Starting the diet: bloated and gassy

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Roman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Starting the diet: bloated and gassy

Post by Roman »

Hi everybody.

I've started just a partial Wai diet some days ago, starting to eat larger quantity of fruits a day (1 avocado,5/6 tangerines, 150 ml fresh OJ, 4 kiwi, 2 apples, 2 bananas, 8/10 dried figs, 20 hazelnuts and 5/6 walnuts) and trying to reduce bread and pasta (remember, I'm Italian...).

I'm eating very often (each 2 hours) and I'm eating fruits always with olive oil (my production) or hazelnuts or walnuts.

I'm not mixing fruits, but I'm eating them separately (ex. 2 bananas now, 2 apples in two hours, and so on).

Yesterday I've had my first avocado in my life, and my first VERY FRESH RAW egg yolk (my production).

I'd like to try (next week) SASHIMI in a Japanese Restaurant in Rome because I've never tried it yet. However it's very difficult to find RAW FRESH SALMON here, maybe I could find another kind of fish.

I'm 42 years old, I'd like to stay on this diet to prevent degenerative deseases and possibly CANCER and to stay healthy as long as I can.

I've never been suffered from acne, but I've a chronic gastritis and reflux also.

NOW THE PROBLEM:

Since starting this "partial diet" I'm feeling so bloated and VERY VERY VERY FULL OF GAS. My belly sounds like a thunderstorm in approach...
I feel also a fairly weak stomach pain, something like NAUSEA.

I'd like to know if larger quantity of fiber (fruits) may cause these symptoms or if it's normal when changing diet in general.

(I just know avocado is not the problem because I ate it for the first time yesterday and my symptoms started a few days ago)

Thanks a lot and sorry in advance for making "translation mistakes".
RRM
Administrator

Re: Starting the diet: a thunderstorm is arriving... (fiber)

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:Since starting this "partial diet" I'm feeling so bloated and VERY VERY VERY FULL OF GAS.
Thats because you ingest lots of fiber now, whereas you may not have done so priorly.
sollution: ingest less fiber by consuming more juices (not smoothies, but extracted juices) instead of whole fruits, until you have the right balance for you.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe the dried fruit and the nuts make the amount of fiber too much?
Roman

Post by Roman »

RRM wrote: Thats because you ingest lots of fiber now, whereas you may not have done so priorly.
sollution: ingest less fiber by consuming more juices (not smoothies, but extracted juices) instead of whole fruits, until you have the right balance for you.
RRM, Wai said "our most natural food, fruit, does not contain much fiber : 2% average, but does move the bowels".

So it's not the fiber in fruits that moves my bowels (too much, indeed, I've unformed stool, nearly dhiarrea, less solid than before... sorry :? ), but something else... what?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:So it's not the fiber in fruits that moves my bowels (too much, indeed,
Fruit does not contain much fiber per weight, but we easily eat a LOT of fruit (to ingest enough energy), which may very well cause the gasses in you. The formation of gasses is not at all unnatural. In contrast to carnivores, herbivores are naturally gassy and have swollen bellies, because of the fiber.
So, really, try to consume very little fiber for a while (by drinking lots of filtered juices), and you will experience the big difference.