how much protein a day and what about carbohydrates?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Anjana
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

how much protein a day and what about carbohydrates?

Post by Anjana »

hi there,
I've already asked a couple of questions on another post and because they have been answered brilliantly I'll ask some more. :lol:

I was having a conversation with a pharmacist today, well more a "natural alternatives expert?"..whatever, but he knows a lot about herbs, mixtures and so on....anyway I was talking to him about this diet and he was saying one should have about 50gr of protein a day...and I told him about me having 2 egg yolks a day and all that stuff about protein gettin dirty when heated etc. and he was ok with that but he thinks I'm not having enough protein with 2 egg yolks a day and that I should start eating bread or diary again so I get enough of it....

I don't just believe everything people tell me but he said that this diet should be alright for a couple of weeks or so but in the long run I'd be lacking protein and carbohydrates and that this could have negative effects on my body.

I've been following this diet for 2 weeks now and it has already shown effects on my skin so I'm impressed. but it looks like I'll have to start eating some carbohydrates again (I'm on the strict sample diet rightnow).
I'll be losing too much weight otherwise, I probably need more protein and I can't afford all the fruits so I need to add some other things....

the problem is that I don't know what could be least harmful...rice? quinoa? I'm probably gonna stay away from all the bread and stuff as I seem to have a problem with gluten.... :roll:
but eating rice for protein is nonsens as it needs to be cooked and that would only creat dirty protein, right?

what would be the best thing to add is my question...rightnow I'm eating all kind of fruits, avocados, different oils, some nuts, tomato and cucumber....what about some vegetables? I know they have substances that aren't good again....but I think sooner or later I'll have to add other stuff to this diet I just can't maintain it it's a shame....so what would be best to add? do I just have to stay under 15g protein a day (not really what the herbal guy would suggest is it) or what should I watch out for?

uuuh sorry I'm so confused rightnow.... :(
RRM
Administrator

Re: how much protein a day and what about carbohydrates?

Post by RRM »

Anjana wrote:he was saying one should have about 50gr of protein a day...
Fruits also contain protein.
Write down everything you eat for one whole day, and submit all this to the nutrient calculator: http://www.3.waisays.com/simple_calculator.html
and you will see that you ingest more protein than you think.
he thinks I'm not having enough protein with 2 egg yolks a day and that I should start eating bread or diary again so I get enough of it....
You dont need bread or milk at all, since there is nothing valuable in bread or milk that you cannot get from fruits or egg yolks.
But, you can indeed start eating more egg yolks once your skin is clear. Then you can find out how much protein from fresh raw egg yolks or fish your skin can cope with without breaking out again.
in the long run I'd be lacking protein and carbohydrates and that this could have negative effects on my body.
Carbohydrates?
Fruits are filled with carbohydrates!
dont just believe me, or him. Instead, simply submit your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator.
I've been following this diet for 2 weeks now and it has already shown effects on my skin so I'm impressed.
Perfect. Than you can start increasing your egg yolk intake to 3 or 4 yolks a day, and then gradually more to see what the effects are. Maybe you can even eat 10 a day. Or better, maybe you can start eating raw salmon or tuna?
but it looks like I'll have to start eating some carbohydrates again (I'm on the strict sample diet rightnow).
Fruits contain lots of sucrose, fructose and glucose, which are all carbohydrates. Please check out the calculator.
I'll be losing too much weight otherwise, I probably need more protein and I can't afford all the fruits so I need to add some other things....
If you are losing weight, you are simply eating too little.
If you cannot afford it, you can experiment buying commercial juices, and see how well your skin can cope with that (they are the least harmful, compared to other foods)
Also, you can make your own juices and add sugar and oil to it, so that you get more energy, to prevent weightloss.
but eating rice for protein is nonsens as it needs to be cooked and that would only creat dirty protein, right?
Yes. the same with quinoa.
First see how far you can get with commercial juices or adding sugar and oil to juices made by fresh fruits.
Lets take it one step at the time, okay?
what about some vegetables?
They contain too little energy, and extra energy is what you need now.
Also, raw vegetables are too hard to digest, so that you would only get thinner.
do I just have to stay under 15g protein a day (not really what the herbal guy would suggest is it) or what should I watch out for?
The 15 g protein is only about protein from cooked foods, not about total protein intake, which is 4-fold higher.
First let us see how much of a help commercial juices are, as they are cheap!
We need to focus on having you ingesting enough energy every day. That is by far the most important issue right now, okay?
We need to make sure you dont lose any more weight.
sorry I'm so confused rightnow.... :(
thats totally okay; just stay calm and we will work everything out.
You can do it. Just take your time to learn how to do this diet right for YOU. Many people have very little money, but then its still possible to make this diet work.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:The 15 g protein is only about protein from cooked foods, not about total protein intake, which is 4-fold higher.

