Industrial chemicals like DDT in the body....

Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis etc.
MJ
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Industrial chemicals like DDT in the body....

Post by MJ »

I recall Wai saying that there really no such thing as "detoxification" in the sense that is used by many holistic modalities. For example, I have heard of people in yoga saying how sweating when doing yoga detoxifies the body. Personally, I think don't think there would be any difference if a chemical analysis of the sweat during yoga and sweat from running was compared.

However, Wai did say that the body is always naturally trying to get rid of stuff that is not supposed to be there (through defeces, urine, etc...). So here's my question....

I real watching a CNN special where a chemical analysis was done on the reporter's blood and the result showed traces of well over 100 industrial chemicals. There was actually traces of DDT which had been banned in the US since the 1970's. The reporter must have gotten some in his body during his childhood prior to the ban.

Why can't the body get rid of things like that (considering that more DDT does not continuously enter his body)? Also, is there any way to get rid of things like that?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Chemicals in the body....

Post by RRM »

MJ wrote:I real watching a CNN special where a chemical analysis was done on the reporter's blood and the result showed traces of well over 100 industrial chemicals. There was actually traces of DDT which had been banned in the US since the 1970's. The reporter must have gotten some in his body during his childhood prior to the ban.

Why can't the body get rid of things like that (considering that more DDT does not continuously enter his body)? Also, is there any way to get rid of things like that?
The body cannot get rid of it because its an unnatural and totally 'unknown' molecule to the body, so that it has no 'transporters' to actively remove such compounds from the blood.
Maybe removing such compunds is possible by administering a drug into the blood that breaks it down.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

DDT is still in use in some countries, btw. :?