Hormonal release during low blood sugar

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hormonal release during low blood sugar

Post by Thomas »

The body releases a series of hormones (epinephrine, norep., cortisol...) in response to low blood sugar. These hormones can then trigger such responses as nervousness, anxiety, weakness, lack of concentration, etc.

However, I have noticed that these feelings diminish the moment I have consumed some sort of food (before there has been a chance for proper digestion/assimilation).

My question: Does the body have a mechanism for recognizing food consumption which then immediately diminishes the release of these stress hormones?

Are these stress hormones being released the moment one feels hungry?

Thomas
RRM
Administrator

Re: Hormonal release during low blood sugar

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:My question: Does the body have a mechanism for recognizing food consumption which then immediately diminishes the release of these stress hormones?
Yes, indeed.
Its tricky, because even insulin is released when you are eating, so that if you suddenly have to stop eating, for whatever reason, the insulin may already have taken glucose from your blood, leaving you feel weak, and hungry, even if you werent as you were going to eat.
Are these stress hormones being released the moment one feels hungry?
Yes, but they may also get released when you smell cooked foods, or even when you see them on tv. Thats also a reason why people find it so hard to loose weight / not to gain weight, as they may actually feel hungry when there is no need for energy...