IBS

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Brahmaloka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

Dear Jayburd

I have IBS too. My type is IBS-D and yours appears to be IBS-C.

They both have the same cause. A brain disorder. The part of your brain that controls the small intestine is defective.

Your brain only controls some parts of the small intestine and not others. Fibre not fruit is the cause of the symptoms. Cooked meat paralyses the intestine and relieves the symptoms.

Go here to read my research...
http://www.geocities.com/brahmaloka.geo

I am not finished my research but have developed several diets (not Wais... it is not suitable for IBS as it has fibre in it) that treat IBS.
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Re: IBS

Post by RRM »

Brahmaloka wrote:(not Wais... it is not suitable for IBS as it has fibre in it)
The Wai diet contains as little (or much) fiber as you want; consuming only pressed or centrifugated juices and fresh raw animal food you will ingest very little fiber...
Brahmaloka

IBS and Wais diet

Post by Brahmaloka »

I have been trying for six months to get an ultra low fiber version of Wais diet to work.

When I eat fruit juice (seived) and raw fish I feel great, and do not get hungry, but I lose weight quickly. That is 2-3 kilos a month.

When I add egg yolks, or nuts, or oil, or animal fats (chewable) to try and gain weight, the extra fat is not digested, comes through into the colon and causes diarrhoea...

Adding a dairy protein meal with extra fats and everything works fine.

eg. 250g cottage cheese plus 100mL double cream plus one kiwifruit.
(the kiwifruit is necessary to prevent constipation by the pasteurized dairy protein)

www.ibsexplained.com
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Regarding losing weight:
- maybe your ideal weight is lower than you think it should be?
- you could add sugar (or honey) to juices to increase the possible energy uptake
benzapp

Re: IBS and Wais diet

Post by benzapp »

Brahmaloka wrote:I have been trying for six months to get an ultra low fiber version of Wais diet to work.

When I eat fruit juice (seived) and raw fish I feel great, and do not get hungry, but I lose weight quickly. That is 2-3 kilos a month.

When I add egg yolks, or nuts, or oil, or animal fats (chewable) to try and gain weight, the extra fat is not digested, comes through into the colon and causes diarrhoea...

Adding a dairy protein meal with extra fats and everything works fine.

eg. 250g cottage cheese plus 100mL double cream plus one kiwifruit.
(the kiwifruit is necessary to prevent constipation by the pasteurized dairy protein)

I'm really not a fan of discussing defecation, but how do you know this fat is not digested? Do you look in a toilet bowl and see globs of oil in the water? Hydrophobic oils and fats will separate in water. I have never heard of such a problem, but I can't believe this diet has anything to do with it.

It sort of seems like you are jumping to conclusions. You will not have very solid stools on this diet, but that does not mean you are having diarrhea. Diarrhea is a potentially serious reaction that can result in dehydration leading to death. Is that really what is going on here?

And oscar is right. If you aren't tired and you aren't hungry, chances are your ideal weight is lower than you think. What is your age/sex/current weight?
Brahmaloka

Low Fiber

Post by Brahmaloka »

Yes there is fat in the stool. It floats on the top and will not flush.

Diarrhoea is what I have. I am an expert on diarrhoea. I have IBS-D, that is continual diarrhoea when fiber is present (on Wais diet). My brain has no control over the speed of the small intestine. I prevent diarrhoea by eating cooked meat or dairy protein (paralyses my small intestine).

Read...

I am 68kg (178cm) at 56 yo.

I could lose several more kilos without damage but I have not much left.

I am eating plenty of glucose and sugar (100-150g/day)

Do you think that if I reduced my body fat to zero then it would start manufacturing its own fat?
www.ibsexplained.com
Marty

Fat

Post by Marty »

There is Western medical term, "steatorrhea," which refers to fat malabsorption.

In having colitis in the past, I too experienced this.
benzapp

Re: Low Fiber

Post by benzapp »

Brahmaloka wrote:Yes there is fat in the stool. It floats on the top and will not flush.

