sugar spike

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

sugar spike

Post by johndela1 »

I've read in the materials on this site that complex carbs spike sugar more than simple sugars.

I told my dad that and he tells me (he checks his blood sugar regularly because he is a type2 diabetic) that when he eats bread his sugar doesn't go up as much as when he eats sugar.

I'd like to do a test by drinking sugar water one morning and seeing my blood then equal calories of bread the next day.

I think he he sees a higher sugar from 'sugar' is because his sugar is usually mixed with startch. Like pasteries, etc.
RRM
Administrator

Re: sugar spike

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I've read in the materials on this site that complex carbs spike sugar more than simple sugars.

I told my dad that and he tells me (he checks his blood sugar regularly because he is a type2 diabetic) that when he eats bread his sugar doesn't go up as much as when he eats sugar.
Both are mainly glucose. Starch, for example, is all glucose linked to eachother. Starch-glucose molecules stimulate the release of insulin as much as sugar-glucose. So, its about what/how much you eat.
The problem with complex sugars is that it doesnt feel as if they are sugar, so that you can easily eat a plate of pasta or a few sandwiches, and then the volume of the spike is very big.
with simple sugars, the spike is steeper, but you will (as a result) never eat as much in once, so that the volume is much smaller.
I'd like to do a test by drinking sugar water one morning and seeing my blood then equal calories of bread the next day.
Drinking all once you would have to force yourself. With sugar water you would end up sipping it.
In the end, if the amount of calories is the same, then it comes down to when you eat (in how many stages)
I think he he sees a higher sugar from 'sugar' is because his sugar is usually mixed with startch. Like pasteries, etc.
Yes, then you can eat it all at once, but with single sugars only, you cannot.