what to do in the wild

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

what to do in the wild

Post by johndela1 »

I've seen a show on TV about surviving in the wilderness with no food. The guy killed a snake and said something like, always cook snakes because they commonly have some kind of parasite that can make you very sick and in some cases cause death.

If you where out in the wilderness and had to be eating snake for a few months, would it be healthier to risk a deadly parasite to avoid the toxins created by cooking the snake or would it be better to cook the snake and eat the toxins?
avo

Post by avo »

I wouldn't go right for a snake. They tend to fight to the death and bite, which may or may not be venomous. I'd definitely look for other food sources that can't kill/poison me (fish, small game, birds, whatever) first.

But yes, I'd rather eat cooked snake than none at all. Definitely would not eat it raw after hearing that.
Frost

Post by Frost »

i would cook any meat source i found in the wild lol, unless i had a sushi chef that would stake his life on being able to find parasites in the fish he prepared.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Frost wrote:i would cook any meat source i found in the wild lol, unless i had a sushi chef that would stake his life on being able to find parasites in the fish he prepared.
I eat raw fish every day that I prepare. I dont' think this is a life or death risk.

Different animals are suseptable to different parasites. You're not going to die eating raw alaskan salmon, but you could die from raw pork.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avo wrote:I wouldn't go right for a snake. They tend to fight to the death and bite, which may or may not be venomous. I'd definitely look for other food sources that can't kill/poison me (fish, small game, birds, whatever) first.

But yes, I'd rather eat cooked snake than none at all. Definitely would not eat it raw after hearing that.
You can eat poison snakes just not the poison glands (usually in or near the head)

most animals will fight when you try to kill and eat them

to me (maybe becaus I'm used to handling snakes), I see almost no danger in killing a rattle snake. Holds it head down with a stick then grab its tail and swing it like a rope to smash its head.

Even if you did go for other small game, would you feel safe eating it raw? I consider myself mainly a raw foodist, but am only familure with what I regularly eat.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You have to get used to the bacteria in the environment, then you won't have any problems. I would eat anything raw then.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Do you get used to parasites (other than bacteria)? Or can our bodies defend from worms and such?

My concern was some kind of worm in snakes, not the bacteria.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My personal idea is that parasites either wouldn't get a hold on us or would be expelled by our immune system.
Frost

Post by Frost »

why are humans, a species that has no real experience dealing with parasites, be able to eliminate them while wild animals who are forced to deal with them through generations, be helpless? Parasites are very common in the third world, and those suffering from them dont seem to be able to expel them naturally.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

good point...

There are some who say parasites are beneficial. That they kind of cull our cells. I don't know if this is the case.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Frost wrote:why are humans, a species that has no real experience dealing with parasites
why do you think so?
We have been eating raw animal food for millions of years...

We all have parasites inside our body.
those suffering from them dont seem to be able to expel them naturally.
True, if your body cannot deal with them, it cannot.
Those who suffer from parasites either have been unfortunate by getting infested by a real dangerous parasite, or their defense failed.
esprit

Post by esprit »

Maybe not the place for this question, but I am curious about your opinion on regular anti -parasite treatment of animals like dogs and horses.
Heart worm (?) (hartworm in dutch) can be fatal to dogs,horses can get really ill/could die from certain parasites.
Is it because their immune system fails because of wrong nutrition or other?
Looking forward to your reply.
avo

Post by avo »

Improper nutrition most likely. Feeding dogs/cats a properly balanced raw food diet eliminates and prevents things like this. I know that my dogs don't have a flea problem anymore after eating raw for a couple months. My kittens are vibrant as well, never took any of my pets to a vet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

esprit wrote:I am curious about your opinion on regular anti -parasite treatment of animals like dogs and horses.
Its prevention that is effective. I doubt its healthy, but its protection against the parasite.
How many horses and dogs die of heartworm in nature?
Maybe its more about the current feeding and living conditions that causes this danger than the parasite naturally would be?