Low-carb foods and blood sugar

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Low-carb foods and blood sugar

Post by andyville »

1. Does anybody have any good advice on how to keep blood sugar levels as stable as possible throughout the day? During a typical day I eat a couple of apples, some avocados, a little olive oil, some cashews and a raw egg yolk or two. How could I best eat these foods to keep blood sugar stable all day? Should I focus on larger or smaller meals? Food combinations or mono meals?

2. The reason I am bringing up this subject is that I have found that my blood sugar level has a lot of impact on my mental abilities, and being a college student that is quite important to me. I would like to ask one more thing. If I am eating a low-carb meal (a cup of cashews or an avocado, for instance) will my blood sugar not be raised significantly? Or will my body transform the fat and protein into glucose?

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this field...

Peace
Andy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As small meals as often as possible, combining sugar with fat energy. Your body will convert depending on what it needs.

Btw, you do know that cashews are a munchfood, right?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I've been what you are going through.

You need to drink orange juice with olive oil.

I drink 2 litres of orange juice a day.

i add 35-50ml of olive oil to 1 litre of orange juice.

I found that if i am studying i FEEL better (more calm) if i add more fat (olive oil) to the orange juice. Have a go.

I constantly drink LITTLE sips of orange juice and olive oil all day long.

Fruits with fiber DO NOT give me the instant energy i require. Once you've been on the juice, there is NO going back. It makes you feel too good. Its amazing really.

PS i think cashew nuts are no-no for acne (if this is what you are doing the diet for)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

PPS Try and listen to your body. Try to understand when it requires energy and when you have over done it. You will realise that how you feel is related to how much energy is in your body. There is an 'optimum' amount of energy that makes you feel really good.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar and Dionysus:

Drinking orangde juice and fat constantly throughout the day sounds extremely interesting from an energy level perspective, but I have heard about so many fruitarians who had to quit their high sugar diets because of teeth problems. Thoughts?

What do you think about having maybe two meals of apples and olive oil in the morning, then eating nuts, egg yolks and avocados in the afternoon? If I would follow this routine, the fat and protein I eat in the afternoon would be converted into glucose (following Oscar's logic described below) and at the same time I guess I would spare my teeth.

Then again - isn't the conversion from fat to glucose what makes low-carb dieters have such bad breath?
andyville

Post by andyville »

(By the way, I do realize that the Wai diet is not strictly fruitarian.)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

andyville wrote: Oscar and Dionysus:

Drinking orangde juice and fat constantly throughout the day sounds extremely interesting from an energy level perspective, but I have heard about so many fruitarians who had to quit their high sugar diets because of teeth problems. Thoughts?

Two ways to solve the problem:

1. Make sure the fruit is very ripe, so the acid level is low.
2. Use a straw when drinking the orange juice. Bypass your teeth
andyville wrote: What do you think about having maybe two meals of apples and olive oil in the morning, then eating nuts, egg yolks and avocados in the afternoon?
For me, the fiber gets in the way. I NEED the juice for that instant energy boost. You see, when you hit your 'optimal' energy level you feel REALLY good. Dietary wise, no other way gets you this feeling CONSTANTLY.

:)
avo

Post by avo »

What dionysus said.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

andyville wrote:Oscar and Dionysus:

It looks as if the teeth have to adapt to the new situation, plus it seems one has to be (very close to) 100% strict on the diet for it to work. I think it also depends on the condition of the teeth at the start. Since I only have my girlfriend and myself as a reference, this is far from conclusive though.
andyville wrote:Then again - isn't the conversion from fat to glucose what makes low-carb dieters have such bad breath?
The bad breath comes from being in ketosis. Diabetic people have the same.
Gerard

acids and teeth

Post by Gerard »

It is the acids in fruits (and other food or drink) that harm teeth, not sugar.

You can eat a lot of sugar indeed and not have any effects on the teeth from this if it is not accompanied by acid.

You must rinse your teeth (take in non-acidic water, rinse within the mouth, and spit it out) or devise some other way to keep the teeth from a constant high-acid bath to protect them, that is all.