coffee, tea & wine

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
artjunkie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

coffee, tea & wine

Post by artjunkie »

Thanks, Oscar.

No, am still having one cup of coffee in the morning with cream. However, the half & half does not taste very good now. Have cut about half the coffee I used to drink (2 or 3 cups) first thing. Guess I needed the energy, or thought I did. Yesterday I had coffee in the afternoon and tea around five PM. Caffiene the problem?

Am curious as to why I no longer desire my glass (or 2) of wine at night. Anyone else have this happen? The thought of tasting it is unappealing.

Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cutting down or stopping coffee, tea, and alcohol too gives withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms are opposite to the effect the caffeine (or alcohol) has. The reason for withdrawal symptoms is, that the body always tries to keep a balance, so it will automatically try to compensate for 'alien' effects. If these effects cease or lessen, the body will temporarily overcompensate, which causes the withdrawal symptoms.

I think you will find you don't need the coffee or tea for energy anymore. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

BTW, the energy given by the coffee is not energy (as in calories), but stimulation of your activity level. This spike, however, is always followed by a low. The low makes you think you need coffee, but it was the coffee-high that created the low in the first place. without coffee, your energy levels will be more constant, and you dont feel the need for coffee.
Only drinking coffee you need coffee to keep the highs coming after the lows.
artjunkie

what a change

Post by artjunkie »

Hi there, today is day seven. Indeed, I have begun to cut down on the coffee and plan to have a half of cup in the morning tomorrow with the last of my cream. Noticed that I no longer think of hunger, but energy. Really helps to read the different concerns and solutions in the posts. My skin is a bit softer, not the aligator texture I had earlier in the week.

I noticed many of you are young. Are there any older folks (I am 60) out there using this diet? What I am amazed at are how different my joints are and swelling is going away, not to mention how much better my body works. Wish I had known. Wow.

Am having problem finding good nuts. So far have to use packaged shelled nuts. Makes fish a challenge as well. Will this make more of a difference if I can find fresh?

You guys are awesome.

Christina
RRM
Administrator

Re: what a change

Post by RRM »

artjunkie wrote:Noticed that I no longer think of hunger, but energy.
Ah, thats good; energy is really key to maintaining this diet.
Are there any older folks (I am 60) out there using this diet?
Yes, there are, but I always forget about the ages... so that cannot tell you who...
What I am amazed at are how different my joints are and swelling is going away, not to mention how much better my body works.
Internal swelling (in the joints, around connective tissue etc) greatly decreases your mobility, and the first thing this diet does, is decreasing water retention.
Am having problem finding good nuts. So far have to use packaged shelled nuts. Makes fish a challenge as well. Will this make more of a difference if I can find fresh?
Nuts or fish?
Regarding fish; yes, because this diet is much easier to maintain when you can get a hold of fresh fish.
Regarding nuts; not really. Of course good nuts are welcome (they are available online; check out the threads about this), but they are not as essential to this diet as fish.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My mom is 75 and on the diet, but she's not on the forum, because her english isn't good enough. She also experienced more energy, weight loss, disappearing back pains.

The shelled nuts probably aren't raw, since most shelling is done by heat. So it would be better not to eat them. Like RRM said, nuts aren't that important.
artjunkie

nuts and fish

Post by artjunkie »

Good to know about your Mom. How long has she been on this? Does she follow strickly?

Been only a week for me now. Can see this is going to be an adventure to find good stuff and keep refining. I live in the Sierras, otherwise known as redneck country (red meat, fast foods, and very heavy people). May have to drive to the city once a month to find these things.

I really enjoy nuts. The brazil nuts I found unshelled in a package recently, were rancid. :( Fish prepared as sashimi is 20 minutes away and do not know if it is fresh, but it tasted great. So far, egg yolks are my protein, though I see fruits, etc. have protein as well. Feeling very good, yet do not want to get bored with current resources. Will keep reading.

Thanks again for your responces. Christina
nick

Post by nick »

artjunkie,

Do have fresh eggs from people who raise their own chickens?
That would be perfect.

Is there a produce/fruit distributor near you?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: nuts and fish

Post by Oscar »

artjunkie wrote:Good to know about your Mom. How long has she been on this? Does she follow strickly?
About 8 months on the diet, 5 months 100% strict.
artjunkie

eggs and produce

Post by artjunkie »

Nick, Am looking and asking around for fresh eggs directly from a person who has chickens. I agree, that would be good.

There is no produce distributor here that I know of, so I go to the market about 20 minutes away as they have organic produce. They have organic eggs, but who knows how long they have been sitting there, that is why am searching for really fresh eggs. Hope I am not skating on thin ice with less than fresh eggs since I am eating at least 2 of them a day.

The farmers market is over until spring.

I plan to move up to Seattle area (outside the city) within the year, and think there will be more options there. And lots of fish! :D

Christina
RRM
Administrator

Re: eggs and produce

Post by RRM »

artjunkie wrote:am searching for really fresh eggs.
What matters is what condition the eggs are when you open them. People can tell you anything, but the texture of the yolks will tell it all.
http://www.waisays.com/eggs.htm
Hope I am not skating on thin ice with less than fresh eggs since I am eating at least 2 of them a day.
If you didnt get the runs from these eggs, they obviously were good enough.
benzapp

Re: what a change

Post by benzapp »

artjunkie wrote:Hi there, today is day seven. Indeed, I have begun to cut down on the coffee and plan to have a half of cup in the morning tomorrow with the last of my cream. Noticed that I no longer think of hunger, but energy. Really helps to read the different concerns and solutions in the posts. My skin is a bit softer, not the aligator texture I had earlier in the week.

I noticed many of you are young. Are there any older folks (I am 60) out there using this diet? What I am amazed at are how different my joints are and swelling is going away, not to mention how much better my body works. Wish I had known. Wow.

You guys are awesome.

Christina

I think young people follow the diet mostly because we are most familiar with the internet. My parents are around 60 and they just don't quite understand it.

I'm 28 and I've always had a propensity for joint problems however. I don't think Wai or RRM have ever really looked into it, but somehow I believe this diet removes something from your body that causes that kind of inflammation.

As for nuts, if you live in the US, there is a company called nutsonline.com

http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/brazilnu ... shell.html

You can get a 25 pound case of brazil nuts for $50, or $2.00 a pound. They are very fresh, and worth the price. Some stores will have them cheaper, but they are not as good. You will be amazed at how much better brazil nuts taste when they are fresh and in the shell.

Fish is a bit more difficult. I would go to the closest major city near you and try to find a wholesaler and try to work something out with them.
artjunkie

inflammation seems cured on Wai

Post by artjunkie »

Yes, it is interesting about the inflammation. Have (tested for) mild carpal tunnel, was bothered with it at night, weak during the day, and now it seems to have gone away completely. Also had achy knee joints and that is gone.

Last week I went off the diet, due to being drawn to the old way of eating, and oh, I did not feel good (and bloated up right away!).

Am back now to eating this Wai way, with a tad of cooked bacon and feel as good as I did the first two weeks. Even made a cooked breakfast for some friends this weekend, while I had avocado and bacon, etc. It was nice to know I can cook for others and still eat the way I need to.

Anyway, am sure I will get stronger as time goes along. Appreciate the link for nuts, benzapp! :)
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

getting around the friends is tough. they don't put the pressure on me. i think i put it on myself.