need clarification on protein daily intake

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
haraldsmith
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

need clarification on protein daily intake

Post by haraldsmith »

is the 15g of dirty protein per day in conjuction with the normal amount of clean protein you take in per day?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Wow, good question haraldsmith, I'd like to know too.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That depends. Some are very susceptible to acne, and need to keep their clean protein intake below a certain level. For most of them dirty protein would be a no-no.
In some who are susceptible to acne, high intakes of clean protein have no adverse effects, but the lowest intakes of dirty protein already has.
If you are not susceptible to acne, you dont have to worry much about the level of clean protein intake, so that 15 gram dirty protein may be additional.
jfk

Post by jfk »

RRM wrote:In some who are susceptible to acne, high intakes of clean protein have no adverse effects, but the lowest intakes of dirty protein already has. If you are not susceptible to acne, you dont have to worry much about the level of clean protein intake, so that 15 gram dirty protein may be additional.
Is too much protein (clean protein) bad for you for other reasons, besides acne? What about the 'acid ash' theory? - (Is there a thread about this already?)

http://www.answers.com/topic/acid-ash-diet
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... oral2.html

especially the last four or so paragraphs.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I like the second link.
Consuming too much protein however does increase the nitrogen load. Nitrogen (from protein) is converted into ammonium and ureum subsequently, and the former has toxic properties (and the latter mildy toxic). This may explain why species with relatively low protein diets live longer than high-protein consuming species (such as carnivores).
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

RRM wrote:If you are not susceptible to acne, you dont have to worry much about the level of clean protein intake, so that 15 gram dirty protein may be additional.
I tend to have some cellulite so is the above true in regards to that ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Cellulite, unfortunately, also depends on the level of raw protein intake, but the individual appropriate level is much harder to establish, as the results are not directly visible (unlike in acne).
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

RRM wrote:Cellulite, unfortunately, also depends on the level of raw protein intake, but the individual appropriate level is much harder to establish, as the results are not directly visible (unlike in acne).
So in the case of cellulite where you can not see immediate results, is it wise to go lower on the raw protein ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

twinee1 wrote:in the case of cellulite where you can not see immediate results, is it wise to go lower on the raw protein ?
Certainly not lower than the amounts recommended in the Acne Sample Diet.
Actually, it is possible to see the difference; when consuming just a little too much protein in general, you skin already retains more water. Its not easy to notice the difference, but possible.
Its wise to limit your overal protein intake to a 'safe level' (which is individually different, unfortunately); not too little, and not so much that it makes you retain more water.
Maybe you can notice the difference?
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

RRM wrote:
twinee1 wrote:in the case of cellulite where you can not see immediate results, is it wise to go lower on the raw protein ?
Certainly not lower than the amounts recommended in the Acne Sample Diet.
Actually, it is possible to see the difference; when consuming just a little too much protein in general, you skin already retains more water. Its not easy to notice the difference, but possible.
Its wise to limit your overal protein intake to a 'safe level' (which is individually different, unfortunately); not too little, and not so much that it makes you retain more water.
Maybe you can notice the difference?
I will see if I notice a difference. It is a tough one as visablilty of cellulite also depends on lighting and it is afterall behind me...lol....What I can notice is the qaulity of the skin above my knees. It is my problem area. Some days it seems more dry and papery than others.

After years of HI Protein diets, then dropping into the RAW Food Diet the last 18 months, my protein has gone very low. So that has been one thing I thought about. When I went from the Hi Protein diet then to the Raw Food Diet with low protein for almost two years now it SEEMS that any cellulite would have disappears in the time on the RAW Food diet. I have after all a lenghth of time w/o ANY cooked protein in my diet.

So what did I miss the last 18 months eating a Raw Food Diet ? :?:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe not everything on your raw food diet was totally raw?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What did you eat, exactly?
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

RRM wrote:What did you eat, exactly?
fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, green drinks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Did you always remove the nutshells yourself?
Also, by consuming foods that are hard to digest in their raw form (veggies/greens), protein digestion may be less complete, which may also result in water retention.
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

RRM wrote:Did you always remove the nutshells yourself?
Also, by consuming foods that are hard to digest in their raw form (veggies/greens), protein digestion may be less complete, which may also result in water retention.
I bought almonds that were raw organic but shelled.

SO Now I am only eating Brazil nuts and shelling myself.

I am following the Wai diet now, took me a few weeks to transition to it.

So we will see in a few months what the results are.

Since I have your attention, is the munch food ANYTHING ? Like can I have a few pieces of Chocolate ? won't that affect results ?