Serotonin and confidence

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Serotonin and confidence

Post by Thomas »

How is it that serotonin level can determine confidence?

I feel like these are the things I should be taught in school!

Thomas
rischott

Post by rischott »

Don't go to public school. Tell all the people you know not to send their children to public schools. Television combined with these institutes = zombie nation.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Our brain is a massive system in which neurotransmitters are the messengers. Serotonin is one of the most influencial.
Check out this article: www.13.waisays.com
Looking at it from one angle, like happiness, confidence is just a 'chemical state' of the brain. When you feel confident, particular neurotransmitters are more active, and others less. What let to this, is a whole different story, but it has been proven many times that its easy to manipulte this 'chemical state', even (very much) through diet.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

And so this chemical state is manipulated by eliminating the presence of stress hormones?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

This state is manipulated by many factors, such as the exposure to sunlight, the blood glucose levels, blood cholesterol, the availability of tryptophan relative to phenylalanine and leucine, how much beta-carbolines and opioid peptides are ingested, cadmium exposure, if sufficient vitamin B3 is consumed, hormonal contraceptive use and by stress. And there are probably more factors.

Please read http://www.13.waisays.com/index.html , these things are explained there...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

So when you say to keep blood sugar level stable through a continuous consumption of caboydrate and fat (which leads to your concentration being great, high confidence, etc), this same state could theortetically be achieved through a constant consumption of protein and fat (at least until glycogen stores are emptied). Or am i wrong here?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

True, when we only consider energy levels, but there are many other factors that matter.
If you had the read the link that im posting here so persistently ( www.13.waisays.com ), you would have read that there is also a section that explains why too much protein (regarding leucine, phenylalanine, vitamin B6) has adverse effects on serotonin metabolism...
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM wrote:
...you would have read that there is also a section that explains why too much protein (regarding leucine, phenylalanine, vitamin B6) has adverse effects on serotonin metabolism...
It really is amazing we are here at all. Given our start on this planet and what we had to work with. Too much, too little- and we started, knowing nothing! Well, instictually we must have had a sense, but science is still unfolding.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

But then how is it that I seem to achieve the same state of 'serotonin balance' through protein/fat consumption as I do with carbohydrate/fat. Maybe it is a situation where my serotonin levels are improved under high fat/protein conditions due to the fact of blood sugar stabilization (you have stated that serotonin and blood sugar are closely linked)?

I realize that continuous consumption of fat/carb is ideal, but i still want to know why my body is stabilized after hight fat/protein meal. :?
avalon

Post by avalon »

THOMAS- You Are the Chose One!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:But then how is it that I seem to achieve the same state of 'serotonin balance' through protein/fat consumption as I do with carbohydrate/fat.
As I said, there are many factors involved, and one doesnt have to have all factors absolutely right. If the "pro's" are strong enough (cholesterol, blood sugar, B3 and tryptophan for example), they may overpower the "con's".
health

Post by health »

Seems as if the wai diet has made me more happy which I in a way is not so happy about...i feel like a zombie like this...i use to have deep lyrical thoughts now it's just happy thoughts and it's killing my creativity in a way...i’m no longer feeling rap music and i can't write deep lyrics anymore it's just happy tunes I’m responding to in way it's really worrying the crap out of me...

I’m trying to adapt my new thoughts and create new material...but it's hard cuz my mind feel blank, has anyone ells felt like this? Since going wai, like being happy is to bad for their own creativity and normal day pattern thoughts?

I used to be more depressed and less confident and found confidence and happiness through my music, now it's the opposite? :roll:

Am i domed to happy music now? wtf? What to do? :shock:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Don't write about yourself...
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I guess you now find out that you don't need the music for happiness and confidence, only yourself...

You can see this as a negative thing, which in turn may give you inspiration for deep lyrics ;), or as positive thing, which may open new fields for exploration.
health

Post by health »

dionysus
Don't write about yourself...
Yeah but it's not that real if you know what i mean...

Oscar
I guess you now find out that you don't need the music for happiness and confidence, only yourself...
That is kind of hard for me to imagine, since music is a big part of my life and identity, and I’m having my own business started this year and ect...looking into becoming a successful l music producer frankly this whole week scared me i couldn’t create anything, i wasn’t able to feel the music that much..

As if i wasn’t in the mood for it...

but without being depressed about it , it felt like everything was okay like i was in dreamland...I’m talking like this because i just ate some cooked food and I’m "back to my normal thought pattern" :shock:
You can see this as a negative thing, which in turn may give you inspiration for deep lyrics , or as positive thing, which may open new fields for exploration.
Pretty hard to see it as a negative thing :) but yeah could give it a shot, i was thinking about positive music or somehow create something differently but I was amazed on the huge impact it hade on thoughts pretty scary, but since like most of the world is depressed it's pretty obvious these people need music that meet their needs sometimes…

You see the problem with the wai diet and with me is that I felt i don’t care about anything as you used to before…it’s like being soul-free in a way…and that is not so well combined with music and lyrics…you kind of loose that touch that make you deep…

One other thing I really liked about the wai diet is that it gave me back more memories from my past, I used to have a really bad memory of my childhood, wai kind of brought some of that back, it’s probably the cholesterol from the eggs…good thing in a way..

Please share you’re story like how did it change you? And ect…is this just in the beginning will the serotonin get overloaded and you might feel depressed at some point? all im trying to say is, i have no moody feelings while on this diet...and i don't like it that much...sure it makes me special in a way but i haven't learnt to control those thoughts yet...