Is the 15g measure based on the actual amount of protein or the gross weight of the food? (Let's say two slices of bread contain 15g of protein total but weigh 80g, is it consider I am eating 15g or 80g of protein?) I know that fish is not 100% protein, so I have gone on thinking that it has to do with total weight instead of the precise amount of protein content.

Seth
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Is the 15g measure based on the actual amount of protein or the gross weight of the food?
On the actual amount of protein.
It is explained here:
http://www.freeacnebook.com/47-53.htm#53

Anjana, this 15 g rule does not apply to you (yet), as you first need to make your skin as clear as you want it to be, and then start eating some 'bad food' occasionally to see what the response of your skin is. Only if everything works out fine, and you dont get any new spots, you can start thinking about eating some munch food daily.
If you do it too soon, you will very likely break out heavily. So, first you need to learn what your skin can cope with.
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

RRM,
thanks for answering all my questions, I really appreciate it! :wink:

so what you're saying is I should start buying normal pressed orange juice in a supermarket or so, mix it with some oil and drink that spread over the day? this would give me more energy and prevent me from losing too much weight? and it would be better in your opinion that starting to eat some rice or carbohydrates or whatever?

I know I must sound silly but it's just starting to scare me a little and I'm getting in trouble. If I want to do it right I have to eat fruits all the time combined with oil. This means I need loads of fruits daily plus I'm using up a bottle of oil in like no time. Not to forget all the eggs,avocados, tomatoes and cucumbers. I got a very understanding mum so far and she even carries home stuff for me although I'm of course paying for part of it myself. Before this diet food went on her bill but now she is finding it a bit of a problem and I started to pay for it too. Because I'm studying I have quite a lot of expenses and I already got a job to pay for them it's not that I sit on the sofa and let other people pay for all my stuff. But this food-thing just takes away all my money and I'm broke all the time. I don't have the time to take up yet another job because that will take away all my study-time.
also, my mum made it clear that she won't support this diet in the long run because of the money and her worries about me losing weight (I'm 53kg rightnow to 1,73cm). So I really need to change this somehow because as soon as she stops paying for the main part of all the food I need it will be the end of doing this diet correctly.

It might be easy to do if you live alone or are independant but if you're a young person like me, not on your own feeds yet and living in a family-household it isn't that easy. I'm getting pressured all the time to please eat some bread again or at least rice or quinoa or just SOMETHING from that section but I'm refusing so far as I just came of tane and this is actually the real time now where I can see if it affects my skin.
It is absolutely clear rightnow and I never had anything like it during my course of tane and that's why I so desperately want to maintain this diet.
The only thing is that I got some "blemishes" more like rash-spots on my legs since I started to eat all those nuts but I stopped eating nuts all together and balance my fruits with oil, I hope this rash goes away then cause I never had it before....so it's probably the nuts...what do you think?

I think I can go on like this for one or two mroe weeks but then I HAVE to add something else...I'm even translating the whole book of wai into german so my mum can read it and understand what the hell I'm doing....so far I succeeded in convincing her that raw egg yolk will NOT kill me :lol:

But does this juice thing make any sense if it's commercial juice...? doesn't that have way more additives and god knows what in it than say a bowl of cooked rice?
My problem is just that I need to add other things so I don't have to buy all those fruits anymore and that it all gets a bit easier......
I'm so frustrated rightnow you can't imagine it is SO great to come upon something that keeps your skin clear, FINALLY and then you find out that it is way too expensive and goes against all parental/friend's/expert's advice.... :cry: ....and the other reason why I want to stick to it is my cellulite, it isn't really that bad but I've had it for oh I don't know about 8-9 years and I tried to get rid of it so many times, I worked out like crazy, I drank water like a camel, I starved myself over weeks, I bought creams....it's just ridiculous....but if all it takes would be changing my diet and some good healthy exercise like walking then one can do it, right?
My legs would be perfect without that damn cellulite :wink: and hey I'm 19 I still "need" my legs :wink:

Anyway, sorry about all that nonsens I'm talking but you guys seem so nice so I just write down what's on my mind......assuming it wouldn't cause me to break out do you think some cooked rice or things like that every now and then would cause a lot of damage? Even if it doesn't affect my skin I don't want to hold up the cellulite-please-fuck-off-process too much :wink:
I mean I'm willing to stay away from chocolate and all the really bad munch foods and have "filling-weight-stable-holding-mum-silencing-products" instead...so there MUST be a solution to all of this..am I really the only broke desperate student living in a country where fruits cost a fortune and people look at you like "oh dear are you eating enough?"??? :shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Anjana wrote: I should start buying normal pressed orange juice in a supermarket or so, mix it with some oil and drink that spread over the day?
If you cannot use fresh fruits due to too high costs, thats the best alternative there is.
this would give me more energy and prevent me from losing too much weight?
Yes, preventing unwanted weight loss is about keeping your blood sugar levels high enough (and consuming sufficient protein, of course, from fresh raw egg yolks or raw fish)
it would be better in your opinion than starting to eat some rice or carbohydrates or whatever?
Regarding acne?
absolutely.
By the way; carbohydrates = sugars (long and short ones)
Carbohydrates are not foods. Carbohydrates are present in most foods (including fruits), except for animal foods.
it's just starting to scare me a little and I'm getting in trouble... I have quite a lot of expenses
Commercial juices are very cheap and therefore the answer to your problems. Its cheaper than eating normal foods.

