har to tell.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You are eating way too little.
not only are you loosing muscle protein, this causes the release of protein particles, which may cause acne.
I dont understand... Why do you eat too little??? :shock:
Sara

Post by Sara »

It was not my intention, I ran out of food. Now I have lots of food.

Well, anyways... My mom screams at me and says that this is sick, I can't possibly be eating enough (nutritients), why should I believe these people whom I don't even know, that the little amount of gelatin in vitaminpills CAN'T POSSIBLY BE HARMFUL, "so what if you have a pimple (I have cystic acne for GODS SAKE, it's easy for her to say since she doesn't have to live with this hell) don't come running back to me when your skeleton starts to break (and all that osteoporos... thing)" It's IMPOSSIBLE 'cause when she says something, she isn't going to back down. She also says that MUST EAT from all sides of the "food circle"?? you know the .. plate.. model.. I don't know what you call it. Everyday fare. "Do you think that the people on that WEBSITE knows better than the whole school system?? There are millions of diets which all say that THEY are the best..." "A teen should eat comprehensive!!!"
and that ANYBODY can write a book about for example,, aliens,, and that doesn't mean it's true.

I really don't know what to do. She refuses to read anything about this diet, when I say that it ISN'T written by teens she asks " and exactly HOW do you know that!?"

I just wanted to tell you all. She isn't going to force me of the diet (I think) but could anyone reassure me of that I aint going to get problems with my body when I get old, because of THIS DIET? She also says that I can't possibly.. wait, I already told you that.
Sara

Post by Sara »

She also says that I am going to get sick in a few months and that it'll take months to recover as well.
Sara

Post by Sara »

And (sorry for multiple posts) she refuses to believe it unless it is scientologically proven (sorry for incredibly bad spelling & probably wrong words)... AND SO MUCH MORE!