Diarrhoea is what I have. I am an expert on diarrhoea. I have IBS-D, that is continual diarrhoea when fiber is present (on Wais diet). My brain has no control over the speed of the small intestine. I prevent diarrhoea by eating cooked meat or dairy protein (paralyses my small intestine).

Read...

I am 68kg (178cm) at 56 yo.

I could lose several more kilos without damage but I have not much left.

I am eating plenty of glucose and sugar (100-150g/day)

Do you think that if I reduced my body fat to zero then it would start manufacturing its own fat?
I think that this diet presumes that you are in good health. I do not know much about IBS, other than the fact it sounds largely psychosomatic and that most doctors assign any non-life threatening bowel disorder with an unknown cause as IBS. Never the less,clearly, your baseline bowel function is an unusual case.

Your inability to digest fats I believe is a more serious problem than you realize. If this is a recent issue, I'd see a doctor soon. Your gallbladder is not functioning properly, and this is unrelated to diet.

Basically, I really don't see how any diet can the solution to your problem - the benefits of drinking milk purely comes from the opioid found therein. You could be popping codeine all day and get the same effect.
Marty

causes

Post by Marty »

In any case, if something disagrees with you and damages the bowel wall subtly over time-- whether gluten or fiber or something else; we all have individual sensitivities-- you may find your bowel function impaired until you ease off those substances.

In the same way, if you are sunburned and repeatedly go out to extreme degrees in bright sunshine, or at high altitude, you will damage the skin more so than if you allowed the original sunburn to heal.

In this way you could not say that the skin damage is 'psychosomatic,' any more than working oneself into a difficult corner due to overtaxing or wrongly using a certain organ is intentional self-injury.

Perhaps through working through the suggestions and information on this website, this party who is so patiently posting will find good information that will help to resolve this bowel problem. It is indeed difficult to eat with this type of problem with the ongoing problem of having something disagree with you. It thwarts the basic instinct of hunger and is far more complex and difficult, in many cases, than deserves to be called psychosomatic.
Brahmaloka

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

IBS is not psychosomatic. IBS is a real BRAIN DISEASE like Parkinson's. My digestive system has nothing wrong with it. This is the principal way of diagnosing IBS. The doctors can find nothing wrong in my guts!

I have lived with it for many years and so did my grandmother.

My liver function is normal and I produce plenty of bile (when I eat cooked meat, fat and fiber OR dairy proteins and fats)

On Wais diet I get very ill as it has no anesthetic foods in it. I get bile salt diarrhoea! The raw enzymes from the small intestine burn my anus badly.

On fruit juice and raw fish I have a 36 hour plus turnaround which is adequate.

When I add fat to this I get diarrohea with fat present in the stool...

I get the psychosomatic angle from lots of people. I have started an education project to try and raise IBS awareness. But gee, shit is not popular, and changing attitudes is hard. It is going to be a long project.
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brahmaloka wrote:IBS is a real BRAIN DISEASE like Parkinson's. My digestive system has nothing wrong with it. This is the principal way of diagnosing IBS. The doctors can find nothing wrong in my guts!
If the doctors cant find it, it doesnt necessarily mean there is nothing wrong...
If your bowels need the sedation, something seems to be wrong with your bowels, no?
The raw enzymes from the small intestine burn my anus badly.
Which isnt normal, and the problem seems to be located right there, no?
The burning stimulates the bowels to get rid of that what 'is burning' inside; hence everything is removed, as your bowels cannot be selectively emptied.
What makes your bowels so vulnerable to, maybe acids?
Brahmaloka

IBS

Post by Brahmaloka »

You are displaying the narrow focus that the name of the disorder creates...

IBS = Irritable Bowel Syndrome

So there must be something wrong with the bowels!

Short sighted thinking and you definitely have not got IBS. If you had your tune would soon change. Put yourself in my place...

Every morning I got food poisoning. My bowels ejected everything I had eaten the day before with bile salt diarrhoea. I went downhill at express speed.

Exhaustive tests on my bowels gave them a clean sheet. Nothing wrong!
You have IBS-D they said, have some morphine, go home and vegetate.