I'm getting pressured all the time to please eat some bread again or at least rice or quinoa or just SOMETHING from that section
Ask them if its for the carbohydrates.
If they say "yes", then tell them juices contain all the carbohydrates you need.
It is absolutely clear rightnow
Congratulations!
start buying those super-cheap juices!!!

I got some "blemishes" more like rash-spots on my legs since I started to eat all those nuts ...what do you think?
Most likely indeed; nuts are well known for causing allergic-like reactions in some.
I'm even translating the whole book of wai into german so my mum can read it and understand what the hell I'm doing....so far I succeeded in convincing her that raw egg yolk will NOT kill me :lol:
Perfect. I gratulate you on your perseverence!
And since you managed to do that, you will also manage to find your own way.
PLEASE try those cheap commercial juices. Boy them in bottles, or in a carton box and poor that into an empty plastic (spa/fanta/coke) bottle, so that you can carry the juice with you wherever you go.
But does this juice thing make any sense if it's commercial juice...? doesn't that have way more additives and god knows what in it than say a bowl of cooked rice?
Your acne is not caused by the additives, and sugar added, but by the 'dirty protein' which is in rice quite much, but very very little in commercial juices.
Just try, and you will see.

My problem is just that I need to add other things so I don't have to buy all those fruits anymore and that it all gets a bit easier......
Strictly, all you need are juices and animal food. Everything else is extra.
Thats how I do it since 1995. The only difference is that I use fresh juices.
Once your diet is that cheap (commercial juices plus some egg yolks / fish), your mother will buy you some whole fresh fruits and salad anyway, as she is your mother and wants you to be healthy.

I'm so frustrated rightnow you can't imagine it is SO great to come upon something that keeps your skin clear, FINALLY and then you find out that it is way too expensive and goes against all parental/friend's/expert's advice.... :cry: ....
Thats a lot of energy!
You can use that energy to learn how this diet is healthy. Learn the scientific facts, so that you have the knowledge required to convince others that you know exactly what you are doing.
And... it doesnt have to be too expensive at all.
You can do.
It just takes from you to try it.
...cellulite... if all it takes would be changing my diet and some good healthy exercise like walking then one can do it, right?
Right.
assuming it wouldn't cause me to break out do you think some cooked rice or things like that every now and then would cause a lot of damage?
Probably.
Just try.
there MUST be a solution to all of this..
There is: constantly ingest enough energy.
So, take your (commercial) juices with you wherever you go.
Eat raw egg yolks / fish.
And then only eat as much salad and fruits as your mother can afford.
Anjana

Post by Anjana »

RRM,
thank you it must seem very funny to you talking to someone who is so dependant on her mother :lol: but hey c'est la vie and it won't be forever my own kitchen will be very fruity one day :wink:

ok I'll try out the juice way but how much oil do you add to let's say 0.5l or 1l of such commercial orange juice? do I have to add sugar? I'm very sceptical about that because of acne.....and if you do add sugar, what kind of sugar do you add? brown or white sugar? Isn't the juice on it's own enough? I think I heard about you running a restaurant or something or well being on the go all the time so I understand you probably need a lot of energy but I'm more laid-back and I actually feel I have more energy since I started this diet so maybe I should start off with juice+oil and then when I feel it isn't enough add some sugar? and does it make a difference if it says "from concentrate" or ahm...well the opposite? what's best?

and then I got some other questions, I love dried fruit and I often have it in the evening after my salad instead of chocolate. but I can't combine it with nuts anymore at the moment so do I have to dip it in oil or will a piece of dried ananas and maybe an apricot or so cause a big shift in my blood sugar level? I know dried is more sweet...but even if it's so little?

