Help; what to eat? how much energy?? is this credible?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Sara wrote:My mom screams at me and says that this is sick, I can't possibly be eating enough (nutritients), why should I believe these people whom I don't even know
She SHOULD believe the USDA database.
Just show her what vitamins and minerals there are in fruits, fish and egg yolks.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
She refuses to read anything about this diet
Then show her that what is not written by us.
For everything she needs proof of, I can give you the scientific or governement information (like the USDA database)

could anyone reassure me of that I aint going to get problems with my body when I get old, because of THIS DIET?
As I wrote before; people in many countries around the world are proof: in African countries like Liberia and Ghana, and in asian countries such as Cambodia and Laos, they consume 100-fold less milk as in the US (what you drink in 4 days, they drink in a whole year), and osteoporosis is unknown among the elderly in these countries.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thank you so much. She refuses to read that (as well) but she says that it is OK for me to continue this diet - IF I take my vitamin pills. She says that the little amount of gelatin which is in the pill could never cause acne. I can't object, haven't tried yet. After two weeks maybe I could test them, even though I know that I the diet gives me all that my body needs, just for her.

And she also says that if I lose any more weight, I'll have to stop. I can understand that, I weigh about 50 kg's, maybe a little less and I'm 174 cm long. How should I gain weight? Thank you for quick answers, by the way. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sara wrote:she says that it is OK for me to continue this diet - IF I take my vitamin pills.
Well, just do that. You may not get acne from them anyway.
Preferably only start taking them once your skin has been totally cleared. then your mother can see the results. Then tell her that now you will start taking them so that if your skin does not tolerate them, you mum will see this.
she also says that if I lose any more weight, I'll have to stop.
That makes sense to me.
How should I gain weight?
By eating enough. You have been eating waaaaaay too little.
You should be eating much more and if that is too expensive, you best start including commercial juices into your diet, as they are the least harmful, and your skin may tolerate them.
You should constantly take sips from those juices to keep your blood sugar level up.
If that is still too expensive, you should start adding sugar and oil to those juices so that they give you more energy.

Very important: you should learn about your body's need for immediate energy. Whenever your blood energy level goes down a bit, you need to take a few bites of fruit or a sip of juice. for you its key to maintaining this diet...
Try to start listening to your body, as that is obviously what you didnt do before...
Sara

Post by Sara »

Well I have absolutely been listening to my bodys needs, it's just that we live far away from grocery stores and they are not open in the weekend. :cry:
But I have been eating fruits and drinking juices whenever I've felt 'down', so I'm good at that. (I think.) :wink: When I came home today I ate lots of bananas, 2 egg yolks, kiwis.. I'm stuffed right now. I'm going to try and gain weight, I think I need it.

This diet would be so much easier to maintain if I didn't live at home :x
Sara

Post by Sara »

oops, forgot. I added olive oil to that as well.
nick

Post by nick »

Sara,

I have been on this diet for more than a year and I had some blood tests that showed everything was in perfect condition.
Make sure to take juice whenever you leave the house and enough of of it, like several bottles, depending on how big they are.

My parents were so against this diet and once my skin cleared up and the blood tests came in positive, they were 'silenced'. The scientific logic makes too much sense for them!

I wish you the best of luck.
Determination is the key!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You can do it. :)

If it helps, you can mention that I do have a medical degree (dentist).
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thank you guys :)

Oscar:

If you are a dentist (or have been?), I need to ask you something. Are you sure that this diet is healthy for your teeth? I read in other threads but I'm not sure. I'm feeling the OJ isn't good for my teeth, well maybe I'm picky here but in the long run, doesn't it cause damage?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sara,

You dont need to stuff yourself. What you need to do, is to constantly supply your body with a little energy, so that there is not a moment that your blood energy level is low. This will prevent unwanted weightloss and give way for muscle gain.
The easiest way to do so, is by always having a bottle of juice around. (always carry a bag big enough to hold a bottle)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, of course what I have learned in my study (and current dental knowledge) was based on a cooked diet. So I have to go by my own experience and those of others where the Wai Diet is concerned.

I think the diet does make teeth stronger, yet the contact with eroding acids is bigger too. Originally I don't think there was any problem with a diet like this, and no brushing was needed (except by the tongue an/or food itself).
I'm not that sure about the condition of our teeth now, and if that deteriorates with age or not, so I think it's still good to brush, but more carefully and not that often (once a day, in the morning before eating anything). Read the other thread about exactly how to brush.

Another thing I don't know is, if how much, or how soon, cooked foods lower the strength of the teeth. If we assume that's the case, then switching from a standard diet to the Wai Diet could have some effects in the beginning. Lateron, when the teeth are stronger, it would be okay.