I used my brain and started research. Apart from my bowels other symptoms pointed to my brain. I learned how the digestive system works by trial and error. You cannot get it from books or websites! I found Wai and her work gave me vital clues. Especially HCAs and opioid peptides in dairy.

Read this carefully please...

The speed of the small intestine is regulated by the brain. Food should take 36 hours or so to transit.

In IBS-D the regulation is absent. The brain has ceased controlling the digestion. When there is no regulation the small intestine goes at default speed. This is very fast.

In IBS-C the regulation is patchy. The brain controls onlysome parts of the small intestine. So if the front part goes fast and the middle part is controlled you get bloating, cramping and constipation.

In IBS-A you get alternating symptoms switching from D to C. I am unsure of the exact cause of this type of IBS but have many theories which you may read...

All types are treated by the same diets. Low fiber, containing cooked meat or dairy proteins or both. Anesthetic foods!!! They slow down the fast parts of the small intestine and enable reasonably correct digestion.

I would still like to get a version of Wais diet to work for IBS but have given up for now, but may try again in future. I have located a supply of raw organic milk. I have to drive 100K to get it but then stock up with a months supply. I am going to turn this into yoghurt and cheese and find out how to eat it over the next few months. It should be much better than the pasteurized junk I have been eating.
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brahmaloka wrote:The speed of the small intestine is regulated by the brain.
Not just the brain; its an interaction. The brain can only respond to what the bowels tell the brain. Then the brain gives new orders. So, it doesnt have to be the brain.
The mere fact that the doctors cannot find anything, does not at all mean there is nothing wrong with your bowels.
In IBS-D the regulation is absent.
Not absent. Disturbed, or out of sync, or simply unable to compensate.
When there is no regulation the small intestine goes at default speed.
There is no default speed. Its not a machine.
The speed constantly changes, depending on lots of variables.
To me, you are trying to find a cure instead of finding out what exactly is wrong. Insisting on one cause / pathway (brains) is not helpful when you need to find out. It might be helpful to also consider that it might be a disorder of your intestines.
My guess is that you need to find out what causes the burning sensation, as that is a signal...
Brahmaloka

regulation

Post by Brahmaloka »

When the brain stops sending regulation signals to the small intestine then it has a default setting.

This setting is fast... that is at maximum speed...

It starts going at this speed when stimulated by fiber, but normally the brain gives a feedback signal so that the speed is controlled (assumimg no HCAs are consumed).

In cases of food poisoning this is how the brain gets rid of the offending food. It removes regulation and the intestine speeds up.

My brain gives no feedback at all. If I eat cereals/beans/veggies with no HCAs then transit time is only a few hours with loud gurgling and severe pain. Bile salt diarrhoea comes out violently.

Food poisoning but not because of food.

Bile salt diarrhoea is caused by the small intestine going too fast.
Acids and enzymes then burn (digest the skin around) the anus. These are normally reabsorbed when the speed is controlled correctly.

There is nothing wrong with my intestines!!! They work very well as long as I avoid fiber and strictly control fat intake. I have sucessfully treated myself by NOT blaming the digestion (as everyone else does). I will be continuing my investigations and subjecting all theories to practical scientific testing. I am a walking test bed!

I have already helped several others who are controlling their IBS with my diets... before following my instructions, they were blaming their digestions and were not well.

Send all IBS cases to...
www.ibsexplained.com
Brahmaloka

Jayburds post

Post by Brahmaloka »

Excellent evidence for my IBS theories is providied by the original post...

She eats fruit and gets symptoms of IBS-C

She eats cooked meat (HCAs) with the fruit and symptoms do not occur!

Why...

Her small intestine is only partially regulated by the brain. Eating fruit only, the unregulated parts go fast and try to push food through regulated sections. This causes IBS-C symptoms.

When HCAs are included with the fruit they anesthetize the intestine (read Wai) and prevent IBS-C symptoms.

Of course then you get constipated and have to eat a high fiber diet. Yuck.
www.ibsexplained.com