the question behind allergies

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
sula58
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

the question behind allergies

Post by sula58 »

Hi, it's been a while since I've visited the board! I'm looking forward to looking through the new posts...

I'm still happily on the diet, after almost three years, except...I got cocky. :) Hence, my problem:

I was happily 100% for a while, but you know how it goes...I sort of slipped into eating occasional munch food, usually cream with fruits. It didn't affect me and was satisfying, sooo...about a month ago, I started to experiment to see how much more dairy I could get away with (and still feel/look good). Before I knew it, I was eating ice cream and sour cream, along with fruit and egg yolk, almost every day. For about two weeks, I felt fine.

Then, suddenly, I didn't feel so good: I started getting severe abdominal pain, just moments here or there. I just figured I was getting my period (though I haven't had such bad cramps in a long time). I also had a lot of gas, which I ignored. (I guess I wanted to keep on eating my cream and cheese!)
Then I started getting really sick: my throat felt constricted and I was getting headaches. My roommate had a virus and felt similiar symptoms, so I thought I had the same thing. Then, three days ago, I woke up and my right eye was completely swollen shut! I was also having trouble breathing. I was SO scared! Anyway, long story short: it turns out I was having an allergic reaction (to dairy)!

My sister is lactose intolerant, and only developed it as a teen...I'm not sure if the Wai diet made me even more sensitive (because a dairy allergy is more severe than lactose intolerance). I've been reading up on allergies, and it's striking how common dairy/wheat/soy allergies are! Does anyone know if this is connected to their bad protein/beta carbolines/opioid peptides content? It's almost as if our bodies are protesting all the bad food that we view as "healthy"/normal! (But why only in the last 20 years? Well, it doesn't seem like a coincidence that it is rising along with obesity/disease/etc.... :( )

To be honest, I am glad that I have been diagnosed as "allergic," because what better motivation for not touching the stuff again? :) The very thought of eating anything dairy now makes me cringe. It's also nice on a social level...a kind of "out" when I don't feel like going into a long, drawn-out explanation of the diet (followed by all those wonderful surprised looks, protests, etc...because that NEVER gets old). I think I might fib a bit and also add a soy/wheat allergy to the list, he he (although, in a certain sense, I AM allergic...I get cramps, etc. when I eat that stuff...)

Anyway, my main question: 1) When will the remaining dairy leave my system? It's been three days and I still have some uncomfortable (but don't worry, not life threatening!) symptoms. I know it's two weeks to get back on track with the 100% diet, but I'd like to know when my symptoms will go away...
and also:
2) please someone tell me that I can still eat egg yolk. Because I will die without my egg yolk...I LOVE my egg yolk! Because it's RAW, so it's not allergy-causing....(try explaining that to my worried mother) :)

Thanks!
Sula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to see you again, Sula :)
Very interesting to read your experience. I do think our bodies get far more sensitive and self-protective.

I can't really answer 1), but 2) is for sure! :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: the question behind allergies

Post by RRM »

sula58 wrote: Does anyone know if this is connected to their bad protein/beta carbolines/opioid peptides content?
Yes. Thats why wheat allergies are very common too; wheat contains similar proteins (containing opioid peptides).
To be honest, I am glad that I have been diagnosed as "allergic," because what better motivation for not touching the stuff again? :)
I know what you mean; its the same reason why im glad that my skin is so much acne prone.
When will the remaining dairy leave my system?
For the peptides to go away, that may take a while (up to weeks, i suspect).
2) please someone tell me that I can still eat egg yolk. Because I will die without my egg yolk...I LOVE my egg yolk! Because it's RAW, so it's not allergy-causing....(try explaining that to my worried mother) :)
Of course you can. Egg yolk has NOTHING to do with milk proteins...
sula58

Post by sula58 »

thank you!
I've been 100% for a few days now and I'm already feeling better.

Of course you can. Egg yolk has NOTHING to do with milk proteins..
oops, duh... :roll: I knew that... :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

sula58 wrote:I've been 100% for a few days now and I'm already feeling better.
Good to hear! :)