Keeping your blood sugar optimal + teeth issues

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Keeping your blood sugar optimal + teeth issues

Post by andyville »

Hello all,

1. In your experience, what is the optimal amount of juice to intake at the same time (along with olive oil) to keep your blood sugar as stable as possible? Obviously it would also be interesting to know how often you drink this amount (for instance "1 dl of orange juice with one tablespoon of olive oil every hour" or whatever.)

2. To me it seems like the most optimal routine to keep your blood sugar up would be to take very small amounts of juice pretty much all the time, but this would obviously be quite impractical for most of us. I have also found that drinking a lot of juice has a bad impact on my teeth, which I have discussed in another topic. However, I would like to ask Oscar something: in my previous thread about teeth we only talket about orange juice, which has a high acidity. I have since switched to apple juice, which to me seems to be somewhat less acid. Approximately how many daily intakes of apple juice do you think would be acceptable, without causing too much harm to the teeth?

As always - thanks a bunch, and may the force be with you all!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The problem is that any food which contains carbs makes the pH in the mouth drop below the critical level. Remineralisation takes hours, and, as far as is generally believed, depends on saliva.

Diet plays an important role, but it's uncertain to what extent. Diet determines the composition of saliva, and for instance one theory suggests that nitrates from fruit/vegetables could help reduce caries probability.
Of course I'm not even taking into account the possible effects of a cooked diet.

Another factor is the strength of the teeth. What determines how strong a tooth is? How influential is/was fluoride?

To make a long story short, individual differences and a lack of conclusive scientific evidence make it very hard to give sensible advice. :?
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar:

Do you think it would be sensible to try to intake more juice at the same time over a period of time, to see if the teeth will benefit from this? I guess one idea would be to reduce the number of daily juice intakes to maybe five or six, or would this cause too severe shifts in blood sugar levels?

Looking at the teeth belonging to individuals on my father's side of the family, I would say chances are quite big that I might have weak teeth... :(
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I have read that citrus fruits are bad for teeth and I have also read that citrus fruits are not bad at all for teeth. Does anyone have any information on this?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe you can experiment with alternating between juice and whole fruits and see if that makes any difference.

No idea John. There isn't enough info. Although from a classical dentists' point of view (based on a cooked diet): the more acid, the worse it is for the teeth.
avalon

Post by avalon »

True or not, I found this page very interesting:

http://gerardjudd.com/goodteeth.htm

I have heard of Bar Soap but have never tried using it.
(ref 4) Tooth enamel (essentially calcium phosphate) reacts with all acids to form cavities (see any chemistry text dealing with solubilities). The proton of the acid pulls the phosphate right out of the enamel, and fast. By drinking a sip of water along with the acid during eating, the acid reacts chemically with water immediately to form hydronium ion and thus the enamel is saved. One can use milk or coffee for the same purpose, since they are both non-acidic. Dr. Albert Schatz, Nobelist who discovered streptomycin, found several decades ago that sharks' teeth with their excessive fluoride would dissolve just as readily in citric acid as ordinary non-fluoridated teeth, laying to rest the hypothesis that fluoride would stop cavities. The dental people (American Dental Association) pushed aside this discovery and Dr. Schatz' discoveries regarding excessive baby mortalities caused by fluoridation in Chili, South America as insignificant. They returned his mail 3x unopened and would not deal with him.
Then, perhaps mixing some water in, or as a side with the juice/oil/sugar may be beneficial???
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Then, perhaps mixing some water in, or as a side with the juice/oil/sugar may be beneficial???
But then again; how much water, as juice already contains so much water.
Its worth a try though.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Yeah, a bit weak when a good swish of water after would do the same.