nicotine article...

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
Chin-Chin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Chin-Chin »

I forgot to mention that the only way I quit at home was because I threw away one pack as a symbolic gesture and gave the rest to friends. But whenever I have cigarettes on my hands, I would smoke them eventually.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

@Avalon: ROFL! :lol:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Avalon....! :lol:

We love any and all references to the Wizard of Oz (or little men behind curtains... in Oscar's case) :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hee Hee :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Ha Ha :lol:
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Chin Chin,
I agree with Oscar BUT I also think you're right about the authority/rebellion thing that you say you have going on.
Once you let go of this then your willpower will be strong enough, I'm sure.

When you're with a professor (who's smoking) you want to feel "at his level" somewhat buddy-like and smoking together brings this illusion. And we know how professors are in France, always finding ways to make you feel small and worthless...
But you could also think of it this way: Maybe (on a deeper level) the professor is feeling bad that he smokes (because everybody is aware of health risks and feels they should stop) and when you first refuse he feels uncomfortable (so insists), might even feel inferior subconsciously because you can resist something he cannot...Looking at it this way you are in the stronger position by NOT smoking and by rebelling against the image of the 'intoxicated' parisien artist... You are setting a new image of a balanced artist, feet on the ground and all!
Next time you meet with a professor, bring an apple and some Olive oil in a sample liquor bottle (you know like I do): Eat your apple and then whip out your OO. His jaw will drop and you'll be telling him about the diet before he can remember to light another cigarette.

:P
Just an idea!
take care and go for it!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL - good idea! :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Thank you for the advice, Corinne and Oscar. I've given up my fight with cigarettes at the current moment. I'm not a heavy smoker, and I can live without. It's just that when there are some, it's hard to resist :roll:

Avalon, how did you do it? Living in the States helps, as people smoke much less (except in NYC).
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey Chin-Chin, I was bartending at the time and smoking 2.5 packs a day. For a while I would cut them in half with scissors and then try and tape them back together, or crunch up the pack, then straighten them out. My only sure way was to pour water over them. I had tremendous guilt and anger over being controlled by them!

Now I'm mostly mad at the companies that would sell a product that outright kills people- but looks so good in old black and white movies :D Even now when I smell a hint of someones smoke a trigger goes off in my head- I pray I never get so weak as to give in to a desire to start again- it would be only to self destruct.

Get angry at the marketeers! Get angry at yourself for hurting your tiny little lung cells who scream for air everytime you inhale smoke. Poor little lung cells...oh so cute...goochy goo, yes the little tiny winey lung cells... :cry:

Hey Bartender! :shock:

Damn they were good with coffee or alcohol! :twisted:

Choose to live.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Avalon,

Your story is inspiring. Sometimes, I would prefer if the government just straight out restricted smoking in France (and in China too, it's even worse!).

The tobacco industry is such a powerful interest group. And it's really a pretty powerful drug - there's not a lot of freedom of choice when you are hooked!

I've tried throwing whole packs out the window, flushing them down the toilet, giving them away to cleaning ladies... Such a vice!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Poor little lung cells...oh so cute...goochy goo, yes the little tiny winey lung cells... :cry:
ROFL! :lol:
Chin-Chin wrote:The tobacco industry is such a powerful interest group.
Yeah you're right, it is. :(
Like the pharmaceutical industry is too, and not to mention the weapon industry... :?