What do you eat and drink when sick?

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
gianni
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What do you eat and drink when sick?

Post by gianni »

I've been sick since yesterday. I've had a headache, neck pain, chills, lung congestion, and abdominal problems. It may be either detox or caused by eating potatoes and butter which I had been using as munch food for 3 or 4 days. Yesterday I got sick while at work, so I just ate the regular wai food that I had taken with me because I needed to keep going, but today I am wondering if there are some things that I should leave out for a day or two. Today I don't have so much pain, mostly just fatigue, but I don't feel like eating much. Should I continue to try to drink orange juice? Oil doesn't sound appealing, but it doesn't sound like you should ever drink orange juice without it. Egg yolks don't sound too good either today, but if it would be good for me, I would eat them. Definitely no more potatoes, though. Not for a long time. Maybe I will try to not have any munch foods today, even though that is what my body is telling me it wants. Toast and tea sound good, unfortunately.

Thank you for any input.

gianni
RRM
Administrator

Re: What do you eat and drink when sick?

Post by RRM »

gianni wrote:I've been sick since yesterday. I've had a headache, neck pain, chills, lung congestion, and abdominal problems.
Sounds like the flu.
It may be either detox
I dont believe in a detox like that regarding butter and potatoes.
I am wondering if there are some things that I should leave out for a day or two.
As little fiber as possible; energy dense and easy to digest foods only.
You know what does the trick best?
Sleep, sleep, sleep and sleep.
That will give your body the opportunity to recover and restore your defense.
I don't feel like eating much.
Thats normal; your body wants to use all energy for recovery, not for digesting. OJ is good (with oil)
gianni

Re: What do you eat and drink when sick?

Post by gianni »

RRM wrote:
gianni wrote: It may be either detox
I dont believe in a detox like that regarding butter and potatoes.
You're right. More like intoxing.

Thanks for your help.

gianni
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

The sauna has really helped me. I had the flu last week, my friend had it really bad with fever and I had it a lot less, no fever.
I had sauna visits before I got sick, then during also. Other than that, I try to eat a little lighter, with less heavy foods (like nuts) and more blueberries and foods with higher antioxidant levels and higher in water. I also tried this yin/yang thing (Chinese) to where I ate cooling Wai foods to cool down my body. Sleep well and drink more water. Relax (sauna, bath, walks). Fresh OJ in the morning... other juices.

Juices are good when you're sick.