cigarettes vs bad diet

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

cigarettes vs bad diet

Post by johndela1 »

Who do you think would be better off (live longer, healthier body and brain) someone who follows the wai diet but smokes a half a pack of cigarettes a day or someone who follows a typical american diet but doesn't smoke?

I smoke about 10 cigarettes a day and some people around me wont take my nutritional advise seriously. I guess they figure if I smoke I can't possibly know anything about health.

I tried to tell them they do equal damage with their diet and they say cigarettes are much much worse then what poor nutrition can do.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Difficult question. Smoking and cooked food are in the same league. Food probably has more toxic substances (more is ingested as well), but our bodies might be able to protect us more against that than against the direct inhalation of cigarette smoke.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, the toxins in cigarette smoke are very much concentrated, unlike in food (unless you eat the black rims of grilled beef).
Whats worse is hard to tell; is it better to die at 50 from lung cancer, with a generally more healthy body, than to die say 10 or 20 years later with a body thats sick at multiple sites?

Personally, it would hurt me emotionally to know that my healthy body has to endure the daily attack of toxic concentrate, in as much as i have a psychological problem breathing while inhaling traffic gasses (i hold my breath when i sense more toxins)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Yea, it bothers me, too (I guess not enough).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What also bothers me a lot, is that i work in a restaurant and that its still allowed to smoke in restaurants here. Fortunately, thats gonna end next year. But still, i might get lungcancer from the smoke already inhaled. :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, I can imagine...6 more months. :)