oh and why is it tomato and cucumber that are included in the salad? I read about all the vegetables that aren't included because of the substances that inhibit digestion and so on (is that the main reason?) but aren't tomato and cucumber just the same or are they the least harmful?
and how the heck do you peel a tomato without throwing it into hot water? (I figured I shouldn't do that because it involves heat? :D )
so far I'm only peeling the cucumber but I'd like to peel the tomato as well, if possible without pulling half of it off :lol:

oh yea and I just had a conversation with my dear mum an hour ago and we figured that it probably doesn't cost way more it's just that we have to go shopping more frequently and our waste is full a lot quicker......the problem so far is dried fruit as nearly every package of dried fruit has "E202" or whatever in it and it's best if they are just dried with no additives right? or do you think E202 and whatever Es there are isn't too much of a problem? cause if you want to buy really ONLY dried fruit you have to go to a special health store and they sell you like 4 apricots in a very delicate bag and it costs a fortune it's ridiculous :roll:

and one more question...what about tea and coffee? I don't see myself without tee or coffee in the long run. coffee is probably bad because of the coffein but what is wrong with tea...because it comes from plants and plants are bad? but it is so little in one of those tea bags.....do you think tea and/or coffee can cause acne? is there any way I can start drinking coffee or tea on "a save basis" with this diet? :D
I was a notorious coffee junkie over the past 10 years or so, so I really do put a lot of energy and commitment in this freakin diet! :lol:

RRM, do you honestly drink orange juice mixed with oil and sugar all day long? do you eat anything apart from raw fish/egg yolk? are you ok? :lol: the oil is to prevent acid "burning" or so right but isn't it a bit one sided if you drink only the juice of oranges? don't you lack all the vitamins from other fruits?

thanks for helping ignorant little me :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Anjana wrote: ok I'll try out the juice way but how much oil do you add to let's say 0.5l or 1l of such commercial orange juice?
That depends on how much you feel is alright regarding taste. Try one tablespoon first. The next day, try 2 tablespoons. That would be okay.
do I have to add sugar? I'm very sceptical about that because of acne.....and if you do add sugar, what kind of sugar do you add? brown or white sugar?
Only if you lack energy and dont have the money to buy more juice, then you need to add sugar. If you lose weight, you lack energy. So, first see whether you manage taking in enough juice. If its not enough, drink more. If you cannot buy more, then add sugar. If you add sugar, it should be white sugar. Sugar does not cause acne, at all.
Isn't the juice on it's own enough?
If you drink enough juice, yes it is enough on its own.
maybe I should start off with juice+oil and then when I feel it isn't enough add some sugar?
Exactly.
and does it make a difference if it says "from concentrate" or ahm...well the opposite? what's best?
Its best to consume fresh juice, but thats too expensive for you. Then you can buy commercial 'fresh juice', and if thats still too expensive, then you buy juice from concentrate.
I love dried fruit ...I can't combine it with nuts anymore at the moment so do I have to dip it in oil or will a piece of dried ananas and maybe an apricot or so cause a big shift in my blood sugar level? I know dried is more sweet...but even if it's so little?
You can eat it without oil if you just consume very little, and do it in accordance with your direct need for energy. So try to 'feel' how much energy you need, and eat accordingly to it. The smaller your 'meals' the easier that is.
why is it tomato and cucumber that are included in the salad?
They are not vegetables, but fruit-vegetables. They are very easy to digest. Totally okay.
how the heck do you peel a tomato without throwing it into hot water? (I figured I shouldn't do that because it involves heat? :D )
so far I'm only peeling the cucumber but I'd like to peel the tomato as well, if possible without pulling half of it off :lol:
No hot water indeed.
all you need is a very sharp knife, and then you can cut the peel as thin as you like.

the problem so far is dried fruit as nearly every package of dried fruit has "E202"
Thats no problem.
Additives are no problem regarding acne.
I don't see myself without tee or coffee in the long run.
Once your skin is totally clear, you can start experimenting with how much your skin can cope with without breaking out.
Maybe your skin can perfectly well cope with a cup of coffee every morning.
coffee is probably bad because of the coffein but what is wrong with tea...
Not because of the caffeine, but because of the protein. Dry tea is 26% protein.
do you think tea and/or coffee can cause acne?
I know they can, but whether they will cause acne in you depends on how much other bad stuff you consume and on how sensitive your skin is.
The only way to find out is by trying: Keep doing everything the same, and then start drinking a cup of coffee every morning. Maybe your skin doesnt mind.
RRM, do you honestly drink orange juice mixed with oil and sugar all day long?
All day long, and even at night.
do you eat anything apart from raw fish/egg yolk?
At night I eat my yolks / fish, but most of the times I first eat my cucumber-tomatoe-avocado salad with oil, vinegar and chives (and a little sugar)
are you ok? :lol: the oil is to prevent acid "burning" or so right but isn't it a bit one sided if you drink only the juice of oranges? don't you lack all the vitamins from other fruits?
Cucumber, tomatoe and avocadoes are fruits too. Sometimes I eat some banana as well. And no, the calculator says that I dont lack any nutrient.
thanks for helping ignorant little me :wink:
You dont seem ignorant to me at all.
I think you are brave and persistant, so I say: good going girl!!! 8)