my story + calorie distribution helper

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
claireelis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

my story + calorie distribution helper

Post by claireelis »

hi there, i'm a slightly acne ridden american girl living in the netherlands. i am giving the wai approach a three month try not only for acne, but also for my health (upper and lower gastrointestinal issues). for the second issue i have tried lots of different diets, but never a high fat one for fear of getting fat, and i had also been a vegan, but no longer (it hasn't improved my health! i am thinking ppl are meant have some animal products, doesn't mean we can't treat animals with respect). after reading the free acne book and other information i feel really good about this diet :) !! i have been trying it out for the past 3 days - the first 2 went wonderfully. on the third i discovered that i can only combine egg yolks and oils with orange juice, but combining with other fruits (e.g. banana and watermelon) is too hard on my senstive stomach.

another thing i discovered may be helpful to other beginners. i find it easy to work with calorie distributions b/c i get a nice little graph when i fill it into http://www.nutridiary.com. i've found that basically per 'meal' the wai idea is to have a calorie distribution of approximately 60% fat and 40% carbs with traces of protein. moderators is this about right?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Claire, welcome on the forum. :)

First of all good luck on your journey on the Wai diet. Keep us informed how things are going, and ask anything you want to know.

If I look at my personal total calorie distribution per day, it's more like 50% carbs, 45% fat, 5% protein. Of course this doesn't mean it can't be different.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

thanks for the quick and informative reply! i hope to inform you of great succes in a few weeks :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:Of course this doesn't mean it can't be different.
Indeed. You may thrive on consuming lots of fat and little sugars, or the other way around, also depending on your activity level.
However, it is easier to control your blood sugar level while consuming a certain ratio of fat/sugars, but that doesnt mean you cannot succesfully do it differently.

Claireelis,
Can you please make sure to ask whenever you are not sure?
It doesnt make sense to loose time doing things not totally right while you could have received help / guidance from us.
So, dont hesitate to ask for help, ok?
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

thanks rrm!!!! as you can probably tell - i am now asking away under the (hopefully) appropriate subforums :)