Life expectancy and Diet

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by johndela1 »

Roman,

I don't think everyone agrees that eating prepared meat causes cancer. What kind of proof do you have to back that?
Frost

Post by Frost »

carcinogens from barbequeing and using fire to cook meat have been proven to exist
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

that is from barbequeing which is not how all people cook

I believe that how you cook meat makes a big difference mainly what temperature you use.

I also believe that eating raw is best, for many reasons.
Novidez

Re: Life expectancy and Diet

Post by Novidez »

I was wondering about this on the other day... I read this "In my experience, fruitarians shorten their lives, often significantly. Interestingly, they may live apparently healthfully for years, but suddenly their health declines and they die quickly at an earlier age than most other people. I do not know the exact cause, but it may have to do with depletion of some vital nutrient or the accumulation of a toxic substance due to fruit-eating. Eating food containing sugars also causes glycation, a toxic process that destroys the body eventually." (Source: http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm). (I know this is kinda poor on scientific information.) Well, we are not completely frutarians ;D . However, I hate to read things like these "they may live apparently healthfully for years" and also that Sugar can speed the aging process...

So, what could possible be the life expectancy of a person that follows the Wai Diet?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think Dr Wilson writes quite a lot of complete crap to be honest.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Kasper wrote:I think Dr Wilson writes quite a lot of complete crap to be honest.
It's good to hear (read) that now from you, because you seemed quite interested when you first start reading his texts a long long time ago. I didn't read everything he says. I could say that I am reading regarding my concerns and worries. So I am filtering a lot the information... :roll:
However, I think he is not the only person who says this. Sometimes I just wished I had a good argument not to only be able to answer my own doubts about the Sugar issue but also if someone confronted me (which has already happened several times in the past few days). And the problem is, if you try to research, you always end up reading articles like this from Dr Wilson, or from Dr Mercola, etc...

But you didn't answer the question what could possible be the life expectancy of a person that follows the Wai Diet? Unless you find it useless or you don't want to answer it, which I can completely understand and respect also.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Kasper wrote:I feel this man (dr wilson) is sometimes right about things. Just out of my personal experience. But 90% of what he writes seems completely nonsense, if you would ask me.
Wait a sec, maybe I read it wrong ahah :oops:
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Well, I don't think it is a useless question, but I don't know. RRM would probably say that Wai Warrior should give you pretty much the highest life expectancy possible.
Sometimes I just wished I had a good argument not to only be able to answer my own doubts about the Sugar issue but also if someone confronted me (which has already happened several times in the past few days).
I don't know what you're doubts are, but I think if you ask them to RRM, he will answer them, and I think he will help you understand this better, and better able to talk to people that confront you.

By the way, I think what can help, is saying that most people eat 200-400 gram of sugar, but in the form of starch from grains or potatoes. Starch ends up as glucose in the blood, which is the same sugar as in grapes. But fruits, especially oranges, have a much better mineral balance (mangesium/potassium), more b-vitamins, and plenty of studies show the beneficial effects of fruits to the human body.
And the problem is, if you try to research, you always end up reading articles like this from Dr Wilson, or from Dr Mercola, etc...
Well, if you search, "problems with sugars" you will end up there yes :D

But I understand, it is freaking difficult for mortals like you and me, to filter the crap from the good shit on the internet. I won't say I'm able to, but I read stuff from RRM, Chris Kresser Gert van Leeuwen (yoga), Eric Goodman (foundation training) and Ray Peat.
RRM
Administrator

Eating raw eggs

Post by RRM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wor ... 0edc323fb5

The world's oldest woman (116 yrs) has been eating 2 raw eggs every single day, for decades.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Eating raw eggs

Post by Oscar »

Hahaha, nice :D